Parent reviews for Lovecraft Country

Lovecraft Country Poster Image

Perfect but misunderstood

You’ll see a lot of negative reviews of this show, criticizing it for being disjointed, 2 dimensional, not having a plot that progresses, etc. These are valid criticisms if you’re ignoring the intent of the show, to mimic a pulp magazine. This show however has a plot the connects towards the end, and every character was compelling. This is one of my new favorite shows.

Outstanding!

Definitely not for kids - but still, incredible and diverse, black-joy representation in the sci-fi genre. Cinematography, music, costumes, CGI - wow! And WAY less cursing than GOT or Goonies even. And some critical US history (the real monsters) for all of us to grapple with. Well done. 5 stars so far. FYI - Gets extra-violent/gorey after Episode 4.

Very well done Adaptation of an Important book in the horror genre

Strong Black lead characters in a great show set in the 1950’s with scary violence and some not overly graphic sex. Plenty of cursing but nothing extreme. Also, the monsterous behavior and tone is more horrifying in the racist human antagonists than any of the monsters. 17+ is probably appropriate for most instances but I think any mature and/or bright high school age kid, especially horror fans, will get a lot out out of it by way of provoking thought and critical thinking.

Only saw one episode but wow

Okay so I'll start by saying I'm really not the target audience here but the episode I watched was extremely exciting and I was very pleased with the outcome of the program the start dragged a bit but about half way threw something happened I highly recommend it but too adults and unsqumish only

Thought-provoking & Gory Horror drama

Lovecraft Country combines the racism prevailing at that time & the terrifying/bizzare horror elements to great effect.

Constant nudity and profanity