Let me second gimmeabreak. It's insulting that they actually think people are buying into this. Don't take my word for it that it's fake. Take theirs (references and exact quotes available at http://www.daughtersoftiresias.org/bearwiki/Evidence). In parentheses is who said it:
* Bear used a life jacket in the Rockies under his shirt (Bear Grylls, host)
* Bear learns his survival skills 2 days before the ep (Bear Grylls, host)
* On the Desert Island, they had a diver check for sharks (Graham Strong, director)
* On the same ep, Bear's raft was built not by him, but by a consultant. It took a week and a half and involved rope (Celeste Cole, consultant)
* The mustangs in the Sierra ep were shipped in from Nevada (Celeste Cole, consultant)
And on and on. The survival advice is bad to boot, too. If you disagree, go to a survival forum and mention the show, and listen to what they have to say about it.
I'd only ever recommend watching this show if you're a fan of watching an athletic man eat gross things and hollywood-style scripted scenes.