All parent member reviews for Kipper

Parent of a 3 and 3 year old Written byKapuku April 16, 2011

The best toddler show ever

Love love LOVE kipper! It's the absolutely perfect show for young kids. All episodes are positive and upbeat. There are no serious disagreements between characters, no bad attitudes or language like "stupid" or "dumb", and absolutely no physical violence like pushing or hitting. Best of all, the episodes are calm, quiet and relaxed, a godsend when so many toddler shows are loud, busy and overproduced to seemingly encourage attention disorders. My boys worship kipper and I couldn't be happier that it's their favorite show.
Adult Written bygracysmom April 9, 2008

WE LOVE KIPPER!

We all like this one! Kipper is enjoyable for my 2 1/2 yr. old daughter and mom & dad! Kipper is feel good TV! Kipper is caring without being whimpy, and his shows end with a good moral to the story. We like him.
Adult Written byVeromiranda October 27, 2014

The absolute best show out there for kids!

I have done my research and spent hours reviewing shows; all shows for 2 to 4 years olds. So many "educational" shows and the like... I am a teacher, an older Mom of 3 year old twins, someone who considers the influence of whatever they watch on TV to be huge at this young age. I have found about 6 shows that are great, but Kipper remains at the top of my list. Wish there were more shows out there like this one! They love it, but more importantly it's good for them to watch it and that's peace of mind :)
Parent of a 2 year old Written byOlyfoodies August 25, 2010

Great for 3+ but sometimes scary for younger

My almost 2.5 year old occasionally finds it scary. I do like the tone and action level.
Parent of a 3 year old Written bySharon M October 2, 2009

A fun, friendly favorite

My three-year-old son loves Kipper. The gentle story lines resonate with his own experiences of getting along with friends (even when some of them behave mischievously), helping others, and exploring the world. Some of the more imaginative episodes have opened up the opportunity for family discussions on "real" vs. "pretend". (Do magic frogs really live in puddles under rainbows? No--that's silly! Are there pink and purple guys on the moon? Probably not, but I haven't been there, so I don't know for sure. Let's look up what things are like on the moon! Do butterflies really like purple flowers? Well, that's easy to check--let's go into the back yard and watch.)
Parent Written byannam1215 July 4, 2012

Calming Kipper

My almost 3 year old loves this show. I really like that the show is very slow moving and has mostly white background. It is a nice calming effect, I feel my daughter focuses more watching this show than other shows of quick flashy backgrounds.
Parent of a 6, 12, and 13 year old Written byLady Kataana November 6, 2011

KIPPER!!!!

Kipper rocks!!!! We LOVE KIPPER!!!!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byljmommy December 30, 2010

Cute show with fun characters

Not only does my son really like this show, but my spouse and I enjoy it also. It's not a deep show trying hard to impart some moral message, but the characters treat each other respectfully. Also, there is a lot of creative free play the characters are doing, which I just recently read an article that stated kids are not doing that enough these days. Personally we really like the British accents.
Parent of a 4 year old Written bypogostick August 12, 2009

Would you like a dog like Kipper? Sure!

My son ate this show up when he was 2-3 years old. Tricky to find on the tube but have DVDs galore. Gentle and cute show about exploring and having fun. A UK import that still works across the pond.
Parent Written byElliott and Gwen April 28, 2016

Lovely and calm show

Parent Written byMattSkelly May 6, 2012

First show my son liked.

Kipper and his friends are great. Episodes are at a nice, slow pace for kids. I like this show a lot, as well.
Parent of a 2, 5, 7, 9, 9, and 10 year old Written byTabithaWren November 3, 2011

Fun for ages 6mos.+

I am all grown up and I still watch this. I love it. It's so cute, and it's perfect for children, no matter what the age.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byHoliztic May 17, 2011
My son has been screen free until now, he just turned 4. We are very media conservative, but want to teach him that media has a place, just a small one, in a healthy lifestyle. He watched his first 2 little episodes of Kipper today (Umbrella and Seaside) and it was so very gentle. Not fast-paced, not flashy, the topics aren't too mature for him (he can relate!). We loved it. His screen time will still be infrequent, but this show is perfect for the slow transition we are aiming for!
Parent of a 4 year old Written byJo in Seattle April 1, 2011

Very sweet, my daughter watches again and again

Gentle and fun. The episodes are a nice length (8-9 minutes) to have a decent story, but short enough to make a brief video break treat. My daughter really loves these.
Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written byBellTwinMom March 1, 2011

Good for pre-nap

Mellow music, simple messages and no flashy movements. My 2 year olds love the dog and it is great for a pre-nap time wind down.
Parent Written bymcole June 30, 2010
Adult Written by2184 canyon dri... April 9, 2008

my son love kipper

Adult Written bygot2 April 9, 2008

Sooo CUTE!

My girls 28 months old love, love, love Kipper! What a great show for them to watch, it is upbeat, funny and soooo cute!! I only let my girls watch tv for 1 hour of the day (per pediatrician's guidelines) and this show and Dora are the only shows they watch! I wish we could get more "kipper" shows on TV!
Adult Written byfigueroa April 9, 2008

Kipper

Do you like dogs?Than Kipper is the TV show for you!This Tv show is about a spoted dog named Kipper and a young smart pig named Elmer.In one episoad,Kipper does a MAGIC SHOW!!!!!Elmer trys to tell kippers friendshow kipper dose the magic.But Elmer can't talk.This tv show is rated Y for YOUNG.Young people will love Kipper.ME + My 3 year old brother LOVED Kipper