Parent reviews for Marcella

Marcella Poster Image

Consistently Bad Plotting Undermines a Potentially Interesting Show

This show is a time-killer. Violence and narrative twists sustain interest. But the plotting is so careless that it eventually becomes irritating. For example, a murderer the viewer never suspects because there’s no indication, until the last episode of the season, that this person has any conceivable connection with the crimes. All of the other potential suspects just drop out of view, plot devices that are no longer necessary. Also, though this may not bother others, but Marcella is a truly unpleasant person. The same can be said of virtually every other character introduced during three seasons.

Series 2, absolutely dreadful direction

A reasonable story line well acted, where direction allows. The skipping timelines are distracting in the extreme and why do we need to wait for episode six, or thereabouts to see the link to seriesone? I know this is fashionable but the viewer has now been forgotten and it seems to me this is ^art for art's sake ^. I thought I would look up the director and found there are at least seven spread across episodes, not even one for a complete series; explains a lot.

Like the female Luther

Dark, interesting, well acted but not amazing show for adults. CS misses a few things: plenty of 'F' words; a person has been shot in the head and we see what appears to be brain matter behind them; a person's face is pushed into broken glass with bloody results; the sex is not just innuendo--there's a sex scene where we see a man's bum. A girl's breasts are visible in a sexual way; she also appears to pleasure herself for a video. I would not describe Marcella as a good role model--she's an interesting character but certainly not role model.

Season 2 disturbing...well produced but what's the point.

Season 2...Started pretty good but just gets more and more depraved with no redeeming point or message. Kids & Adults should avoid. Violent, disturbing, murder and violence towards children and animals. how is this entertainment? great production - but why