Parent reviews for Manifest

Manifest Poster Image

Gripping, but a bit creepy.

This is a super good show and I really enjoyed watching it. It has an amazing plot with alot of twists. Violence- The only thing that realy concerned me throughout the episodes I have watched so far was the fact that at the end of episode 2 it shows a woman watching tv, then there is a shadow behind her, then it flicks back to the tv screen and suddenly there is a gunshot and blood splatters onto the tv screen. After that in episode 3 the main character is investigating what happened to her, and it shows her face with blood all over it as they zip up the bag her dead body is in. That part was a bit creepy. Sex- Again the only concerning thing for me in the episodes I watched, was a scene in one of the episodes (I don't remember which one) is a wife and her husband are doing math together and the husband cracks something smart and the wife starts saying "sexy math" and the go into the kitchen and start taking off their shirts and say "Lets go upstairs and do some sexy math together" Apart from these things I loved the show and thought it was amazing.
2 people found this helpful.

Good for a mature 10 year old

Great show. I would say show your kid the first episode and see how that deal with that.

2 people found this helpful.

sad to see that NBC has brought back religious profanity

My wife and I—then childless—stopped watching NBC in 2005 after six new shows in a row didn’t meet our family’s standards. Part of this was because they started allowing religious profanity (i.e. G** d***) in their programming. I emailed them at the time, letting them know exactly why our family would no longer watch their channel. It was years before Netflix and Hulu allowed us to watch shows we didn’t realize were on NBC. Once we found out, we assumed they had taken some action to clean things up a bit. *Manifest* brings us right back to the same old crap from 2005, only now they somehow get away with a TV-PG rating instead of the TV-14 they used to carry (not to mention the TV-MA they should have gotten in the first place). Even without kids in the room, my wife and I turned it off in the middle of the first episode. From reading the other comments, I’m glad we did. Stay away.

1 person found this helpful.

Profanity introduced in Season 4 (thanks, Netflix)

After three seasons on NBC broadcast television, the fourth season has moved to Netflix and, of course, they’ve sadly “Netflix-ized” it by introducing profanity “just because they can now”. So much for keeping it consistent across seasons. If you let you kids what seasons 1 to 3 you may want to reconsider whether they watch season 4. Disappointing.

Very intriguing!

This series is a fantastic idea, very well done, and without unnecessary language and drugs/drinking. It’s great to see. The ratings did miss a sex scene (very mild and tasteful, but still not something I want my daughter watching quite yet) in Season 1, Episode 10.
Great exciting tv drama. Why it was canceled is beyond me. It's not like NBC puts out exciting dramas like this regularly.

Absolutely great show.

This is a great show with a great storyline and cast, full of plot twists and super addictive!

Interesting

The storyline is in and out. If you watched Lost then you understand. People hate each other for no reason...relationships out of whack...a whole bunch of end of the world stuff. I like it but we could do without a few of the ppl on here.

Amazing!

I love this show so much! I really hope they make more seasons! They gave us a really good cliff hanger to keep us talking/guessing! The whole entire cast is brilliant! Who ever created this is a genius ! Romans 8:28 is also my favorite! I love how there is so many mysteries, hopefully it can all be revealed.