Find the best for your family

See what's streaming, limit strong violence or language, and find picks your kids will love with Common Sense Media Plus.

Join now

Parent reviews for Locke & Key

Suspense abounds in creepy graphic novel adaptation.

Adult Written byMrsW17 February 13, 2020

Yuck. Watch out!

I’m 2 episodes in and definitely think this needs to be filtered through VidAngel before watching. It’s amazing how far these “ratings” will push the line. There may be no nudity but there’s a few scenes with half naked women on top of men. My understanding was that tv14 meant this would be for kids and parents to be watching with them in case it would be a little spooky.

Adult Written byAngela West February 15, 2020

Love it

My son and I enjoy this show. He loves scary. I hate scary. We both enjoy it. There are parts that involve teen issues, but I look at it more like an opportunity for discussion.
Adult Written byDoddy1975 February 13, 2020

Magical drama

It is at it's core a show about magic keys. But there are themes of loss, fear and bullying. Can be scary for younger kids
Adult Written byRichard richardson February 27, 2020

Adult Written byAptlyNamed February 25, 2020

An decently executed show for teens and adults, really confusing tone

So before introducing this to my 5 and 10 year old daughters, I researched and found various articles in which the show was described as "family friendly" but in the same vein as "Stranger Things".

So we watched an episode and a half (I think), and I was really baffled by the tone, which felt like a spooky Disney/Nick show but with profanity. I was confused what age demo the target audience is.

When we got to a woman in bed with a guy and she tells him to choke her, I had to turn it off. I guess everyone has a different idea of what is considered "family friendly" but for me, a girl telling a guy to choke her immediately disqualifies the show from that category.

Again, the tone is just strange.

Adult Written byreveweroof February 18, 2020

its good

i like it i babysit a 7 year old i was watching the 1st episode when he got at my house so i let him watch it and now when he comes over i let him watch it but if your kid is sensitive to gore or deaths not for kids but alot of swearing

Parent of a 11-year-old Written byZemmy February 17, 2020

Its meant for teens

Meant for teens but sometimes it’s immature and other times a bit too sexy or dark . Im confused by who this show is for. As an adult i wont be watching the second season. Should have taken out some of the darker and sexier scenes and left it for tweens. Dumb plot .