Kid reviews for Luther

Excellent British cop series with blood and some intimacy.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMasterChick2 March 5, 2021

Luther

Contains strong gore and very strong violence but is the best cop drama series ever. I think a mature 12 year-old can cope, but not to be shown to anyone below that age! Watch on bbc iplayer now!
Teen, 14 years old Written byStardust3178 April 15, 2020

It's ok

So first off, you can't hear what they're saying the whole first season due to the extremely loud background music.
This plot doesn't make the most of sense.
I would click on one of the buttons for what families should know about this show except that I'm not sure what it's got too much of. I just know that it has too much of something not good. I think that a fourteen year old could watch it, but the show was clearly ment for adults and I think that adults would probably like this show more than teens. I also think that you should have kids watch it because it's too mature for them and they would get bored.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFitzy864 May 13, 2018

Amazing show with adult aspects

Luther is a show featuring amazing writing and consistently good episodes. It has some bloody violence and sexual references. The worst is probably in season 2 where one of the main characters is a young prostitute. There is rare strong language.

Teen, 14 years old Written bylunarworld May 5, 2018

MY NEW FAVOURITE!!

Often, I am stuck on an engaging crime thriller, but this is on another level. Absolutely superbly written - and avoids many cliches that are often common in crime thrillers. The way Luther knows who has committed the crime and the links in the plot are just WOW. Also amazing acting, especially from the man character 'Luther', but I don't know his real name. Must watch, but the first episode of the 2nd series is one to look out for if you get easily scared (like me)!

Teen, 16 years old Written byMiriamTheMaster June 3, 2017

Very Good Story, but has Some Scary Scenes

i really like this show! it can get scary though, like in the beginning of the third episode a women is abducted and taken away from her baby. if you like crime shows, this would definitely be a good choice. i would suggest not watching a lot of episodes at once if you are younger, because it can get intimidating

Teen, 13 years old Written byHeatherde November 13, 2016

Could be creepy

This was a lovely series, though I got scared once for a couple of days, cause of this creepy man. It still was the best episode and I'd love to see more. The blood and that stuff wasn't a real bother, but you or your kid gets frightend fast, please close your eyes.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMichaelBowlby October 30, 2016
A police drama with a brilliantly complex and well developed cast of characters that is occasionally let down but a touch of cliche and overly convoluted plot with some ex machina moments. It's great strength is it's nuanced, three dimensional characters, both quote unquote heroes and villains alike. It also has a plethora well crafted action sequences and does not pull it's punches in regards to who dies. It includes some properly dark scenes and terrifying as well as some very tender ones. But perhaps even better, in regards to the action sequences, is the painfully tense, suspenseful scenes leading up to them. Idris ELba is wonderful as Luther and there are no poorly acted characters. However, with so many action sequences it does get one or two wrong in that the audience doesn't really care about them. Some of the plots and scenes border and sometimes enter cliche territory but this is a weakness that all programmes of this genre struggle with to some extent. It is a gritty, powerful, compelling police drama that is well worth watching.