Kid reviews for Kickin' It

So-so comedy offers tweens some worthwhile messages.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJeramiah Swamberg August 21, 2019

I love this show

This is a great show

No matter what anyone tells u
A great show once again

Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2018

I love it

This is one of my favorite shows, and I was really sad when they took it off Netflix. Its pretty funny.

Kid, 11 years old November 4, 2017

I am obsessed with this show

Amazing show that teaches kids that they can be anything if they put their mind to it.

Kid, 12 years old June 17, 2017

Kickin It Kicks Booty!

Kickin It is a hilarious show.The show revolves around a ragtag crew of lovable misfits who welcome a hotshot skateboarder named Jack who will teach them about life, karate, and how to just plain kick it. I would seriously recommend it to any family, it's fresh and will make you laugh. Most of the jokes are potty related and some are just plain corny but that's all part of the fun! Don't bother to watch Season 4 half of the characters are gone! There's some violence but should be taken lightly, like ninjas and bullies. I wouldn't say there are great role models but some of them are responsible like Milton where kids can learn about respect and safety. Jerry is just a goofball. Jack is the main character and Kim is a funny cast character. Rudi is comedy relief. So translation: A extremley good show that should be seen by families with slightly older kids!

Kid, 9 years old June 11, 2017

Nice

Pretty cool with the karate and stuff. If you don't mind shows with laugh tracks watch it when you're eight.
Kid, 8 years old February 28, 2017

Awesome

Kickin' It is Awesome .It is a Show about 5 kids who live in a Dojo but it is changed to 4 then 3

Teen, 13 years old Written byPhilosoraptor July 19, 2016

Great role models, but unrealistic plots and unnecessary violence

The first few seasons were the best, with the full cast and educational values. The 3rd and 4th seasons weren't as good, with 2 good characters removed and the show kind of just going down the tubes. Jack, Kim, and Rudy were the main role models, but with Kim gone, the show's educational and good role models don't show as much. While this show teaches the importance of self defense, it's not great for younger viewers as they will think that punching and kicking is okay when you don't get what you want. While it's great the characters stand up to bullies or villains using karate, your kid might end up doing this to a bully, and ending up in lots of trouble at school. Realistically, if people are being violent towards you, run and call the police. They'll take care of it, and you won't be arrested for physical assault. If you do want to watch this, only watch the first 2 seasons, and perhaps the 3rd, but not the 4th.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygrant12 September 6, 2015

very funny!

i watch this and another show in my spare time. realistic, and action and comedy based. love it

Kid, 6 years old July 8, 2015

kickin it review

it's the coolest show on television! there's cool karate in it.

Kid, 11 years old November 4, 2014

good

It is really funny. But there is one character that is a little bit inappropriate because he talks about girls too much. There is one felafel guy who is from the Middle East and he's really funny because he's very un-culturally smart but that makes it racist.
Kid, 10 years old September 1, 2014

I've Lost Interest

The show was good until the fourth season. Sure, the acting's getting better, but the characters are obviously changing. In my eyes, Jack's just some popular jock, Jerry's evolved into a third wheel, and Milton is getting boring. I think the only good thing about the show is Rudy. I really miss the older episodes. The one with THE WHOLE CAST in it. I don't know, it's just a disappointment now. It used to be rated almost FIVE stars, now it's at THREE. It WAS good.

Teen, 15 years old Written byilikepie367 August 4, 2014

So Bad

It's unrealistic, stupid, and teaches kids that violence is always the answer. Every show ends with a huge fight. Ever heard of talking it out? Plus, no teenager could ever actually beat up 50 ninjas like that, so it makes no sense.
Kid, 10 years old May 4, 2014

Boring

I love disney channel. I hate disney XD. Now on Saturdays they stupidly put Disney XD on Disney channel. So I would just watch it because it was like 8:00 at night and there wasn't rlly anything better on. Then Kickin it came on and I couldn't even understand it, there was this girl who apperently was crazy and tried 2 force guys into marrying people, then everyone else was trying 2 stop her or something by doing karate. I couldn't last 2 minutes without getting bored.
Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2014

Great Show

I Love This Show Only A couple of sexual Stuff like at the end of season 3 Jack and Kim Kiss and Milton and Kim kiss on accident once and there is some violence, but nothing gory language is not an issue
Tweens and up
Kid, 9 years old October 18, 2013

ok i guess...

Well, Kickin' It is a fun and entertaining show that has a moral at the end occasionally.
There is a hidden relationship between characters Jack and Kim, although they usually never show it. There is mild violence, considering that the kids train in a dojo. There is a rivalry between Rudy and Ty, so there is some intensity when ever those two meet.

Teen, 17 years old Written byalex45454353423 September 29, 2013

GOOD BUT IM PISSED OFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like this TV show but they kicked off Eddie BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT HE WASN'T IMPORTANT BUT REALLY HE IS EVERYBODY MISSES HIM AND NOW THEY ARE KICKING OLIVA HOLT OF SO SHE CAN GO TO A DYSIENY CHANNEL SHOW SO ALEX CHRISTAIN JONES (EDDIE)
AND OLIVA HOLT (KIM) SO BASICALLY ITS GOING TO BE OVER FOR KICKIN IT SO I AM DEMANDING THEM TO PUT ALEX CHRISTAIN JONES BACK AND NOT TAKE OF OLIVA HOLT BECAUSE THATS WHY I PUT ONLY 4 STARS AND ALSO THEY DIDNT EVEN MAKE A SPECIAL EPISODE WHEN HE LEAVES SO WHO EVER IS A PRODUCER IS A JERK AND I BET YOU THE WHOLE NATION IS MAD AT YOU.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 16 years old Written byPrincessOso16 September 16, 2013

Great tv show

This is one of my favourite tv shows, however, I won't be watching season 4 after Kim leaves because I don't think the show will be very good anymore. Seasons 1-3 so far are great though. Nothing innapropriate for kids, can be violent but it's a karate show so you have to expect that before you even watch it.

Kid, 11 years old July 28, 2013

About Kickin' it

I think families should know that this show is geared for Tweens. There is some jokes and stuff that younger kids younger than 8 would not understand, but it is still a great show. Their is also a bit of romance, such as flirting and feelings for other people. Their has been one kiss so far, and two almost kisses, but its not bad. Also their is some dating that goes on that maybe only Tweens should watch. But other than that this show has taught me some amazing stuff, like being myself around other people and standing up to bullies.

Kid, 10 years old June 29, 2013

know your kid!!!

This show is a know your kids situation.The language is very moderate (i.e. jerk ,sexy,stupid etc.) Though it is a Martial Arts show(karate) its obviously staged and for play, so violence is nothing of concern.Jack is the main character and is a good roe model , to show kids that just because your friends do something does not mean you have to(peer pressure). So overall its a "know your kid situation".

Teen, 13 years old Written bySamuel M. June 7, 2013

Kickin' It: An entertaining wallop of karate comedy

Kickin' It is a very interesting martial arts sitcom that deals with the virtues of friendship and the costs of betrayal through lovable young protagonists. It's good for a few laughs although each episode culminates in some fast-paced fight sequence.