All teen and kid member reviews for Monk

Teen, 13 years old Written byMedia Lover March 21, 2010

Very good

This show is great. Monk is a good influence, and its one of the only murder shows that is appropriate for preteens. My brother is 10, and he has no problem with this show. I love it.
Kid, 11 years old August 29, 2012

THE BEST!

I am 11 and my brother is 7. The show is TV-14, and that makes sense. But I think it could get away with being PG. Parents need to know that yes, there is cursing. They say some rude words, but not in every episode. Also, there is talk of people having affairs outside of marriage, but it is never shown onscreen. My parents don't let us watch half of the PG movies out there, but they are okay with this one. We watch it every night (on Netflix) and are nearing the last one. If you want to show your kids an appropriate Monk, I reccomend Mr. Monk Gets Hypnotized. This is the best show in the whole entire world. Oh, and if you are going to show a kid this show, remind them not to repeat the language.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypeaches-and-kittens February 24, 2015

Awesome Show

This is one of my favorite shows!If you like crime shows you will love this, obviously, it has some blood and dead bodies, but it isn't that bad for younger kids although it's more intended for teens or adults. There's barely any sexual references but there is a few. Also some drug smugglers.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCurmagicwithin September 19, 2014

BEST SHOW, HANDS DOWN

Kid, 11 years old August 26, 2013

The #1 monk fan!!!

I started watching this when I was 11, and I loved it. It was perfect for me because I really like action and crime tv shows and this wasn't too violent or gory for me. I think it depends on how mature your child is. My suggestion is any were between 10 and 12 is a good age.
Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2010

Great show except it ended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only bad thing is that they stopped it!!! It's a great show. It's funny how mr.monk is scared of most things, including milk and ladybugs. It's best in the early seasons that had Sherona. A great show that's clean except for violence. See if you can find it because it's great!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJukilum June 6, 2010

Watch it with ClearPlay

Monk is a great show. My whole family has OCD to a certain extent, which makes it much more entertaining. The only real problem is the language and the violence, and many of the murders are related to extra-marital affairs. Watching it frequently gave us a bad feeling so we stopped watching it, but now Clearplay is releasing filters for Monk. We can now watch it again in peace.
Teen, 17 years old Written byArei April 9, 2008

Monk is BEYOND awsome

I love Monk, its an awesome show. Great detective series. Its really not inappropriate. Parents that don't want their child hearing some mild profanity may not want their little ones watching it, and most of them wont want to watch it anyway. 11+
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Clever series

This series has got a lot of heart, and is a great mix of comedy, drama, and mystery. Tony Shalhoub is incredible in the title role. And I know no one's asking, but this is a lot better than Psych.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydkasal000 January 26, 2015
Kid, 12 years old August 17, 2013

Homocide Anyone?

The murders at the beginnings can be scaryish. Good for mature 8 and 9 year olds they just may not get the jokes. I love it! The acting is amazing. I absolutey love it! I love homocide shows though....
Teen, 13 years old Written byZebra_Girl July 31, 2010

Love it!

I LOVE this T.V. show! It has a great combination of comedy and suspense. I love this series, but sadly it starts deteriorating in the quality on the 7th season, but its still watchable. I started watching at age 9, and I loved it. I still do.

Obsessive Compulsive Monk Addict!

Monk is a great show with lots of mystery and humor. Although there is some swearing involved and inappropriate things for younger ones, it's a great watch. My family watches Monk together and my parents caution me with some of the "bad" things in it. I'd advise parents only to let their kids watch Monk if they are mature enough and to let them know not to heed some of the messages. Otherwise, it's a fun way to spend time with your family when you've got nothing else to do!
Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2014

Psych is so much better

i watch psych and my friend really likes this show and since they are both on usa i thought i should try it. psych is funnier more intersting and just well better so don't even bother
Kid, 10 years old November 15, 2013

Know your child

I am a 10 year old, and this became my favorite when I first set eyes on it at age 9. It is a funny show, containing some violent scenes, that may not be good for children under 11. Personally, I believe that if your child is mature, he/she can watch it. But for the sake of adults, I recommend you keep in mind that there are some episodes with gory scenes, so you might want to scan the episode, before allowing a child to watch it. My mother's idea. Overall, this show would be considered a comedy/action/drama series
Kid, 12 years old October 21, 2013

A fun TV show for you and your family

I personally LOVE these films, and I watch them frequently with parents and younger brother. Though he is ten, i still think it is a puse for 11 and under. There is normally a brief violent scene at the beginning of the movie, and it can sometimes be stomach-wrenching, depending on the episode. There is mild infrequent language, along with some sexual references and/or suggestions. So, overall, know your child 11 and under, this film may include some mature themes/references. I rate this 3 out of 5 stars because sometimes the overall theme, or "why" this or that happened is not very relevant or realistic (as if this were to happen in real life). But this stomach-churning, funny, and mysterious TV thriller will leave you at the edge of your couch for the whole second half of the film.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymusiclover47 September 24, 2013

Good show, a little violence

This show is amazing!! I started watching it at 8 years old, but my mom would only let me watch it if she was watching it with me. It really isn't that inappropriate, just in certain episodes. There is a little violence, but that has never bothered me (both my parents are doctors, I'm used to the sight of blood).
Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2013

TOTALLY EPIC, ONE OF MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITES

This show is AMAZING! I love it! Shows murder scenes and after pictures, so maybe not appropriate for younger audiences.
Kid, 12 years old January 16, 2011

A bit scary at times, but very enjoyable

Although I find myself cover my eyes as the victims are murdered, it isn't only about that. It is also about Mr. Monk and his trials and tributes as a lonely mega-phobe. His wife was murdered and he takes it upon himself to figure out who did it until his last breath. The writers are absolute geniuses. You would have to be extremely smart in order to write these crime shows with clever solutions. I absolutely adore this show!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMarioA April 20, 2014

hilarious and awesome show!!!

This show is awesome!! But I can see how this show might just be for certain people. I do recommend giving it a try!!