Adult Written byKatakama June 24, 2011

Just plain awful

This show is just disgusting and I fail to see how it hasn't been canceled yet. This is a terrible, disgusting, often cruel, sketch compilation show. There is nothing funny about anything in this show. It is based around disgusting humor, making fun of celebrities and other people, and hurting people. The language is rather coarse for a kids show and I don't see how it was approved for a kids network. The even go far enough to kill Lightning McQueen, a popular character from the kids movie, Cars. This show should not be watched by anyone and should be canceled immediately.
Adult Written byJEDI micah March 27, 2012

STUPID JUST GOT FUNNY!!!

The first time I saw this show, I WAS LAUGHING MY HEAD AND BUTT OFF!!! It is so silly and hilarious at the same time! To me, this show is like a kid-friendly version of Family Guy! It makes fun of famous movies, TV shows, celebrities, and it'll do it's own skits. Next to Regular Show, this show is one of the best so far on Cartoon Network! I even watch this show with my mom and dad, and they also think it's funny as well!
Parent of a 8 year old Written byjulicious September 30, 2010
Sick, sometimes sadistic, always sarcastic humor and lots of parodies of children's shows. Not meant for my son's age, but he's mature for his age and has a very friendly and empathetic personality. I remind him often that these characters are not good to imitate. What can you expect from Mad the cartoon? "crap", "turd", mild offensive humor about poop and doo doo and other gross things. If you are strict about violence or language, you might want to watch this and screen it before letting your kids watch. My son is 8 and the violence factor concerns me. Also, the way death is treated without much regard is something to think about. There is an episode with the dog Blue from Blues Clues dying and another episode with some old guy who passes away on his birthday but they shrug it off and instead celebrate his birthday with the dead guy lying there. There is a parody of the movie 2012, which concerns me because my son is now worried about the end of the world. Also, in one of the skits, there is a bully hamburger that gets a kid in trouble and snickers about it. In another episode a greedy superhero who blows some kids up after getting money from them. Bad role models, but all in the name of humor. If you do let your kid watch it, make sure you talk to him/her about the content of the show so they dont try to emulate the behavior of the bad role models and situations. PS, dont tell your child that there is a magazine for Mad unless you feel they are ready to read the magazine. In my opinion, the magazine is way too mature and meant for young adults, with its references to drinking, and I dont want my son reading it until he's in his late late teens.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byNK17 February 22, 2013

Pretty Awful, occasional laughter,

I have no idea why people think this and regular show are alike, I don't find that it desserves #1 comedy on CN it's like robot chicken there's the occasional laugh but it spoofs shows I actually like including Total Drama, adventure time and regular show, But more so Star Trek and twilight, there are some bleeped words in sketches, it is for 10 yer old girls that don't get enough attention Message/Role Models 0/5: don't look here, lots of movie spoofing-- Violence 3/5: Over the top violence, graphic physical violence and minimal blood, the Spy vs Spy are usually the most violent, people are seen puking out there intestines but it is not "scary" or "disturbing"-- Sex 0/5: mild jokes about cheating on partners, -- Language 3/5: Mostly mild "turd" "h3ll' "crap" etc. on Uglee a rejected toy says: "how the F&@# should i know?!"-- Consumerism N/A-- Alcohol Usage N/A
Adult Written byErnesto M January 25, 2013

NOT FOR KIDS

Im no parent but i dont think this is a appropriate show for kids at all, It should be in Adult Swim or Canceled really. Im 20 and i was surfing the stations to see what is on TV and i saw what seemed like the most disgusting cartoon ever made and i was surprised it was on Cartoon Network. It disgusted me so much i just didnt wanted to look at that trash no more. Parents do not let your kids see this.
Parent Written bycolina March 19, 2015

It should be 7 and up

I don't see any sex on it or cursing!
Parent of a 10, 12, 15, and 17 year old Written bycome to pa pa May 8, 2014
Parent Written byratethis July 7, 2013

yeah gross sometimes, but creative.

This show get's such bad reveiws.... yes, it's innaporiate for alot of kids, yes it's really gross sometimes, but it contains alot of clever parodies only someone with a unique creative imagenation would think of, it's all in fun, yes it's crazy (thus the name "mad") people by now should know this is off the wall! (mad magazine has been around how long?) i would watch this over family guy or robot chicken, it's less vailgur than robot chicken, and family guy well, how is repeating the same thing over and over and over and over funny? a show like this takes alot more imagenation and creativity than family guy! i thought of a show idea that i thought was very unique then i see this! it's pretty much the same thing!
Parent of a 3, 6, and 8 year old Written byLiveYourLife March 27, 2012

Good show

Great show,but a whole lot of Crap/Pee/Puke/and anything else gross jokes i mean come on people
Adult Written by00idonthaveaname00 February 16, 2012

Robot chicken for kids.

this show is basically like robot chicken except for kids. the jokes are mainly poop jokes. (haha). or they make fun of real world issues, shows, or stuff in the news. not all of their jokes are funny. i wouldn't really worry about the jokes being inappropriate because your kids won't get them.
Adult Written byShizukaVictoria May 31, 2011

The only reason why i gave it an age is because I couldn't post this review without it.

