Teen, 16 years old Written byanonmouse November 12, 2010
One of my favorite shows. I say It's fine for anyone above 10 or so with family and 12 and up should be fine watching alone. Just not the 6th season because it was terrible ;)
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2011

Anyone who is mature can watch.

OK I'm not interested in it like my sister. For sex, people do have sex. And "Shannon" was in a bikini laying on a towel, and she removed her bikini top. The girls dress inappropriately sometimes too. Language, b-tch, d-mn, h-ll, d-mmit. Violence, blood, people die, but its not like real violence people! People fight a lot for negative messages. And "Charlie" was influenced badly by his brother to take drugs.
Teen, 16 years old Written byWebCriticGirl76 January 5, 2011

BEST TV SHOW IN THE ENTIRE USA

It had some inappropriate content, but all I can say is: BEST FRIKIN TV SHOW EVER!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byKScottA June 3, 2010

Best TV Show Ever?

Never before has a show developed characters like Lost. Never has a show with such intriguing mythology come to television. Never before have we cared about the lives of characters like we do in Lost. The majority of Lost fans cried at the end of season 3 when our favorite drug addict bit the dust. The ending was, of course, very controversial. It provided incredible closure to the series and characters, but left many big questions unanswered. To me, the ending was everything it was supposed to be. It did not answer every question, but I would take closure over questions any day. Best Show Ever? In my opinion, yes.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhannerz100 February 11, 2010

Perfect for 9 and up

This show is my favorite show. There will never be another show so amazing as Lost. There is a lot of violence(well, more gore than really violence), and the role models aren't exactly the people you would want your kids to become. But the show is extremely good, the plot pulls you in deeper and deeper every episode. If your kid is under 9, you might want to have them out of the room while you watch it, because there is scary things in it. But if your kid is over that or is mature enough to watch it, go ahead.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylostfan18 September 17, 2009

everything covered

this litterally is my favorite show . it has everything that a good show needs. i started watching when i was 10 so i think that it is age appropiate for that age. the part of it about drugs in the show is only in the first season mostly , and it is a good message. i know it sounds weird but it is true . its bout a rock star who c rashes with them, but he is addicted...however he meets a nice girl a good freind and a old faithful guy who helps him quit. its not supporting drugs its against it, and it doesnt show anything about it. the violence is only major in a few episodes buyt it is not with alot of blood.the only sex related part in the whole series that i thought was bad was in 1 episode in the 3rd season, and even that does not show much...its mainly focused on how jack ( a main charactor) reacts to watching it on a surrvailence camera. so watch the show with your kids to, nothing is too bad. i mainly covered everything..but why i said over 10 is because the show is confusing and kids should be old anough to follow the story otherwise they wont like the show.
Teen, 15 years old Written byWayward Girl September 1, 2012

LOST is the best TV show IN THE WORLD!!

I LOVE THIS SHOW! I have lines memorized, books about the show in my room, and I have seen all 6 seasons 4 times. It is that good! Lost is an addicting drama about a plane that crashes on an island and the effects this crash has on the passengers. I don't understand why CommonSense's review states that there are no positive messages. The characters are definitively not perfect role models, but is any role model completely perfect? The whole show surrounds principles like forgiving and forgetting. So there are definitely good messages. I will admit there isn't a lot of characters who are good role models and the reasons why are listed below as I get to the other categories. There is violence; many fist fights, shootings, and stabbings.Lots of blood is shown, but not to the point it's gory. There are also other disturbing images, such as beloved characters drowning, explosions, and a "smoke monster" which might scare younger kids. As far as sex goes, characters get in bed all the time. My family still skips past these scenes even though the youngest of us is 12. Nothing is explicit, but we still don't think they are appropriate. Swearing includes frequent (meaning every episode) uses of S.O.B, heck, dang, sucks, etc. One character is addicted very seriously to heroin, and but characters do drink in flashbacks quite often. All in all, this is a very intriguing and entertaining show, with lots of action, romance, and humor. I would recommend it to any family really, as long as they have adult supervision behind the remote.
Kid, 11 years old November 13, 2008

dumb as could be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now come on people!!! this is the worst thing in the world!!!! is was the most borring thing ever!!!!! i hate this show!! all tho i did meet the guy who plays jack. i still think the show sucks. the actors are good but it is the story line!!! it never fully explains every thing or it does not explain it at all!!! dont bother watching this show! two thumbs down!!
Kid, 12 years old June 29, 2014

Amazing Show!

