All parent member reviews for Jersey Shore

Adult Written byNeyer November 15, 2010

Call the garbage truck! This dumpster is overflowing!

There isn't a single thing that's good about this show. It's just a bunch of nobody twenty to thirty-year-olds stuck in a house, having sex, constantly getting drunk, and being idiots. Apparently the point of the show, at one point, was to get them to work at a job, but from the looks of things they've never even held a job before, much less know how to perform the tasks like normal people or hold one down. The cast consists of a group of idiots who use excessive stereotyping throughout the show and who are extremely close-minded. They have a complete disregard for anyone else's feelings and only care about the next party, club, or lay on their list. This show is nothing more than a Skinemax reject and should be treated as such. Anyone under seventeen doesn't usually have the common sense not to imitate these acts and it should be avoided at all costs. This show isn't even worthy of the title 'entertainment.'
Parent Written byT.O.poet January 5, 2011

Shameless and Non-Ironic

Quite simply, this show and those involved in it profit from the non-ironic exploitation of crude cultural stereotypes, alcoholism, and the stupidity of the general public. It might be funny or progressive if it were a mockumentary, but instead it glorifies a problematic (and unrealistic) lifestyle in a crass attempt to sell Red Bull. Most distressing is the fact that I KNOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE ACTUALLY STARTED BEHAVING LIKE THE CHARACTERS ON THIS SHOW: trying to start fights at clubs, over-tanning, and getting drunk in the day time. It's puerile. What kind of a sad, empty culture has time for this dreck? I never thought I'd miss the Hills...
Adult Written byM1RSH3 March 27, 2011

Degradation of Our Youth

I'm 19 and I don't see the appeal. It celebrates being a slutty, dramatic, idiot with no goals in life other than being a worthless partier for the rest of their lives. I understand some people watch the show just to make fun of how pathetic they are, but the people who think life should be like that are going to be screwed when they actually have to grow up... I'm sad for my generation and younger ones.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bykabafe January 22, 2011

IT`S TERRIBLE FOR ANY AGFE

i`M SHOCK WHEN IWATCHED THE SHOW FOR THE FIRST TIME, ....OH MY GOSH ......IT`S TERRIBLE..... THERE IS NOTHING EDUCTIVE IN THIS SHOW...THAT`S WHY THE TEENAGER GET PREGNANT IN A EARLY AGE..........I AIN`T OLD FASHON...BUT IT`S TOO MUCH ...I`D RATHER " FRIENDS".....SOUNDS LIKE THIS ONE IT`S SO MUCH INOCENT...COMPARES TO " JERSEY SHORE'.....
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byCommon critic January 21, 2011

My daughter loves it

My daughter just started watching thus show recently.I let her watch it but just tell her to be careful still.she knows about the language and sex thing and it doesn't seem to bother her.she lives the show and I'm not going to take it away from her.yes there are sex and language in the show that I am concerned about but it doesn't bother me completely.at first I used to watch the show with her but I believe she is old enough to be mature to watch this show
Adult Written bybnmjy April 24, 2011

Irrelevant to everyone regardless of age

This show is a complete abomination, and I am ashamed that there are children here that are actually praising this show. Note that I am only 18 years old. In no way whatsoever do I approve of any of the characters behaviors on this reality show. True, that children will eventually learn about sex and drugs, but that does not give the right for a show to glamorize such objects. The characters on this show are all ostentatious, superficial, and just plain stupid. I cannot even describe how much I loathe this show. I question why it even exists and why people watch it in the first place. There is absolutely nothing positive about this show at all. I think it's inappropriate for all ages.
Adult Written byMichale Ford May 27, 2011

Eugenic Propaganda!

DO NOT let your tween ( earliest teens) children to see shows like this, The message it express is very destructive, basically says that partying is a legitimate profession and also a glorified one., sex, drugs and heaps of alcohol are just the tip of the iceberg, It promotes a culture on decadency, based on violence looks and vices, and promoting them as virtues.
Adult Written byUltraBanana January 30, 2011

This is what T.V. has turned into.

I marked everything that's in the "Any Concerns?" bar is marked for a reason. This show's message is "Hey kids, follow a stupid sterotype and get rick off it". All they do is party, drink, smoke, fight, have sex and act stupid. Hell I'm 17 and I still don't think I should watch this show. I understand people like it because of all the drama and the 'funny fights' but I say you shouldn't give them the pleasure of having high ratings.
Adult Written byangelsite2850 January 12, 2011

Perfect from young adults and good minded teens

I LOVE IT. Not everybody on T.V has to be a role model! This show is dramalicious and fun to watch!
Parent Written byHydreigon May 27, 2011

A steaming pile of sh*t.

This show is a steaming pile of sh*t. None of the characters are likeable, and I doubt they're really Italian-American. Don't let your children watch sh*t like this. Let 'em watch some of the good cartoons on Cartoon Network, like Adventure Time, Regular Show, MAD, and the Looney Tunes Show. Those shows contain positive role models.
Adult Written bydenndeni123 September 17, 2011

Great for kids

Awesome Show! My kids love it
Adult Written byShizukaVictoria May 31, 2011

A real embarassment, and Im not even Italian.

