Kid reviews for Love, Victor

Earnest LGBTQ film spin-off series is endearing and lovely.

Teen, 14 years old Written bypeace.out June 29, 2020

awesome show

this is such a fantastic show and i also love it cause there is finally a great show with great role models. the only thing is that it ended on a HUGE cliffhanger and the next season is coming out in like 2022 and now i’m sad. but otherwise it’s a really great show and not extremely inappropriate i think it’s just a higher rating because it has people that are part of the lgbtqia+ community

Teen, 13 years old Written byGraceeeeeNB June 21, 2020

PERFECT!!!!

PLEASE WATCH!! This series is perfect for fans of the book or movie and has some of the best characters on tv. I’ve watched it three times already even though it only came out 5 days ago and I’m still freaking out over everything. I have been waiting for this show to come out since august and it DID NOT disappoint. Everyone can find something to relate to and it’s a show that needs to be seen by EVERYONE. Please take my advice and watch it ASAP.

Teen, 13 years old Written byWeirdo1010 July 1, 2021

Love, Victor review

Honestly, I love this show, it has great role modles and can teach you good things (lessons) it really helped me undertsand myself better just from watching this and not feeling alone from it, its the best show ever i love it

Teen, 14 years old Written bytheaterkid321 June 24, 2020

amazing!!

I love this series so much! 10/10 recommend :))

Teen, 15 years old Written byJesseAwkward June 24, 2020

Great!

Let me just say, I really like this show. The show does everything I expect and more. As someone who is pansexual, this was great to show that there isn't just straight and gay. I just say 10+ because it really depends on the parents and children when they decide to educate their childen on the LGBTQ+ community.

Teen, 14 years old Written byWinter zodiac July 26, 2021

Every episode was great except for episode 6

The whole show has overall great messages and themes. I only problem I have with it is episode 6. The whole episode goes about characters wanting to sleep together. whether they meant it or not, the episode supports the idea that it's okay for teens to hook up. And keep in mind it's right after Victor's 16th birthday.

I would say most of the show is 11+, except for episode 6, I would rate that episode 12 to 13+.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTreefrogs June 28, 2021

New season, new themes

Loved season one and season two got more serious but even better. I wold say season 1 is only 12+ but I'd go to 14+ for season two. You could definitely tell that season one was written for Disney plus and season two was for hulu. I thought season two showed a deeper understanding of some of the stuggles gay teens face. And being on hulu allowed the show to do think they wouldn't have been able to do on Disney plus. For example they showed a bottle of lube, which like many gay teens through victor off and got him nervous about sex. The show is not a show for all ages (there is an eposide titled sex cabin) but still great for 14+. Like all highschool style dramas with teens being played by 25 year old there are outward parts, that don't happen in the real world, but I still thought as a hole it was amazing. Can't wait for season 3!!!

Teen, 15 years old Written byMillersOddysey May 10, 2021

Amazing but it has moments that are not for kids (season 1 review

I can see why it got removed Disney plus. If it weren’t for like the lasts 4 or 5 episodes it would definitely be PG but there’s a scene where a teacher teacher her students about vaginas and makes them draw them on a piece of paper. There’s also way more talk about sex and hickeys but that’s mostly it

Teen, 13 years old Written byBylerkids.1.1 April 15, 2021

AMAZING!!!

Probably one of the best tv shows I’ve ever seen. this show is definitely on the top of my list, this show is very empowering and I love how it focuses more on romance than sex. This show is amazing and I recommend!

Teen, 15 years old Written bymockingjay_3000 November 30, 2020

Great, but can be too old for younger kids

The topics covered in this show might be too old for younger kids. The characters deal with normal high school situations and there is definitely a great deal of Lgbtq+.

SPOILER ALERT**
For example, there is a marital affair. A good deal of kissing, hickeys are mentioned, and sex is discussed several times. The main character is on a journey to discover himself, and what his sexuality really is.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPortie July 29, 2020

Amazing and inspirational!

This is a beautiful show about teens finding who they are and what they are meant to be. So inspiring!
Teen, 16 years old Written byKate. S July 19, 2020

Really good!

I really love this show! I've read all the Simonverse books as well as watched Love, Simon. I loved Love Simon and was glad to see any form of LGBTQ+ representation in main media, but I'm overjoyed that now this show is giving representation to a non-white questioning kid because there is no one way to be queer. The storyline is amazing (I binged it all in a day) and thoroughly enjoyed this show

Teen, 16 years old Written bymartha speaks July 13, 2020

Wonderful for growing teens

Teen, 13 years old Written byBryceDaSpice July 5, 2020

Amazing follow up is full of twists and turns!

First things first, if you or your kid has not seen the movie Love Simon, watch it first before watching this. It takes place back in Creekwood, with a new kid named Victor, who isn’t sure what sexuality he is. He finds love, drama, secrets, and a big twist. While this show is full of amazing content about expressing yourself, it does have a little bit of content. There is no actual sex, but lots of kissing, making out, and sex talk. A kid says he has the same poster of a vagina in his room that was being used in Sex Ed, and later, the same kid tells his teacher she’s “smashing”. Swearing mostly consists of sh*t, damn, hell, b*tch, and goddamn it. There is one part in the show that Victors friend gets drunk, and starts to slur, and lays down and passes out on the bathroom tile. There is no violence, so there is no issue there. I think, in conclusion, that this show was amazing, and let your teen watch it, but think closely before letting your younger one watch it.

Teen, 16 years old Written byfroggos July 3, 2020
a coming of age / lgbtq+ movie with great messages and lessons. the first episodes are kinda slow but the last episodes move a lot faster. episode 8 was by far the best one. I watched the whole season in about two days, and since the episodes are pretty short (around 30 minutes), it's a really easy show to binge-watch. I will be waiting for season 2

Teen, 14 years old Written byheyimahuman July 1, 2020

Best show I’ve watched in a while

I discovered this show a few days ago and I watched the entire thing in one day. It was so good! There are some great positive role models and the story is so sweet and captivating. While there are a few scenes that discuss some things that maybe aren’t so family friendly, as a whole it’s great. I’ve watched the last episode about 10 times crying because it’s just so sweet and cute. I am mad that they ended on a cliffhanger and the next season won’t be out for like another 2 years. But besides that 10/10 would recommend.

Teen, 14 years old Written byacadia.ellis June 29, 2020

Amazing!

Absolutely perfect show. It shows kids and teens that they aren’t alone, and has lots of great representation. A few short parts that might not be the most appropriate for young children, but otherwise very appropriate for most ages.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLemon_sherbet June 27, 2020

One of the best shows I’ve ever watched

Love, Victor is honestly one of the most amazing and diverse Shows I’ve ever seen. It’s so representative of the LGBTQ+ community and it’s quite relatable for multiple people. It’s as good as the original movie Love, Simon and some of the Love, Simon cast feature in it as well.