All parent member reviews for Man vs. Wild

Parent Written byPlague December 14, 2009

Man vs. Wild

Great show! Not as good as Survivorman in my opinion, but still a fun, educational show to watch. He sure does bring spunk and energy, but some of his survival techniques seem pretty unnecessary, unless of course you need to be absolutly desperate.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byh8realitytv April 18, 2010

Aside from all the unmentioned "assisantance" the guy gets, I too am disgusted by why animals must be killed for viewers entertainmentl. I am not a "PETA" lover, but seeing animals senselessly killed for ratings is disgusting. I do not see why discovery rates this show PG. It should be R or even X since the killings are real.
Parent of a 2 and 9 year old Written byCoachT January 15, 2010

Real life Survivor...great for the whole family.

My family loves this show, correction me and my boys love this show my wife gets grossed out when he eats raw fish/animals. Us "men" are simply amazed by what he does. Very entertaining and educational. Who knew how easy it can be to survive these situations!...If you're not afraid of eating scorpions and climbing up trees to make your nights resting place...LOL
Parent of a 12 year old Written byjfbrown42 August 26, 2009

Now for a nice cup of pine needle tea... Lots of vitamins

This is a pretty entertaining show. Some of the stuff he has to eat (bugs, etc.) is pretty gross, but that's what you need to do to survive, which is what this show is about. For many kids, this show is the closest they will get to being in the wilderness, and god forbid, if they ever got stranded in the wilderness alone (e.g., a plane crash) I hope they might remember some of what they learn (finding safe water to drink, seeking shelter, building a fire) to help them survive.
Adult Written byJackisthebest June 10, 2009

Pretty nasty at some parts

I like the idea about a guy trying to survive,but cmon drinking your pee,eating raw lizards,eating insects.Its still interesting though.You can get the dvd here http://moourl.com/m05ae
Adult Written byIHEARTGOTH22 June 25, 2009

awesome show!

awesome show but i wouldnt let a little kid watch it.
Adult Written byKrbbup June 10, 2009

Good Idea, But Terrible for Animal Lovers.

Before this show came out, my family watched Survivor Man and we thought it was pretty good. I am a huge animal lover and some parts of that show are just terrible. When Man Vs. Wild came out, we were very excited, but I soon found out that it was even worse. Animals are torn apart and eaten right on the spot in horrible ways. He has no respect for them at all and it is so not necessary. He also goes without clothes sometimes and makes everything out to be life and death (when it is not). I am very angry with him and I hardly ever watch the show now.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byJulie P November 12, 2008

Man vs Wild---Bear is hot!

Great show---watching him kill and eat a snake is a little creepy. He does like to get down to his boxer briefs or naked a lot---but there is no nudity and isnt tasteless. This mom thinks Bear is hot! He is fun, crazy, and is always interesting. Boys will love this show!
Adult Written byBearfan01 January 14, 2009

I Love you Bear!!!

I cant stop watching you.....hope you will be forever watched..... God Bless You!
Adult Written bylinz_121 April 9, 2008

I loved it! was the most interesting show that had facts I can use my self

i love all that interesting facts Bear has to tell. also gives me a good sense of how dangerous nature can be and how to take it on if i ever need to. Bear Rocks!
Adult Written bydoos April 9, 2008

good

it is a good show
Adult Written byhayden April 9, 2008

Best show on TV

Only show I make sure I'm in front of TV for. Entire family loves it. Hope they come out with more shows soon.
Adult Written byKaren Pease April 9, 2008

We laughed, we cried, we lost brain cells.

Let me second gimmeabreak. It's insulting that they actually think people are buying into this. Don't take my word for it that it's fake. Take theirs (references and exact quotes available at http://www.daughtersoftiresias.org/bearwiki/Evidence). In parentheses is who said it: * Bear used a life jacket in the Rockies under his shirt (Bear Grylls, host) * Bear learns his survival skills 2 days before the ep (Bear Grylls, host) * On the Desert Island, they had a diver check for sharks (Graham Strong, director) * On the same ep, Bear's raft was built not by him, but by a consultant. It took a week and a half and involved rope (Celeste Cole, consultant) * The mustangs in the Sierra ep were shipped in from Nevada (Celeste Cole, consultant) And on and on. The survival advice is bad to boot, too. If you disagree, go to a survival forum and mention the show, and listen to what they have to say about it. I'd only ever recommend watching this show if you're a fan of watching an athletic man eat gross things and hollywood-style scripted scenes.
Adult Written bybleusz April 9, 2008

It was suspenseful and extremely informatiive for emergencies in the wild.

I've been watching weekly for the past month and I thought it was a fantastic show. For reality t.v. it offers information you can 't find anywhere else on survival skills. Life is uncertain and we all need to know this.
Adult Written bystormin31 April 9, 2008

This show is awesome

Check this show out... it's a cool show.
Adult Written bysburbank April 9, 2008

I can't get enough of the show!

Bear Grylls is a very impressive person. I read most of his personal biography. There are not many people in this world that have a sense of purpose and understanding on how to live. I'm glad to see that we have such positive people in this world. Bear Grylls is also a motivational speaker In case you didn't know it). I used to race bicycles, triathalons,etc. until I got very sick. Until 6 months ago I had a very hard time getting motivated to get back to the things I used to do. When I started learning and hearing about Bear, something inside me sparked. My enthusiasm is very high and I'm back to hiking, climbing,skiing,etc. Thank you Bear!!!
Adult Written bygimmeabreak April 9, 2008

I am less intelligent for watching

I can't believe this guy thinks we can't see through his B.S.! He exposes himself to dangerous/dramatic situations taking the path of MOST resistance, vice the common sense approach to survival situations. The enjoyment I get out of this show is watching this guy make an idiot out of himself, while remaining offended that he thinks we, the general audience, are dumb enough to buy the crap he is selling. I am glad I live in a country where people can sell this stuff and make a living. Enjoy it dude, your "five minutes of fame" will not last.
Adult Written bysheal88 April 9, 2008

Love it

I love this show, whether scandal or not he is just amazing.
Adult Written byregiers April 9, 2008

This show rocks.

Bear Grylls is the man and he makes the show entertaing by taking it to the limits.
Adult Written bybeebz April 9, 2008

big NO on commercials, boobs & animal cruelty

God only knows I'm no prude, but beer commercials with skanky half-dressed chicks? Not a good message for the targeted "tweens", teens, or younger viewers. How's about butt-naked bushmen and bare-breasted bushwomen? I mean, this is the titillating stuff we would sneak a peek at in National Geographic magz. Here, it's live-action jiggles and no blurred-out boobs. I mean, plastic surgery shows copiously use the blur spot - for some reason it doesn't apply to "educational" shows. Finally, he killed a snake by smashing its head with a rock, used a stick to separate the head from its body, and tore some chunks out with his teeth (apparently a taste test). Does our 8-year old really need to know how to survive in the world's most extreme locations? Or see bouncing bush parts? Or witness the in-your-face bashing, beheading and brutal biting of a snake? We're flipping the channel from now on.