All parent member reviews for Jericho

Adult Written byjcf129 April 9, 2008

Parent of a 13 and 15 year old Written byGeoJane42 November 23, 2008

Excellent study in human nature... gripping story, fantastic characters... must see!

If you are a fan of story lines that have not been dumbed down to appeal to the wider, generally less intellectually gifted majority, this show is for you. If you need everything spelled out for you, best to stick with your average, run of the mill big box action production. So much of the Jericho story unfolds between the lines and in what isn't said or done that you really do need to pay attention. I intend to watch it again with my 13 year old son. He is very interested in war, weapons, urban chaos and human nature in relation to natural and man made disasters so I think he will find it very interesting. The consequences of the choices we make, the relationships we nurture, and our role in the context of the society around us are all topics that can be further explored through this show and in subsequent conversations. Definitely one to watch WITH your kids.
Adult Written byjinzleftbuttcheek April 9, 2008

I love Jericho

Jericho is a well written TV program about how people react under pressure and in a crisis. Some become heroes while others use an event for their own gain at the expense of the community. This is a good show to share with the family. A great lead in for LOST.
Adult Written byPsalm1011 April 9, 2008

Slightly disturbing plot, decent charactes

My husband and I classify this an 'i.n.e.i.o' show - 'if nothing else is on'. The plot is slightly disturbing, with the last episode revealing that a good part (if not most all) of the United States has been wiped out by Nuclear bombs. However, the town of Jericho seems to be a decent place to live...errr...survive. I like the show and the characters, but your brain is constantly trying to sort out the competing themes: a really sweet town working together, and the fact that the world is over as we know it.
Adult Written byjesus3boy June 16, 2009

most amazing tv show i ever saw. realistic and true. no duming down. http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/video/