Parent reviews for Little Bill

Little Bill knows a whole lot about love & laughs.

Adult Written byMichelle S. October 1, 2017

Based on Bill Cosby-- he is no role model for kids

We were so excited to find Little Bill years ago-- it is not as easy to find kids shows with children of color as the main character. However, once Bill Cosby's criminal activity became public, I did not want to keep supporting his show. Role models matter, and his violent past is not the kind of thing I want my kids to see normalized.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

umm......

I don't think children under 5 or 6 can understand this show so I give this TV-Y7
Adult Written byBethany R. March 4, 2018

Great classic show for kids!

Parent of a 7 and 9-year-old Written byMrs. C. B. August 12, 2017

Great Messages

fun and safe drama. Love the healthy family messages.

Parent of a 5-year-old Written byArya P. April 10, 2017

Positive, warm, gentle TV

We love Little Bill! This is one of the ONLY cartoons available for young children with positive roles of black family (other than the Cosby Show), but is wonderful for any child to watch. They explain social/moral messages each show, and the focus on family is lovely. I find myself borrowing some parenting tips from Alice the Great too!

Adult Written bychristian-witness June 28, 2012

good

A very nice show with a nice family atmosphere

Parent of a 2 and 9-year-old Written byKidsAndMommy September 1, 2011

rancid

Parent of a 3-year-old Written byLyrica January 22, 2011

Great for preschoolers

I love this show. It is positive. It's multicultural and relevant. It deals with every day situations that preschoolers have to deal with at their age. I especially like the way they handle helping preschoolers see how they can handle their many emotions during play time with others, with siblings, getting a pet etc.

Parent of a 6-year-old Written byLJS1982 November 10, 2009

Good

A good show for the little ones

Educational Value
Parent of a 17-year-old Written bylove2 October 7, 2009

a good show..for little kids

2 year olds wont have intrest in the show but kids 3-6 definetly will. little bill is a fun positive message filled show. for kids entering grades pre-1

Adult Written byKaren1969 July 20, 2009

Racist? Nah. Less annoying than Caillou? DEFINETLY.

I wish the reviewer who said that this show was "racist" would explain why....what's the point of expressing your view if you don't elaborate so people can see where you're coming from? I sure can't-I've never thought of this show as racist. The characters being black really isn't even the main subject of the program-they just are. The only objection I have to Little Bill is the occasional cute but erroneous imformation provided about various subjects, i.e. Little Bill saying that baby rabbits grow inside the mother rabbit's stomach (presumably until they are ready to be born)-I had to clear that up for my daughter, who is just starting to wonder about the facts of life. Other than that-we don't watch this often, but when we do, I have no objection to it-I consider it more entertainment than educational, but inoffensive and soothing. I'm not sure it would be of much interest to a kid younger than three or four, though. And also-it isn't Caillou, which is enough to warrant at least a four star rating as far as I'm concerned!
Parent of a 1-year-old Written bythecraftaholic December 16, 2008

mixed feelings

Little bill is an annoying spoiled brat who is way too stubborn for his own good.
my daughter likes it a little. but i can't stand it! He's a brat and he's stubborn!
Adult Written bybworley115 April 9, 2008

Perfect

Little Bill is full of different cultures which I think is great for kids of all ages.
Adult Written byanf143637 April 9, 2008

i love this show as much as my 4 year old does

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008
Adult Written bybeingvenus April 9, 2008

I love this show and so does my 4y/o

This is such a fresh and adorable show. The soundtrack is really, really cool (a constant jazz riff,) and the charcters are all gentle, lovely, polite people. Little Bill's life situations are realistic, the sense of community in his neighborhood is incredible, the animation is lovely, and there isn't a hint of commercialism in it. I love that the children and adults are so incredibly respectful and polite to one another and how all conflicts in the show are handled diplomatically. Little Bill, the main character, is also a charming and gentle character with a very inquisitive view of the world that will engage the younger viewers.
Adult Written bySSburk April 9, 2008

Little Cutie!

My daughter has learned more from this show about behavior and how it effects others more than any other. She keeps what she learns and uses it a lot. One episode was to say SO when someone calls you names or bullies you and she uses it a lot! I like the fact the family is black because there are so few african-americans where we live and they show other races also all being together. She needs that and I'm glad she is getting it.