Kid reviews for Last Man Standing

Sitcom mixes family-friendly themes with stereotypes.

Kid, 12 years old May 14, 2017

Funny

This series is my favorite. You get a lot of good role models and positive messages.

Teen, 15 years old Written byRadelite October 25, 2014

Hahahah so many laughs from this show.

Hahah great show about how people need to toughen up a bit and get America back to as our allegiance states One Nation under God.

Not always for little kids but has some episode that kids can watch.

Good show but has some things which you should wait till 14 to watch

Teen, 13 years old Written byjustme21 August 12, 2014

Good for mature tweens

The main plot shows good characters and positive role models over all. Characters are shown making mistakes and coping with the consequences in a suitable fashion. I have enjoyed this show since I was eleven, and I think that it is an okay show to watch if you're a MATURE tween. If not, probably wait until high school age.

There are some mentions of beer/alcohol, an underage teen goes to a club with her older sister, and a thirteen year old has three tequila poppers in one episode. Sexual references are frequent (though mostly mild, and would go over children's heads) and one character has a son when she is seventeen, although is able to adequately raise him with the help of her family. The language is also iffy sometimes, several uses of "Son of a b!tch, SOB, damn, hell, crap and suck" as well as some implied swearing with clever noise cover ups in the background.

Overall, this show shows the importance of family with good role models, great morals and isn't something that you should be worried about your teen watching.

Kid, 11 years old October 9, 2011

Great!

Great show... even advertized on Disney Channel

Teen, 14 years old Written byDogcat May 25, 2020

It’s good

It’s good

Teen, 15 years old Written byHells_Bells1010 May 24, 2020

Hilarious

This show will not disappoint you if you wanna life it is so funny! Kyle is a person in the show and he is hilarious! So if you wanna laugh watch this show 8 season all on hulu

Teen, 17 years old Written by11_blue47 April 6, 2020

Practically the only conservative show on TV

This is one of my favourite shows. (I actually have mostly only seen the ABC episodes and only a few of the FOX ones.) I started with Home Improvement but then I watched this and found out I like it even more. The kids are adorable, especially Eve. And it's not TOTALLY conservative. Mike is basically the only conservative and maybe Eve but he is also the main character. It is also very funny.
The only bad thing is most episodes have a little bit of swearing, many have suggestive dialogue much of which young kids wouldn't get, and they talk about boobs occasionally. Any other questionable content has a lesson behind it. If you're okay with that it's a great show, especially for conservative families.

Teen, 13 years old Written byapars27 March 29, 2020
Ok so I love this show. It has very good messages in a way that is easy to understand for younger kids. There are some topics that will go over kids heads but not a lot. Overall it depends on you kid but most likely ages 10 - 11.

Teen, 17 years old Written byTrevorsaurusRex75 March 7, 2020

Funnier than Home Improvement

A very fun Tim Allen sitcom that occasionally involves politics. In fact, the next season (if renewed again by FOX) will most likely cover the next Presidential election. Good watch with the fam. Normally, I would give the show an 11+ or 12+, but the jokes in the current season have been a little more risqué than usual.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAdi Marie January 10, 2020

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

This show is so good! I watch it with my siblings who are 11 and 13 and we think thats its very funny and the family is so amazing they kinda remind me of my family its so good totally recommend. Even though it can be a little interesting it shows a family who love each-other no matter what and they take car of each other the sister are close knit group who love each other and would do anything to help the other they my fight buts thats how all families are and they always makeup. I have a sister so I would know
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheFullReview November 17, 2019

Hilarious! A Must Watch!

