Kid reviews for Kyle XY

Kyle XY Poster Image

Wished Series Ended Better

This is a really great show. The main character is just so down to earth and likable. You won't find any show today like it. It's a great series to pick up on a rainy day. Would give it five stars if the series did not end on a cliffhanger.

does kyle dream of good reviews

This was a great show that unfortunately didn't last . kyle sent good messages to teens as he was learning how to be one himself with everything teens go through , for all teens that like mystery.love,and of course drama this is a good show .

Real

I as a teenage kid believe the concept of the tv show Kyle XY is about how families interact with each other more than the mystery of who Kyle is. You may see bad behavoir here and there, but the bad behavoir is followed by punishment. Kyle XY relates to real life families. In the first few episodes Kyle follows the daughter to a party.At the party there is alcohol. Kyle has some not knowing that it's beer and begins throwing up; as a result, Kyle never wants to drink beer again. The party is shut down by a cop that tries to take the daughter in, but when Kyle thinks that the officer is trying to harm her he protects her because she is family to him. The cop backs down and leaves.The daughter doesn't go unpunished for sneaking out and going to a party.This tv show relates to families and problems most commonly dealt with in families.Which are drugs, sex, and alcohol. The sex secens aren't shown, but the parents talk about safe sex to their children.The parents don't want them to have sex,but they know that their children won't listen to them,so they give them the sex talk that all kids have with their parents at one point or another. In the show the son's girlfriend comes over at night to stay with him because she is moving the next day. The father wouldn't normally allow such bad behavoir to happen, but the father knowing how sad the son is to be losing his first girlfriend he makes an exception.The son liked his girlfriend enough to propose to her and not take no for an anwser. She doesn't say no, but she does move. The parents find out after the son sixteenth birthday that he was doing drugs and was punished.The family is like any other minus the fact Kyle was a lab project. The tv show really captures how a real family would act.

a little inappropriate

The plot was interesting, almost addicting. But I personally decided not to watch any more, because the sexual content was inappropriate

LOVE IT!

I wish this show never ended! Its was halfway through the third season and just stopped I think thats cruelty to all of humanity! But I still love it! Ans Matt Dallas is really cute!

It's really great!

Okay, so first off I am in love with this show! The actors are amazing, especially Matt Dallas (plays Kyle), the plot is terrific and never, ever gets boring! It depends on the maturity level of the kid watching it. I watch it with my 10 year old bro and he seemed fine. So it depends on the kid.

Great for teens and tweens accompanied by discussion

Firstly, I want to state that Kyle XY is the greatest TV show I have ever seen. The characters are great and the plot just blows my mind away. This is accompanied by a wonderful script that is alternatly funny and profound. That being said, Kyle XY does have a lot of questionable adult material. A main character tries pot for an episode. Teenagers run around having sex and drinking with almost no repercussions (no one even gets pregnant - that's a first for a TV show!) and no parental punishment save for the occasional non-effective grounding. It is very important that parents impress upon their kids how NOT OKAY that is in real life. My parents have taken what I feel is a good approach towards this kind of thing; I am allowed to watch shows/movies with questionable teen behavior, but after watching, we discuss how I would act in the situations presented. Instead of being awkward, this helps me keep my head out of modern media's teen fantasy. If your kid can handle discussions like this without rolling their eyes or checking their watch (or running to a party in a miniskirt and too much makeup), then absolutly show Kyle XY to them. It has wonderful role models, positive messages about friendship, loyalty, and trust, and a perfect balance of Kyle's personal life with his epic boy-hero saving the world stuff. If your kid seems to emulate the less acceptable parts of the show, you might want to hold off. This is a show for the reasonable, mature, responsible teenager. For adults, watch it. Absolutely. Even if you can't show it to your kid, watch it. It is absolutely amazing. I cannot stress that enough. For girls who actually care about it: Many cute male cast members. Srry just had to throw that in. XD

Iffy for 13+

This is a great show, but it definitely contains some intense sequences, language, and s**ual content.

Interesting

This show is really interesting. Sometimes Kyle is to dramatic and I think he isn't completely connected with the real world. He is super smart, but yet he isn't the greatest with common sense. I still love him though! and Josh and Andy make me so jealous..their so cute together. They make me smile!