Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Kirby: Right Back at Ya!

Skip the pink fluff for something more substantial.

Adult Written bynduns October 6, 2011

Um... what?

Wait, didn't you guys give this a POSITIVE review before? You can't just change that! As for the show itself, aside from demoting Metaknight to "Kirbydex" status, it's surprisingly good. There are a good number of dark moments but plenty of cute, fun moments as well. It's surprisingly good for a 4kids dub and it even has a good amount of humor for adults without going too far. (They have a subtle reference to Psycho of all things) I especially like the animations as they mix 2D and 3D very well, save for a few moments where the 3D becomes too obvious and gives it more of a cell-shaded feel. Furthermore, how is this show not substantial? There are plenty of life lessons thrown into this, like always clean up your trash, be kind to your environment, don't be cruel to wildlife and others. So yeah, CS, you're way off here. In fact, the only reason this had a positive score before was because of its occasional archaeological lessons. Seriously, you guys are way off.

Educational Value
Adult Written bymememe April 9, 2008

Lighten Up

There's nothing wrong with Kirby. No more violent than any sporting event. And commercial ... have you seen the product placements in every TV show nowadays? As for education, that's what school and parents are for. Can't children watch something simply for entertainment's sake once in a while? The stories are good, the dialog is mild, and the characters are interesting. We can't live with our heads in the sand watching PBS and PTL Club all of the time. Lighten up.
Adult Written byVaati November 24, 2011

English Version VS. Japanese Version

This show is great, educational, entertaining, child friendly, and most of all, perfect. Don't watch the Japanese version for these reasons. The Japanese version has bad voice acting, bad audio quality, and unsynced lipflap. The English version has better audio quality, better voice acting, synced lipflap, and a better audio set up. The English Dub also follows the Original creator Masahiro Sakurai's wish and primary rule of Kirby not aloud to speak where as the Japanese version broke his rule and his desire. This is why the English version is better because it followed Kirby's true peronallity.

Educational Value
Adult Written byNetbug009 April 9, 2008

Decent Fun, but watch the original.

I love Kirby, but even I have to low rate this one. Why? Because it was dubbed into english horribly (just like everything elce 4kids touches.) Watch the original, and you've got a neat show.
Parent Written by20thcenturyfoxfan June 2, 2015

Kirby Right Back at Ya! Is the best (and only good) 4Kids show besides TMNT, Pokèmon, Sonic X, etc. The show has Great characters with professional actors. It follows the copy abilities (The popular use in the Kirby series) and the main characters of the games

Adult Written byMomma2sixmonkeys June 1, 2013

Encourages violence and ignorance.

I haven't watched these videos personally, but my kids have via Youtube. I must say, I am extremely disappointed that my children have chosen to act out these movies. They threaten pretend violence against each other using various weapons. It is not acceptable. Not only this, but they are addicting. Therefore, when I put my foot down and say no more, they throw a fit. No better indication of an addiction than a child throwing a fit when you tell them no.

Adult Written byTommypezmaster June 8, 2009

This Is "The Best Anime" EVEEERRR!!!!!

Don't Take it off the air, it's worth watching. Save Kirby Right Back at Ya!
Parent of a 2, 4, 8, 10, 14, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byparentof7 March 1, 2015

not as good as sonic x but whatever

my 8 year old hates this show but my 10 year old loves it its like pokemon in a way
Adult Written byTrami Nguyen June 2, 2012

Kirby: Right Back at Ya!

Kirby is my favorite video game character.

Adult Written byAl Jackson April 14, 2012

Epic Anime!

I love this anime! Why does it get 1 star?! This anime is REALLY funny!
Adult Written byIvynaJS April 9, 2008
Adult Written byforeverymc April 9, 2008

My son loves this

If they would just stick with the original, I could've rated it TV-G, but since they edited it...
Adult Written byrhiannap May 20, 2015

Kirby: Right Back at Ya! - Great TV Show for Preschoolers through Second Graders

Parents need to know that this cartoon series is based on a popular Nintendo video game character. While he looks cuddly and pink, Kirby is a star warrior-in-training and gets into at least one skirmish per episode. There are scary voices and situations that show the main characters in peril. Young children may be upset by some of the booming, spooky sounds and alarming images of monsters -- preview this one first. Preschoolers through Second Graders will love this show. Why? Because Kirby: Right Back at Ya! is recommended for ages 3 to 8.
Adult Written byJohn_roggers April 9, 2008
Parent Written byMr star D. February 11, 2019

Don’t listen to commen sense media

This is technically a review on the review commen sense media put up. The 1 star rating and the explanation given doesn’t make one HECK of a sense. They really have poor reasoning and don’t have the rights to call it a bad show. So you other parents reading the stuff commen sense media put up, its all LIES. What a shame common sense media, even if this show seems like a failure, commen sense media themselves is more of a failure. How pitiful. What you want to hear is the truth, and the truth is yes, it can be violent, but it’s not as bad as what they say. The humor is perfectly fine for even a 5 year old and is great. You can’t go wrong with this show it does many great things and may be one of the best video game cartoons out there. It is far from perfect, but worth your time.

Adult Written bydedede lover44 October 19, 2018

Common sense has never been more wrong

This show is a cinematic masterpiece. I would say that the action scenes are not scary, and this show is definitely a comedy. King dedede is objectively the single best villain ever created. Although this is a kids show i reccomend to adults too.