I love Last Man Standing! It is a family-night show that we enjoy very much. Unfortunately, if you're a conservative parent, this show is not for you or the little ones. The show has a lot- I mean A LOT- of innuendo. Sex: The eldest daughter was a teenage pregnancy and raises her son with her family. The middle daughter sneaks out with her dad's younger co-worker, gets an apartment for the night, and has sex. The consequences for her actions go on for about four following episodes, so it's not something you can skip. The youngest daughter has a bisexual/lesbian friend. In the later seasons, the housekeeper says some really risque things. Drinking: the wife drinks a lot. The youngest daughter gets drunk at 14, but the action is reprimanded. I can't remember but I think Ryan is/was an alcoholic. Swearing: nothing more than b*tch, h*ll, d*mn, *ss, and other mild curses as well as sexual references like balls (testicles) and such. Messages: eh, could be better. This show isn't something to learn from BUT it is entertaining and HILARIOUS!

Teen, 13 years old Written byTrinity C April 27, 2019

Last Man Standing great show

It is a great show for mature tweens and teens . It has some swearing . It has some funny moments . It has some inapprotie things but it's fine for mature tweens .

Teen, 13 years old Written byJoshua1234567 January 28, 2019

AMAZING sitcom

Very funny show with over all great messages.

Teen, 15 years old Written byChloeeee May 23, 2018

Pretty good for tweens and teens

I wouldn’t watch this if you are a liberal because it is really conservative. Mike loves guns and beer and Trump. And he wants to make America great. Ok ok you get the point he also is the most honest person he says every thing that comes to his mind even though it is hurtful. They do cuss quite a bit on this show so you probaly don’t want little kids to learn to say bad words like arse. Well not arse but I don’t cuss soo. It is a really funny show for parents to watch with their older children.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJoshua V. September 13, 2017

The only good modern Sitcom

I wanted to clarify that this is NOT a racist, homophobic, or whatever junk far-left jerks that hate free speech are saying. My parents and I have watched all 6 seasons and have loved how it is the only show that does not push any sort of agenda. It frequently has 2 sides to a problem and is lighthearted about it. Each one has an outstanding take on a new and creative life lesson. I want anyone reading this to understand that this shows values are under attack, and are not homophobic or racist in any shape or form.

Kid, 11 years old July 15, 2017

Last Man Standing Review

This show is the best and so funny! It shares many political opinions from both democratic and republican sides. Tim Allen makes so many hiliarous jokes that the whole family will laugh at. There is some underage drinking but everyone always learns a good lesson in the end! Great show all around!

Kid, 11 years old May 11, 2017

11+

this is a great family show ,it does have some sexual jokes like with the single daughter with her babyand says"I dont need a man" and the dad replies "you have a baby you needed a man once".It does say things like crap(i am actually aloud to say that and i am 11) and he**,but anyways its a grat show

Teen, 13 years old Written byMimefaceuser20 April 21, 2017

Good for mature pretty teens

So this show is pretty good. It has content similar to Reba, but the story is more like Home Improvement. The comedy is good but can often be cheesy, relating to political standpoint, race, and gender. The oldest daughter had a son at 17 and the family sometimes make references and/or jokes about her situation but all in good intentions and understanding. The father of her child comes back after a couple years but happens to be some sort of anti-religion anti-race liberal king of guy who has a problem with pretty much anything. He often has disputes with the man of the house (Tim Allen) on political and racial views. I want slap him sometimes because he is such a lazy big moron. The actor does a good job at making the guy seem like a jerk and very dislike able. Overall the show is fun and well humored with somewhat good values. The language isn't that bad and the only thing that is sexual is the dialog.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBillybekah April 12, 2017

Great show.

Great show but it does have a lot of inappropriate jokes for younger kids that probably will go over kids heads

Kid, 10 years old March 3, 2017

PLEASE WATCH

I love this beautiful comedy! Every day I come home from school I watch this then I do my homework then I watch it until it's time to eat dinner.I think it's so cool that they have Tim Allen be the main character. He totally fits the script. I love all the daughters I just wish they didn't change Kristen's actress. I think this should be for ages 12+ because I sometimes think that I'm not ready for this kind of sexuality but that's not very often. There is also a little bit of swearing.