Kid reviews for Lost in Space

Lost in Space Poster Image

one of my favorite shows that depicts the importance of family

This is one of my favorite shows because it displays the importance of family and trust. Some of the episodes are creepy but the overall show has a very unpredictable plot. It's great to watch as a family !!

1 person found this helpful.

One of my absolute favourite shows

Lost in Space is underrated. It has everything a show needs, great scenery, suspense, drama and action. It is unlike any sci-fi show I have seen before. It has a satisfying ending too. The only thing I wish it had was more seasons! Parents can keep in mind that is does get quite suspenseful. There is a little violence and a few characters die over the seasons but it is NOT gory. The characters all stand out for their unique traits. There are also strong female role models. There were messages of never giving up. And characters grow into better people.

It’s definitely not an amazing show…

Lost in space seriously just seems like a poorly written Star Wars rip-off. This may just be my opinion but I feel like so much more could’ve been done with this series but instead it lacks so much. First of all, there’s an insane amount of plot holes. For example, in episode eight (or seven) of season one it shows the mechanic guy finding a case of stuff from the real doctor smith (you need to watch the show to understand) on his ship. What confused me is how the case even got there in the first place. The fake doctor smith was only seen to carry an access card for the ship, not a whole case. And the real doctor never made it on the ship anyway. And there is an obvious plot hole. Of course there’s many more but I’m not going to brush over them right now. Next, Lost In Space has really REALLY bad writing. I feel like they try to cover it up with special effects and “cool” scenes but it just doesn’t work. In some episodes it shows Judy Robinson flash backing to when she was stuck in ice from the first episode. Every flash back made me question why I was watching it. They go too long and the scene they picked is…questionable. Also, whenever the Robinsons are in a situation where someone’s about to die and they need to be quick to save them (like the ice episode) they have the slowest conversations ever and usually only one person ever pitches in (very slowly too) to help until the very end. It makes me think that the people don’t care about who’s in danger. I’m not going to explain every further, but if you watched Lost in Space then you’d probably get what I’m talking about. I wouldn’t recommend this show to you (or to anyone) if you’re sensitive of needles, getting cut with knives, etc. They literally have a full scene where the fake doctor cuts someone’s hand open, and there’s a bunch of other unnecessary shots where stuff like that happens. I seriously had to look away from the screen at those times because I hated them so much. (If you’re not sensitive to that stuff then go ahead and watch it.) Lastly, this whole review is just my opinion and I’m not trying to hurt anyone. I feel like Lost in Space would appeal to younger audiences more because they don’t really care about bad writing or plot holes. The special effects are pretty good, but that’s really the best I can say for this show. Sorry Lost in Space fans.

Good for family to watch - great show!

This show was great fun for our family to watch. My mum was specifically engrossed in the show. It has violence present, but not much more than you would expect from the average superhero. Swearing is rare throughout the show. However, if you're looking for something to just relax to, this is not that show. There is a crisis basically every episode, and the characters are in peril literally all the time. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it, and I think it's a good show!

Great family friendly show

This is a really good family friendly show! It is a great movie to watch with family as long as they are not extremely young. Plot and storytelling is quite good. The message of family is quite good as all the family show love for each other most of the time. However there is some violence and scares that won’t be suitable for a quite young audience.

Love it

My family and I have been watching this and we love it!

This is the best show ever

I think this a pretty family friendly show. I personally loved it and it was very high quality

BEST SHOW EVER

This show is my favorite show. My sister says it’s boring which is an understatement. It’s an amazing show with some violence and language but that’s all. There’s no f***s but there is some of the other cuss words. By watching this show it would be a great introduction into teach your kids about words we shouldn’t say.

I completely reccomend this!

Loved this show. Seasons one and two are suspenseful, with some fun thrown in there. Will, Penny and Judie are kind and brave characters, as are the parents. It's great suspense with Doctor Smith as well, and Don is funny. I found these first two seasons very exciting. Then season three came out. I had been watching this with my dad, and we were both very excited for this third and final season. Well, it wasn't great. The Robinsins did things they knew were wrong, yet did them anyways. The last two episodes were crammed into a final ending that I nor my dad completely approved of. And something just seemed off. I never saw the original film that came out sometime in the 1960s (I think?). I did love this series though and I reccomend it. There is some violence and I wouldn't reccomend to anyone under 9 or 10.

Amazing

Its quality is astronomical and the acting is top notch i could think of anyone better to play these characters (especially will and maxwell jenkins)