This show is definitly an embarassment and I'm not even Italian. The people who watch this show are the people who have the same obnoxious and love for drama. Trust me I grew up in a stereotypical mexican american town where everyone is EXACTLY alike in attitude, people who weren't were literally from other countries or prestigous towns nearby. This show embraces the flaws society has, especially how most of us view Hollywood with people being in so many scandals the steoreotypical mentality of a wealthy vally girl that sole purpose is too be rich and look good even if that means reconstructing her entire body. It's sad to say this is MTV's reputation however, it lives off paying people to fight and get pregnant and create drama for everyone and sadly teenagers are becoming more like that, looking at MTV to make money and doing absolutly ANYTHING to get on it because its just that easy. And yes MTV really does script everything, I did use to watch the channel but not on a constant basis and of course the people have the worst acting not even trying to make it seem real.If these people are real in what they do you know for sure they all pretty much have at least half of STDs that we all are aware of. Also just so everyone knows, Snooki isnt of Italian blood shes Cuban and was adopted by an Italian family, and now you know. I'm almost embarassed to be human to see that some people are actually praising this type of negative mentality. If we get more programs like this society will definitly go into anarchy. This program being shown in other countries is one of the reasons im officially moving to Japan even though itd be incredibly embarassing im from America if they are aware of this show. For one thing every other country now has a real reason to think we're polluting the world with our culture.
Adult Written byPinballWitch August 24, 2011

Mind rot not suitable for anyone who values their dignity.

At age 18, I'm constantly surrounded by people who watch and discuss this show, and I can't possibly for the life of me understand why on earth how anyone could degrade himself to such a degree. Are people really messed up enough that they need to watch the lives of people who are even crazier than they are to gain some sense of normalcy? Do people actually get some kind of lurid glee out of watching the bar fights and shallow relationships? The answer is, well, yeah. MTV knows exactly how to target its fan base, and that is by playing on the basest instincts of human being. When people see scenes of depravity that are outside their normal sense of perception, they can't help but look on. There are hard-working people out there trying to eke out a living and yet the "stars" of this trainwreck are making millions. This show makes me fear for my generation.
Adult Written byXx420ganj4Lif3xX May 27, 2011

this is a bad show for all ages

This show isn't for kids, and it shouldn't even be for adults. It appeals to the lowest denominator of society and never should have been showed on tv in the first place. If your child says they wish to watch this show or admire any member of the cast take them for counseling and review your parenting method. It also enforces negative stereotypes about italian americans and tells kids/teens that drinking and being a waste of space is what you should do
Parent of a 12 year old Written byxxalexx January 17, 2011

It is an entertaining show for high schoolers, but for kids in elementary and middle school it is just too much. There is serious guy and girl fighting, the guy fighting is more physical while the girl fighting is more verbally. Although you can't hear the cursing you can certainly figure out what they are saying.Not too much sex but you do see clubs, relationships, and TONS OF DRAMA!!!!! If you think your child can handle the show without it affecting their behavior then let them see it. But I've noticed that children have started cursing and just acting worse after seeing this show. PS: i am a teacher that is why i see that behavior, especially in middle school.
Parent of a 1 and 8 year old Written bySteffauri516 July 21, 2011

Rarely entertaining, TV trash...

There really are no positive messages in this show. Admittedly I enjoy an episode every now and again, but this show is definately not kid friendly in any way! The entire series is a disgraceful stereotype of the obnoxious Italian-American and the events in the show are incredibly fake and staged. There is loads of foul language and name calling, occasionally the actors will hit one another, including men being violent or disrespectful to women, trashing their rooms and breaking their things. There is a lot of drinking and partying as well as some sex and hints to it, I'd rate this show off for any kid under 16 at least...
Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written bywrightmom August 27, 2011

Don't waste your time

Obviously a 14-year-old is not mature enough to review this show. Probably even should not be watching it. Why would anyone think a 5-year-old should watch this? No child should aspire to be one of these "characters". They are in it for the money and fame, and that is why it influences teenagers negatively whose brains are not fully developed.
Parent Written byMumzePerdue July 30, 2011

Not for me

Do not like it. Don't see the attraction. Don't think it's stimulating to my intelligence.
Parent Written byLaney52* September 1, 2011

Jersey Shore has an undertow! Beware!

The one day I watch it with my 16 year old they show a young woman getting in and out of bed with first a girl then a boy. The entire episode seemed to be about "hooking up." While it definitely started some dialogue I am appalled at the level of popularity this show maintains. I'm going to limit this at my house.
Parent Written byGrilledCheeseDeluxe July 6, 2012

Jersey Shore-The worst show ever made

Looking for garbage? Then you came to the right place; it's noting but worthless crap TV that floods your child's mind with despicable language and constant sexual connotations. It critisizes the Italian-American communities; allowing us to believe they are mentally corrupt. Such features mean this show is not only unsuitable for children, but also any other form of life.