All parent member reviews for King of the Hill

Adult Written bytimraw August 25, 2011

Good for teens upwards

King of The Hill is mainly an adult show, not due to content but due to the themes being set (largely) from the adults perspective. It does contain some mild swearing and racist terms, but these are outweighed by the context and messages. There are good role models in the show, Hank and Peggy despite their old values do have good solid messages behind them. One episode on sexual education has a lot of sexual language and graphic details.. however this is again justified by the overall message of the show, but not suitable for young children. As said before, ' hon**y' 'cra**er' 'pi**' 's**t' and 'bas**rd' make their way into a good few episodes. Drinks and smoking are a constant theme and in one episode Hank makes his son smoke a carton of cigarettes as a punishment for smoking one. Also Hank and his friends are always drinking and smoking in the alley as they chat.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bymikeisawesome123 February 1, 2011

Great show!!!

Hank is a very outstanding citizen and shows great leadership. He isn't afraid to stand up for himself and always keeps a promise. The other people are iffy. Dale doesn't show much bad citizenship except for the fact that he always smokes. Peggy is a good model. Everyone else could be sometimes bad but mostly good. This show deals with real life problems in your average suburbs and teaches you how deal with it. It is good for everyone to know about these problems and can actually help you. It's a good thing for your kids to be watching because it deals with lifen not fairies, ninjas, ghosts, web show hosts, performing arts rising stars, singing pop stars and etc.
Parent Written bybatmansuperman March 16, 2013

King of the Hill is a more tame adult swim show, in my opinion.

King of the Hill is a good show and has some mild swearing (a**, d**n) and most episodes show the guys loitering and drinking beer.
Parent of a 12, 15, and 16 year old Written bywilliampson July 8, 2009

I have noticed in the end of most episodes, there is a positive message
Parent of a 13 year old Written byIsabella-Marie June 11, 2014

Just a show

It's a good show the adults try to do the right thing. So do the kids and when ever something goes wrong it's always fixed.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byLuisionPinchLopans February 2, 2014

I think it's for 11 year olds and adults too

This show is a very good show it has very good messages at times but sometimes it can have swearing. But it is a good message to kids and adults sure there is drinking beers and other bad things. I think that kids could learn to make friends and have good times even when there could be trouble.
Parent Written bygorillazss August 3, 2013

king of the hill is a good show but my moms bro hates it but it is so cool i think it is funny i also think khan he is not a trooper but funny i also think it is sexy and iffy

i think koth is good but dale gribble nude sexy crappy but good heart smoker though i love it also watch out parents koth may look good but not so much like you think it is cool but ciggarettes dale beer language
Parent Written bydragonofthesouth January 16, 2013

A good show, but NOT for very young kids.

It's a very good show! But does consist of violence and threats such as "I'm gonna kick you a-". The characters all drink beer, and one actually smokes and drinks at the same time. It takes place in Arlen, Texas and has a great storyline. But it's sad to see that this went off the air just to replace that stupid, unfunny "Cleveland show"
Parent Written byBlakeMontgomery July 6, 2012

Old yet Funny.It is Pretty good.Not all tastes.

Parents need to know that the jokes in this long-running favorite often zip past so quickly that kids won't get the deeper statements that lie therein. Life in Texas can be chaotic, and Dale could very well be the "do not try this at home" poster boy. Beer is consumed in every episode, bad habits are obliged, and ignorance and mockery are the norm, but somehow, everyone gets along in the end.
Adult Written byage 10+ October 16, 2011

not very good,fine for 8+

To tell you the truth I don't really like this show. It is not very good. But (despite the tv-14 rating) if your kids want to watch it and they are over the age of 8, it's fine for them.
Parent Written byLATINLUVR September 14, 2011

total awsomeness

i love this cartoon its so true how life is...
Parent of a 1 and 8 year old Written bySteffauri516 July 21, 2011

Old fashioned funny show, but watch out~

I enjoyed this show when I was younger, and some episodes are still alright now. I have an 8 year old daughter and I'd think this show was too iffy for a kid that age; there is nothing too extreme in this show like violence/blood, sex or excessive cursing, but it is there in mild doses. The main character is an upstanding man who tries to always do the right thing and lead a wholesome life, there are a lot of stereotypes evident in the show which is always a negative. Ex: Redneck/ignorant Southerners, Asians with heavy accents and the Texans not knowing that there are any other races of Asians except for Chinese and Japanese, trashy and homely women. Are some examples...There is some drinking in this show, on rare occasions someone will get drunk and in one episode Hank smokes marijuana. I'd rate this show off for any child 10-11 and under.
Adult Written bykingofthehill889 July 11, 2011

Love it!

Drinking + smoking a lot. B*stard and h*ll are used consistantly.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bynutthouse00 May 16, 2011

Perfect for Teens

No matter what, Hank (the father) is does or tries his best to do the right thing at what ever cost. That is something I think teenagers should experience, in contrast to Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin.
Adult Written byMafatu32 January 3, 2011

Good cartoon.

I watched 12 full seasons of this show on Netflix. It helped time go by as I was planning to get AT&T TV Box. Eventually.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byPirate fan February 16, 2010

Pretty good show

Its a pretty good show, you know something to watch. And yes they drink beer so what? I bet you are someone close does too. Anyways the show does the average americans house hold swearing so its nothing new when hank says D***.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Adult Written bydjb952 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byMr. Strong April 9, 2008

WTH?!

Okay, I admit that this show is hillarious, but the dirty jokes about sex are just tooooooooo much!
Adult Written byddue2be April 9, 2008

Its actually really tame.

Its not as wild as it seems actually its not wild at all. Some things are questionable though, very dry humor.