All parent member reviews for Liv and Maddie

Parent Written bysaltylady October 29, 2013

more stereotypes and ditzy girl stuff

Why am I not surprised that Disney (or is it Nick? who knows) made yet another show that glorifies ditzy teen girl behavior and teaches kids that being anything other than pretty and popular is bad news. The show is about twin girls, one is an actress, wears makeup and girly clothes, and the other is a more normal teen girl who actually cares about school, wears glasses, plays basketball. Your daughter is supposed to like the second one, but you know she's going to think the actress is the cool one. The normal twin has a best friend who is less attractive and slightly heavy. A heavy set minority best friend is part of all these shows. Every third joke is about how this best friend isn't properly feminine, and how she has a crush on the twins' brother, who of course will never like her because she's not cute. What a disgusting message for little girls. The only good thing I can say is at least they have parents and don't live in some teen band boarding school.
Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright January 17, 2014

I should have reviewed this months ago

I saw the first episode on August 11, and fell in love with this show. It's adorable. The only reason I didn't rate this 5/5 is because of the Christmas episode. It had a good plot but I didn't like the subplot where Joey got peed on by a bunch of kids. I decided to review this now because hey, better late than never. Also, today is when Cloud 9 airs and I want to see it. Also, I'm proud of Disney lately. They aired The Rescuers on Disney Jr. November 30, then The Little Mermaid on December 22, then Peter Pan on December 24, then Dumbo on December 28, and best of all, The Fox and the Hound (my favorite film ever along with the original Charlotte's Web) on December 29. Today they aired Lilo & Stitch. I forgot how much I like Lilo & Stitch. I should have reviewed it December 26, 2012 when I reviewed my other favorites. I'm not sure WHY this show got only 3/5 when The Haunted Hathaways got 4/5 (it deserves 0 in my opinion.) My favorite character is Liv because she's adorable. But I also like Maddie. Over all, I give this show an 8.75. I also gave Gordy a 7.75 but then changed it to 10 because I saw how bad The Haunted Hathaways was. UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 9: Yesterday they reaired The Fox and the Hound and tonight they're reairing The Rescuers. So for that I'm changing the rating to 5/5.
Parent Written byangelp1 March 16, 2015

Upbeat

This is one of the better shows, and my favorite show so far is the episode where all of the boys are rating the girls and Maddie comes up with the song "I'll show you what a girl is" I have a 7 year old daughter and I thought that was a very positive message, also, Liv received an acting role, where she was playing a typically male character. In another episode, Liv who comes across as another dumb blonde, proves she has brains when she enters a science contest. Then there is Maddie who plays basketball. The only thing that confuses me is they did a behind the scenes look and we learn that they use 3 girls to play this set of twins, wouldn't it make more sense to have hired twins? That being said Dove Cameron is a great little actress, and I really like this show.