Parent reviews for Mozart in the Jungle

Sex, drugs, and classical music in mature online series.

Based on 1 review
Adult Written bycbcummings July 17, 2020

Mozart in the Jungle is a good education for teens and above looking to venture into a career in the performing arts workd

Mozart in the Jungle is very eye-opening, loosely based on the book with the same title, about the situations and personalities encountered in the world of professional musicianship. It is full of egos, full of competition (and therefore conniving characters), full of temptation (sex and drugs, which entice not everyone, but definitely a potential pitfall), and full of disappointment and rejection (except for the lucky few). I think any high schooler contemplating a career as a musician or performer should watch this show. Not everyone will have the breadth of experiences depicted in the 4 seasons of this show, but behind every diva and salty exterior is always a real human, and the show manages to capture the humanity of almost every character in the show.

Adult Written byS L February 2, 2018

Sex scenes not fit for children

10 minutes into the first episode there are multiple brief sex scenes as she describes how different musicians have sex. Children learning to respect their bodies and the importance/value of sex within a marriage, and healthy sexual relationships should not be exposed to such filth; no story is worth that in my opinion. I would consider this NC-17 at best. Just because sex is becoming more common and "accepted" amongst teens these days, doesn't mean it should be accepted as "ok" and shared with kids. Personally, I won't be watching it myself either.

Adult Written byJulieD 3 February 13, 2016

Pure Smut!

One sexual innuendo after another coupled with straight out graphic scenes and smutty, vulgar language. The show makes light and acceptable multiple illicit sexual encounters as if it is the norm. This is a prime example of what has become almost mainstream in the desensitizing of our consciences. I don't want to watch this and I certainly wouldn't advocate it for anyone one else - adults or younger.