All parent member reviews for Law & Order: Criminal Intent

Adult Written byUltimateMom April 9, 2008
Educator and Parent Written byJared Galczynski May 8, 2014

Law & Order: AY MAYRA.

AY, MAYRA. This is one of the best crime dramas I will ever see in my ENTIRE LIFE. I love this and Mixology right around the same. It kind of digs deep into the minds of killers, but that's okay, at least for 14 year olds. (Oh, the "AY, MAYRA" business is from my nun friend, Sr. Alejandra.)
Parent Written byMr. Mario August 17, 2012

Criminal Intent is only for mature 11 and 12 year olds. Otherwise 13 and up.

Criminal Intent is the second most mature Law and Order show in the franchise. If you have truly mature 11 and 12 year olds then this one isn't that bad.
Adult Written byIlovekrill February 23, 2012

Often Dark, But Worth Watching For Robert Goren Alone.

This is one of the finest detective dramas on TV; it focuses on the crimes and motivations of the killers behind each episode's murders. The opening scene generally features the preamble to, and often depiction of, the actual murder (unlike the original Law & Order, which commences with the victim's body being discovered); this can make for a very intense and unsettling experience for the less mature viewer. A lot of the violence is implied rather than explicit, but nonetheless the show's production values lend it a very deep psychological element that, once again, may be more than a younger viewer may find comfortable. I think that smart teens will have little difficulty with this show, providing suitable adult input and feedback is available. As with all L&O series, there is a strong ensemble cast who provide the lynchpin to the formula and I believe that these central characters provide a generally positive social and moral element that most young viewers can either identify with or aspire towards. Most positively, the killers are (almost) always trapped and revealed by the detectives - sending a strong message of right vs wrong - and Det. Robert Goren's character specializes in psychologically undermining the criminal. The result of this is to demonstrate the power of intelligent, disciplined thought and observation; character strengths which all of us can benefit greatly from in life. Det. Alex Eames counters this with warmth, humanity and a strong sense of justice. Despite the dark territory that this show frequently enters, I would recommend this show for teens as an excellent example of a very strong central character portrayed by a gifted actor in Vincent D'onofrio's Detective Robert Goren, who is easily the most compelling character in any TV drama of recent years - he is fiercely intelligent, driven and intense, yet can also be disarmingly playful in his various strategies to get under the criminal's skin. He absolutely makes this show! A hugely rewarding experience for the more grown-up teenage viewer or adult!
Adult Written byJoe B. April 9, 2008

Really, Really BAD

My wife & I have been avid fans, but the story line tonight sucks! Please find someone with a little originality to write for the show. Pretty bad when one knows instantly where the idea for the show originates. Time to switch channels & now we khow why this is considered for cancellation or is this a way to help flush a once really good show down the toilet?
Adult Written bysoymissk8 April 9, 2008

Now that it's on USA...

It's getting bolder. Be aware!