All teen and kid member reviews for Liv and Maddie

Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

great show

this is a great and funny show that i think is ok for kids to watch it
Teen, 13 years old Written bylizbiz_13 November 24, 2013

ehhhh

This is okay, I guess. I don't it regularly. I like it because it promotes girls basketball (yes, I'm a basketball player/fan). Liv is REALLY annoying though.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypuppylover12 November 27, 2013

Brainless

Like all of the new shows, it makes it seem like acting stupid is cute, that you can get guys by wearing short dress, etc. I would defiantly not let your kid watch this.
Kid, 11 years old September 28, 2013

Love It!

Liv and Maddie is now one of my favorite shows! It's inspired me so much. They are great role models and give good messages. Definitely good for kids and teens of all ages. It's great, 2 thumbs up.
Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2013

Watch on the Disney channel app

I really like this show! You can watch it before September 15th on the Disney channel app! I was wanting to watch this for a long time! It's very funny but one party there is kissing and yeah I really enjoyed it!
Kid, 0 years old August 8, 2014

Not realistic

This show is very fake. I will start with saying this how do the parents have dark hair Liv and Maddie are the only blondes in their famliy their brothers have dark hair also. Their famliy looks nothing like each other the dad is so ugly I hate to look at him. I only watch the show cause there is nothing else on. On Disneychannel.com when they describe Liv they put her as nice WHAT NICE. She talks about her own brother Joey saying he isn't good when he tries talking to girls what if he is nervous when he talks to them gosh Liv. People say she is so good looking she don't even look that good people act like there is no one that looks better than her she ugly into opinion. When Maddie and her friend Willow were play soft ball she said she love Joey Maddie acted so surprised knowing Willow like that boy and Joey her brother and she was like you like Joey like it's bad for Willow to like him. Why would you kill your own brothers chances at love. Joey got one girl to like him but then they never brought up that girl again so did they date? They overact their parts. They try to hard to be funny and play the laugh track a lot and nothing funny ever happened in that show. And Maddie got accepted into the Olympics and is supposed to be gone for like 18 months I bet she gonna end up not going the same thing Disney always does these shows are so predictable. Rant over.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymalikthewisdomteen1 December 15, 2013

Good Show

I LOVE LIV AND MADDIE!!! I think it's a pretty cool show. And for a person that don't like disney channel to much, this show is pretty good. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byilikepie367 January 5, 2014

Bad Role Models

There's nothing inappropriate in it, but the role models are disappointing and typical: a Hollywood star who encourages her twin sister to dress up more and flirt more, and two immature brothers, one who flirts a lot but will not consider dating a girl who has a huge crush on him because she's slightly husky, and another who plays pranks on everyone. I was disappointed in the characters. Not to mention it's a total rip-off of Zack and Cody, except Sack and Cody was good... I mean Maddie: Smart who dresses casual just like Maddie from Zack and Cody (same name?) and Liv: London, very fancy/famous, and Joey: Cody (geek) and Parker: Zack (troublemaker.) It's like London and Maddie are the twins and Zack and Cody the younger brothers.
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2014

Offensive, Unoriginal Rubbish!!!!

This show is completely unoriginal (what is the point?!) and is totally offensive to real twins. NO, twins cannot feel what the other feels, and NO, twins cannot trade places whenever they want! If you want your kids to ever respect twins as normal human beings, ban this programme!
Teen, 15 years old Written byBlouch August 14, 2014

Copycat

If your child is also going to read this, I suggest not since this will have some mature language. So this is just my opinion, I'm not trying to tell others not to watch this show, so now let's get onto my review. This show is pretty much a Zack and Cody copycat, I mean liv and maddie is pretty much the same person doing both parts instead zack and Cody are actual twins, they could just get actual twins in the show. Also it just another type of good luck Charlie or Shake it up, I mean most disney shows are just recycling the same ideas over and over again, even the movies do the same thing, like right away after about the first 10 minute of the movie, I can already guess what the movie will be about, so this is my verdict: Disney copycat out of actual twins and better story ( 2/5 )
Teen, 16 years old Written byChrisgirl64 June 21, 2014

