Kid reviews for Mercy Street

Mercy Street Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Only watched the first 2 episodes so far

Although I haven't watched much, I felt like giving an opinion that I may or may not add to as I watch more of the show. Just letting you know, there is a scene where a woman is raped in the second episode. Their clothes are completely on, but there is thrusting, so be warned. Overall, the plot line does seem quite interesting. Most of the characters are either really angering, or they are a mixed bag of good or bad traits, so if you are looking for super inspirational role models, I wouldn't look here, but again I have barely watched any so they might change as the story moves on. It is also a medical show in a sense, given that it revolves around a nurse during the civil war, so there is blood and it is pretty detailed, so don't watch it if you can't stomach that. Ya, it is interesting for sure, I really have always liked period dramas, but I just felt like sharing all the cons just in case. If those things don't bother you, go for it! I gave it 3 starts only because the angering nature of some of the characters, and hating people in a show makes me like the show less.

Wow a must watch!

Mercy Street is a wonderful Civil War drama. However in some episodes we open onto a bloody battle field full of soldiers on fire, screaming or dead. Language can be an issue with occasional use of the "N" word. But all in all this show is a must match for any mature and historically interested nine year old.