All parent member reviews for Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Adult Written byJMWoodham December 30, 2014

Marvel's Agents of Shield - A great movie spinoff, but not for young kids.

To start off, apparently this site didn't review much material, because though the site does not account for many objectionable actions, they are contained all throughout. Firstly the show has frequent binge drinking, references to drinking and drunkenness, characters who are visibly inebriated, and use of alcohol to "numb" pain. Cigarettes are often used as well. There are also multiple sex scenes in a few episodes, mostly implied, with some implied nudity and shots of both men and women in revealing undergarments. Much of the violence is VERY graphic, with people being blown up, shot repeatedly at close range, individuals bleeding out in a very emotional manner, and once a father being blown up in front of his son who watches in horror. Also to tackle is the fact that no one is as they seem, and without giving spoilers I will say that by the end of the run many of the "good guys" end up betraying, and even killing their friends. Also up for disturbing content are a few very graphic medical procedures, including one in which the patient screams to the doctors to allow him to die. In the end though friendship, loyalty, quick witted intellect, and a strong commitment to a just cause do prevail, though at a very high cost, and through many difficult decisions. The show is a great action packed joy ride, but only for mature individuals who can handle the extreme violence, betrayal, and emotion presented.
Educator and Parent Written bypgrahlfs September 29, 2014

Parent of a 10 and 16 year old Written byLizziesays June 18, 2014

Great show, but know your kid...

My 10-year-old son and I just finished binge watching this show, and we love it. It's fun and action-filled, with some great opportunities to talk about loyalty and trust, teamwork, etc. That said, it IS violent and could be too much for some kids. Later in the season two characters discuss having sex, and they are shown relatively undressed together. Sex is discussed occasionally, but nothing shown. The violence in this show is nothing more intense than you would see in any of the Marvel movies, so if your kids have seen and been okay with those, you should be fine. My son has declared some things too violent for him, but had no issues with this one. This is a show he only watches with me -- I wouldn't send him downstairs to watch it without a parent to discuss issues that might come up.
Educator and Parent of a 1, 2, 4, 6, and 14 year old Written bySuperherofan May 10, 2014

It's a sequel to the avengers in a show.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byLauraFoley April 16, 2014

It used to be OK...until it wasn't

* spoiler alert * Our family enjoys watching Agents of SHIELD together. We enjoyed the narrative and the tie-ins to the Avenger movie series. Up until recently, I was OK with the superhero violence, explosions, and the like. But last week the episode ended with a supposed good guy shooting three people in the face at point-blank range. That was way too much for me.
Parent Written byNicky Cee February 6, 2014

So very, very violent

We started watching this with my boys (11 and 7) last fall. It was borderline then on the violence and sex scale but still OK because it is Marvel and it is cool. Not anymore. This last episode (on the train with the good guys trying to track a secret case) was so, so violent and over the top. Stabbing in the back, girl shot at close range twice with one shot where the gun is pressed against her belly while she is being hugged(!), huge amounts of blood, more stabbing, open wounds, then ridiculous amounts of blood. Follow this with talk of the two main characters "having sex". What is wrong with these producers? This is Marvel. It's supposed to be for kids. Please don't watch this show with young children or you will be sorry.