All parent member reviews for Lilo & Stitch: The Series

Parent of an infant and 7 year old Written bySteffauri516 September 3, 2010

My 7 year old daughter Alina used to love this show when it was on the Disney channel (not sure what happened to it...) Overall, this is almost a truly perfect children's show--colorfully animated, fun, humorous and promotes tight friendships, trust, good family values and believing in yourself. However, the one issue I have is the language, don't get me wrong, there's no swearing or outright offensive language, but one of the characters, Myrtle Edmunds is frequently shown in the program bullying Lilo, calling her names like "freak" and "wierdlo" and in one episode publicly excludes Lilo from coming to her birthday party in front of their classmates. There is also some minor cartoon violence where Stitch and Lilo fight off Gantu and other villians, whose weapons somewhat resemble guns, but there is no blood and gore. Overall we love this show and its on for kids ages 6 and older.
Adult Written byMidnightCresent June 22, 2010

Truely it was the Theme Song that kept me watching..

I always got excited when the show was on, I danced to the theme song too. It was great, but had some flaws. Such as: Lilo gets a little snappy and a bit of a control freak, but you can still see her goodside. The show could have been better and some episodes I find a bit boring. Overall it isnt too bad. I still wish it was still on, just with approvments. And I know they can make the animation better, the companys got like gazillion dollars, surely they can do better.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byrockinmom73 June 4, 2010

Not as good as the movie, some concerns

I agree with reviewgirl13 and Forknose. Reviewgirl is right on about Lilo being rude. That is my main complaint with this show, and I actually stopped letting my kids watch it because of that. Lilo is very disrespectful to her sister and IMHO extremely defiant. Some may call this independence or spunkiness, but I call it attitude. I don't want my kids to mimic her behavior or get the idea that acting like that is OK, as she doesn't always get punished for this behavior. I also think her sister is mean to her. I really don't care for their relationship and wish there were some better role models and authority figures on this show. Forknose hit the nail on the head when he/she said the show isn't as good as the movie. I'm disappointed overall in the show, although it does have some good messages like "it's OK to be different" and exploring diversity. I do see the teaching that revenge can backfire, too, which is a good lesson. It might also get kids interested in science with all the experiments going on. I like all the mutant characters; it's the humans in this show that I don't like.
Adult Written byzanimum April 9, 2008

Tons of Fun - Lilo and Stitch: The Series

Adult Written byheather@dagen.net April 9, 2008

Enjoyable, family program - but watch out for young viewers

My 4-year old absolutely loves this program and my husband and I find humor in it as well. However, we have had a few issues to deal with as far as things that are said (i.e. "you big dummy") and Lilo's interaction with other kids. Also, it is on during the afternoon programming so she sees commercials for Kim Possible and other Disney shows that I won't let her watch because they are definitely inappropriate in my opinion for a 4-year old. On the positive side, we have used things like this as a learning tool and Lilo & Stitch has promoted huge amounts of creativity and play-acting. She also has memorized the experiments and can tell anyone about them "reading" the poster that came with the Stitch DVD. Although we won't stop her from watching Lilo & Stitch, I would try to hold off if your little one hasn't been exposed to the series yet.
Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

We all fell off

The movie was great, the show didn't hit par.
Parent of a 7, 12, and 13 year old Written byMimi9496 April 9, 2008

Love Stitch!

This is a great show. Stitch is an adorable character, and it is action packed without being scary.
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

More intense than the original film, and overall a pretty bad show

Sexual Content (Not an Issue): Lilo develops a crush on a boy, but it's all quite innocent. Violence (Pause): Lots of peril and cartoony action. Language (Not an Issue): None. Social Behavior (On): Lilo reaches out to "bad" creatures and finds a home for almost each and every one of them, demonstrating tolerance and how everybody can do something useful. Myrtle and her friends are constantly rude to Lilo. Racially diverse cartoon cast includes Hawaiians, Asians, Caucasians, and African Americans. Commercialism (Not an Issue): None. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Not an Issue): None.