Im sorry to say this show confuses me deeply i don't even know what age range to put it in, for one is because this show focuses on pop culture which of course all teenagers are into, but the humor is very childish to the point where I don't believe children these days make fart and poop jokes like this. I think the graphics in this show are way too unpleasing for the eye, especially how in one scene an acne-ridden boy trys to pop a zit and out comes pus and guts, I'm not even kidding that i almost puked at that scene.Some scenes in this show have made me laugh but sorry to say thats happened about 4 times with how long has this show been on air? I think this show is way too off and predictable with its jokes since(even though they use it on celebrities)the majority of the jokes have been all done before.
Educator and Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written byconnielove93 September 7, 2010
This show is funny and good for kids who know a lot about pop culture! There is crude humor and a lot of potty jokes but it's not as bad as some of the stuff that airs on cartoon network these days. I think kids will enjoy the references made to the shows they love. For a site who claims to not enjoy stereotypes, I don't think that common sense should say that this show is for boys. Girls like to laugh too and the type of show enjoyed by a child depends on the child not what society tells them to like.
Parent Written byjacquef June 25, 2015

wow

this show is not 12+it is 8+ =-]
Parent Written byhgwqhge03 September 21, 2013

i am a huge fan of madtv so i was very interested

this show is very good, sure it isn't mad TV but it has funny jokes, and the gross, completely weird and random jokes do not appear that often, this actually doesn't bother me, because unlike adventure time and regular show which make a plot out of weird and random, this is a show where you can see Miley Cyrus trying to kill Justin Bieber and see Megan Fox as a fox, but there are more good jokes than bad ones, the only problem this show has it that the jokes will be outdated in about 10 years
Parent Written bygamecard7171 January 15, 2013

Mad isn;t recommended for kids.

Very stupid show which encourages kids to ac immature and for them to get the wrong idea about stuff.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 10, 2012

Worst show to have ever aired! NOTHING IS GOOD ABOUT IT!

My mom babysits 25 kids,and they ALL hate this crap! Everybody I know hates it so much! The plot is lame,the jokes are corny,the animation looks hideous,the parodies are dumb,the acting is dreadful,ect.Worst show on CN,and the worst show in general! If I were a parent,and my kids laughed at this,i'd give them a good spanking! Plus,the humor is WAY TOO CRUDE for kids! Horrible show!
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 23, 2012

mad

Families can talk about parody. Do you find the MAD-style spoofs funny? How do they compare to other satires? Why do some people find bodily humor jokes funny while others think they're gross? How does humor "work"? What does it indicate when a show or movie gets the MAD treatment?
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 14, 2012

Bottom Of The Barrel

Out of every terrible CN show,this is the WORST! The sketches are lame and stupid.Also,they cuss! They really do! Regular Show does that too.But,unlike this garbage that show never fails to be funny.There is also some HORRIBLY crude humor.In one episode a saw a fat man with his breast and NIPPLES out! I was disgusted! Also,in another episode I saw a boy and a girl HAVING SEX.Funny! NOT.They even make fun of Shows,movies,video games,and celebrities.They call them "gay" and such.NOT COOL! Well,let me tell you more about this terrible show! The animation is boring and hideous.At least Adventure Time is colorful.The humor is just GROSS.It's just one poop and vomit joke after another.The theme song is ANNOYING.It sounds like a bunch of 4 year olds screaming "MAD,MAD,MAAAAAAAAAAD!" Man,that theme song gives me a headache and makes me wanna press the mute button and feel grateful for it!!! So overall:CN might get destroyed with this horrible show that has poop and vomit jokes,cussing,having sex,and naked jokes.Regular Show and Adventure Time are WAY better than this kiddie trash!
Parent of a 5, 6, 7, 10, 10, and 17 year old Written byCharlie The Cat December 17, 2011

crazy

not for Small Kids Ages 2-4 Off Ages 5-14 Iffy Ages 15+ On Those 5+ Admitted but Not Recommended for Under 15
Parent of a 10 and 17 year old Written byLola Bridge November 26, 2011

gone mad

it is not for small kids