Parent and Kid Reviews on

Kakegurui TV show poster
Our Review

Based on 10 kid reviews

Sort by:

Kakegurui: Gambling with a side of....Breasts?

I really like this anime! The gambling scenes are intense, but i think some of them may be a bit confusing for young people to understand. I wouldn't describe this show as lewd, but there's definitely some more crude scenes, like up-skirt shots, breast grabbing (though this isn't done in a sexual manner) and discussions of self-pleasure. When it comes to vulgarity and actual imagery, there's one scene where a character pleasures herself in the school bathroom, though nothing indecent is shown, and you just see her hand under her skirt. This character overall is rather vulgar, and gets aroused by the the main character, and also by getting killed. A scene people may find triggering or intense is a scene that mentions rape. No rape actually happens, but a couple of men corner a female character in an alleyway, and demand she takes off her clothes. She takes of her blazer and almost takes off her stockings, but she rejects the men's orders and says that she "doesn't want people she doesn't know to see her naked". This same character gets aroused by the risk of gambling. When she's in the middle of a gamble, or when she's talking about gambling, sometimes she will put her hands between her legs. She sometimes blushes and makes lewd sounds. In season 2, there's a scene where one female character straddles another. She also licks her forehead, but this scene is meant to be romantic rather than sexual. The end credits to this show are quite provocative, but there's no nudity. There's close ups of clothed breasts and rears, and a close up shot of the main character's cleavage. She removes her shirt and blazer and walks in her bra. As she has quite a large bust, this can be seen as lewd. There are brief moments of contact between women, like legs between thighs, hands on clothed breasts and hugging. These scenes are mostly there for fanservice. There is a couple of violent scenes in this show. This part contains spoilers: In one scene, a character is shown impaling her eye with a sharp object. Though the actual procedure isn't shown, the blood dripping onto the floor is - and the character covers her bloody eye with her hand, and the blood is running down her hand and wrist. This happens because another character suggests her to remove her eye to recover from debt. There is another scene where a character takes all of her fingernails into her mouth and pulls, ripping them off. A large trail of blood follows her fingers. This is quite violent but it's meant to add intensity to the scene, and i wouldn't say it's very realistic. For somebody who gets sick by the site of blood, it made me feel a little queasy. I think this is a good anime to watch if you're 14 or over, but I wouldn't watch some episodes of this show in front of parents, especially season 1 episode 4.
1 person found this helpful.

gambling isnt bad

women aren't real so I love how they made it seem realistic

1 person found this helpful.

Kakegurui

Good show. Some gore & sexual content

Good drama/thriller anime about a school where people gamble a little too much.

Just a word before the review. I would not recommend you to start your “anime watching career” with Kakeguri, choose something like Demon Slayer instead. Now for the review. (SPOILERS ALERT) Kakeguri is an excellent, well made drama/thriller anime about a school where your status is based on your gambling skills, if you loose, you become a pet to the opponent that won. The characters are well made, the story is good and unpredictable sometimes. It's not a violent anime, though it contains some infrequent , realistic violence, like a character coughs her eye out with a fountain pen and a character bites off her nails, both scenes are bloody and might be disturbing and hard to watch. There is some sexual content, for example, a character masturbates while holding a revolver to her head and characters get excited and turned on by gambling with high odds. I would say maybe 12-14 is a good age to start watching Kakeguri if you can handle mature themes, like suicidal characters, sexual themes (characters touching themselves, people seen in underwear, masturbation etc.) and infrequent, realistic violence. If not, then maybe 15-16 is a good age to start watching Kakeguri.

Great show but lots of suggestive content

Some scenes show characters masturbating and lots of suggestive shots and lots of moaning. A few violent scenes but definitely not anything too notable. Not ideal for watching in front of parents. Overall it’s a pretty good show, lots of suspense and a perfect amount of predictable surprises.

Great show most people can handle it.

spoiler alert. I love this show watched it all in 2 days great show, some scenes include characters being turned on by gambling. There are a few uses of the d word the h word and one use of the f word. Not very violent but there are 2 scenes I would advise people who are easily disturbed to turn away, one scene there is a character who stabs themself in the eye blood is shown dripping from the pen and hand not to bad though I would say most people can handle it, one other scene a character puts her nails in her mouth and rips them off blood is show and her hand without nails not that bad either other that that there isn’t many bad things I really enjoyed this show.

Fan Service Gallore

The gambling is not the issue about why I'm rating this so high in age. In fact, I do agree, gambling is not that bad. However, I do have issue with characters moaning, getting "turned on," unnecessary fan service moments, a character stabbing their eye and a character ripping out her nails. However, the anime, minus all these details is extremely well done and well written.

It shows the good sides and the bad sides of gambling.