This show is one of my favorite, but It may get a little graphic for younger tweens. The show contains lots of blood and gore that could potentially scare younger tweens and children. If your son/daughter is a mature young adult 12 and up is a great place to start watching this fabulous show!
Teen, 15 years old Written byhumanoftheyear February 21, 2011

BEST EVER FOR YOUNG ADULTS TO ADULTS

I love lost it is the best teen/ adult series out there and perfect for any night be careful though once you watch one you will never want to stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byravvie April 9, 2008

You call this drama?!?!

Again, another stupid television show that's got the lamest plots and tries so hard to be "sophiscated" when it fails miserably. It doesn't make sense to me why people watch this, but oh well, it's your braincells you're wasting. Better shows to waste time with: Life On Mars, and Doctor Who- both shows are wonderfully written, which is not what I can say about this TERRIBLE insult to my intelligence.
Kid, 11 years old April 2, 2016

Edge of my seat 24/7

I watched this at 11, and was fine. This show is exceptionally scary in parts, and equally as intense in others, that is the main sensitivity. In some episodes, sex is implied in flashbacks, and characters flirt and share passionate kisses. Some characters frequently swear, but nothing major. Words used would be d***n, b****h, hell, and a*s. If your kid or yourself is not afraid of gore and violence, this is the show for you. Also, a main character is addicted to drugs such as heroin, but soon gets over the hump. Lost has some positive role models, and some hated characters. Another smaller sensitivity is the jump scares, but in my opinion, the background music helps You prepare for them.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjake330 March 1, 2015

Good, but confusing

I started watching the show when I was 11. I really liked it, but it was a little confusing. As an 11 year old some of the show didn't really make sense, so I ended up taking a break until I was a little older. There are occasional violent scenes, but all in all there is nothing really bad. As long as kids know the difference between fiction and reality they will be fine.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrachel4815162342 June 26, 2014

An Amazing Show

In my opinion, Lost is truly amazing, and I definitely recommend it. My sister watches lost, but she wouldn't let me start watching it till I was 14, not just because of some inappropriate content for young kids (violence, sex, drugs, alcohol, many bad role models,etc. ) but because of the complexity of the storyline and all the flashbacks. With a few exceptions, I think that kids under fourteen might have a hard time understanding its importance. It's such a great show, though.
Teen, 16 years old Written byartificialfruit April 9, 2008
I've been watching this show since it came out its first season. Originally, it was because nothing else was on, but now I'm completely hooked. Its a great drama and a great mystery. Some younger children might become scared at times, but I beleive that this show is okay for most children ages 10 and up. Its a great show with excellent writing and plot.
Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2016

Lost review

This TV show rocks! There might be some launguage and sex scenes ( nothing is shown) and violence but over all they do have good messages like to work together for survival the characters all have dark flaws or bad and miserable life's and this island is a way to help them start a new life so I think that it should be 8+ for general Watch and 10+ for watching alone.
Kid, 10 years old August 1, 2016

amazing

It is a amazing series but has alot of violence and action with some sexuel scenes in it over all a very good show that is enjoyable for older ages
Kid, 10 years old July 12, 2016

Great show!

This was one of my favourite shows. My family enjoyed it yes I know there's some sex drinking and violence swearing.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRose022121 June 14, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byolliecoole May 17, 2016

Amazing Story that drives you in to the world of Lost

Lost is an amazing story with many positive messages in my opinion. Involves some scary scenes that would frighten younger viewers. Gets a bit violent every now and then but nothing graphic. Overall my favourite TV show I reccomend to anyone that is alive