Disney needs better quality shows

Disney really had my opinion of being able to make great quality and funny shows. This show, however, was a big disappointment. I have not seen in my time of watching television a show with such horrid acting as this one has. The parents are too childish, as if they are trying to be the children. The show also makes it seem clear that if you dress pretty and are popular, you are gonna be liked more. Disney needs to stop ending the good shows and bringing these noticeably cheap cost expensive shows.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMorganmorgan12345 July 15, 2014

Very disappointing

Just like almost every other Disney show, it is just plain ridiculous! I mean really, what kid of person can watch this trash? I don't understand how you can find it funny. Liv is just annoying and the little brother is irritating and stupid. This is not in any way educating and the show is just a waste if time! Just like dog with a blog, I didn't do it, etc. where are the good shows?? I remember Zach and Cody. That was actually a good and funny show to watch. But now a days Disney is worse and worse.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKidReviews April 7, 2014

Meh...

This show isn't bad. Kinda boring sometimes. It's a Zach and Cody ripoff though. But, it would get a lot better reviews if it didn't come right after Good Luck Charlie, and everyone had too high of hopes for it.
Kid, 9 years old May 31, 2014

Great Role Models

I like Liv And Maddie . Its cool that Dove Cameron plays two people at the same time . People think its iffy but I really like it . They have great role models like Maddie she's not too girly she's just being herself.
Kid, 9 years old February 9, 2014

hold on a sec

really amaze show. family explains to liv popularity does NOT matter.
Teen, 15 years old Written byXSoulbound January 21, 2016

Offensive

I find this show incredibly offensive and sexist, and no, not to girls. The problem I have with this show is one I have with a lot of "girl power" stuff. It's a good thing that things like this want to build up women in society, but for some reason people can't seem do that without making boys look like crap. Every male character is either a self centered jerk, a nerdy wimp, or both. The girls are complete monsters to them and still, of course, the girls always come out on top. This show needs to end already.
Teen, 13 years old Written by5sosgurl7 December 10, 2014

Great show, very well done!

There are positive role models and great messages although the parents can be a little bit out going they still have good advice to give to liv and maddie.
Kid, 10 years old August 21, 2014

Decent

This show is an okay show. I don't like the songs Dove sings, and I hate how Disney is TRYING to connect with kids. But it's a kids' show for goodness sake. You can see Parker has a phone, which really isn't appropriate.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWhathecatisgoingon July 21, 2014

Cliche and overused characters.

At first when I saw Live and Maddie I thought, "Well that's cute." But now after seeing a couple other episodes I start to realize that the characters aren't strong at all. Good job Disney Channel you lost my faith in TV shows from you completely, I think I'll just stick to your movies for now. Of course you'll have the 2 brainless parents who are oblivious to most things the kids do, even if they move the fridge up to there room. There's the stupid eldest male teen and the youngest diabolical (also) male preeteen, who get shined out by there middle siblings, 2 overly cliche twin sisters. One's your average tom-girl, and the other ones your obvious diva. You've made me cringe with Liv's ignorance, idiocy and sassiness. Not only that but you make her famous, and one of the main characters. Because we totally want more controversial people like that. So then you make Maddie, your basketball playing, smart, and down to earth kind of girl to control your shining one. Good job Disney Channel, you've lost me for good to scrolling on tumblr pointing out cliche things like this to others. Thank you, it's a lot less painful.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTVWatcher June 24, 2015

The show has its ups and downs...

I thought that Season 1 of this show was promising; it was a show that focused on a somewhat normal family in the first few episodes. Sure, Liv was a famous actress but she gave up on that (as she stated in the first episode) to live a normal life and I thought that that would be the end of her fame. Unfortunately, I was very much mistaken as she stars in movies, TV shows, adverts whilst also focusing on her music career. The show does have some good messages, however. There is an episode where the boys at school rate girls based on their looks. The girls take a stand against this and show them that they can't and won't be defined by boys' opinions of how they look. This was definitely a great message to send across. I really don't like Liv's character at all anymore. She was bearable in Season 1 but ever since then her voice has gotten even more annoyingly high pitched than before and she has become even more ditzy. I don't understand why the writers of children's TV shows think that it's absolutely necessary to have ditzy or idiotic main characters. I think what Disney Channel needs is more shows that children can actually relate to. Shows with normal children/teenagers who aren't famous.