Kid reviews for Love, Victor

Love, Victor Poster Image

Uhhhhhhmmmmm......... I'm sorry, but 5+? No. I don't know what some people are thinking, this is not a kids show. The first season is relatively calm, there is one episode where Mia does kinda want to have sex but Victor doesn't want to, and there is kissing. But the second season has one entire episode dedicated to sex, which ends up with two characters having sex, but not all of them. There is some drinking, there are gay bars, and there is one scene where there's this shirtless guy in a gay bar, and he's doing these dances. And Victor finds a thing of lube with Benji's stuff. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a good show, but not for 5+. There is another episode where Victor and Benji can't get privacy, and it shows a couple scenes of kissing, some unzipping of pants, but then someone walks in on them. But later, they do have sex, and you can see they're completely naked. Then Victor's mom walks in on them. While the first season is calmer, there is some stuff, and either way this would be getting a 12+ I love lgbt shows/movies, but if you want your kid to watch one, I recommend She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (which is not just for kids, btw, I recommend this to everyone) just not this please, unless you know they can handle it.
4 people found this helpful.

Good for age 12+ if they are emotionally mature

Little disclaimer: Common sense says that this show doesn't have sex in it, but in season 2 it LITERALLY has a very graphic scene of Victor and Benji having sex. Anyways, this show is SO wholesome, and I NEED season 3! I have run out of LGBTQ+ shows to watch now that I also finished Young Royals. Highly recommend! (both of those shows haha)

3 people found this helpful.

ANYONE CAN WATCH THIS

2 people found this helpful.

overall a wonderful show! i think it really depends on what conversations you intend to have about it during and afterward

great watch! i watched all 2 seasons today and never really got too bored with it during. the storylines are very much centered in romance, and there doesn't seem to be much time left for good friendship or silly lighthearted moments but personally I prefer that in these types of show. I think the age you should watch it or let your kids watch it at really depends on what kind of topics you are ready to discuss with them during and after watching, the second season def has more sexual themes than the first but they only really play a large roll in 1 or 2 episodes. i think if you're comfortable having conversations about being gay and about slightly sexual things with your children it is an excellent watch for you! the queer representation is great! although slightly sugar coded but that's to be expected with this type of show. Felix is probably my favorite character and the storyline with his mother is so wonderful to see and I related to it a lot. overall wonderful show with a great diverse cast of characters!

2 people found this helpful.
Hyper-sexual. Not for kids of any ages. Poor plot and characters. Inappropriate humor.

Awesome

This tv series is pretty great, good lgbtq representation and interesting characters

wonderful, diverse and representative

a wonderful and representative show, promoting positive and diverse role models. season 2 is more upbeat than 1, victor is out and happy and contains strong and graphic sex scenes in most episodes , this is good for people of all ages as it shows that queer people exist too and presents diverse attitudes and depictions of sex and love.while although some scenes in season 1 can be sad such as victor becoming stressed and upset he will not be accepted, overall it is comedic yet serious at the same time

The show we needed

Love, Victor was honestly incredible. Socially, I think we definitely needed this. The show offers positive representation for a variety of sexual orientations, ethnic backgrounds and religions. People of all audiences can find a little piece of themselves in the characters, whether LGBTQ+ or ally. This show would be an amazing conversation starter for families. It introduces topics such as finding identity, friendship, mentorship, family and family breakdowns, prejudice, drinking, sex and sexual health and stereotyping - but all in a relatively tame manner. It presents the opportunity for education and discussion. However, I would note that while I believe that the PG rating was appropriate for season 1 (which I would personally recommend for audiences 12+), it gets a little iffy in season two. There is an entire episode (S2E4) dedicated to sex, which may be an issue in some families. Nothing is shown in this episode - but there is PLENTY of discussion and quite a bit implied. Another (S2E7/8) contains a pretty explicit depiction of two key characters having sex, which is interrupted by a parent. Personally, I would assign season 2 with a PG13/M rating and wouldn't recommend it to audiences under 14. Coarse language is occasionally used - but never to excess. This wasn't something that I saw as an issue, as high-school audiences are exposed to this on the daily. Violence is minimal. A character is excluded from his sports team due to his sexuality. Some homophobic behavior. Overall I would 100% recommend this show! But it would pay for parents to review season 2 before watching with kids.

1 person found this helpful.
Inappropriate references!! There is a lot of mention of sex so yeah :/