Parent reviews for My Name Is Earl

My Name Is Earl Poster Image

Amazing show

This show is great for people with teen or adult children or couples. Wholesome and heart warming. It is also hilarious and well written.

Adult situations

Great show not kid appropriate. Alot of adult situations.

Funny for Adults

I think it's funny but not for kids or young teenagers. It has good mesages but i dont think it compensates for all the rest of the content. Seems like it shows more of the negative side of humans like putting others down, name calling, instant gratification, drug use, verbal and emotional abuse, disrespect for others, lack of respect for oneself, lack of respect for your body, lack of respect for another person's body, etc.

my name is earl ??

This show was grate until randy started to be all over. got sick of his fase and dependence of others he got so annoying i just stopped watching at season 3 on netflix and gave it a 3 star .

Amazing show, but not for little kids

This is one of the best TV shows I've watched in a while. While there is crude humor, some violence, and sexual innuendo, there is almost always a good message at the end. Earl could be seen as a positive role model because the show centers on him making up for all his wrong-doings.

My son loves this show. He's almost 14 and I think that overall this show has a positive message.

My Name is Earl

Very funny show. One of my favorties to watch.

Best Comedy on TV

Love this show! Characters are insanely funny and premis of Karma is great for bringing a positive tone to a comdey that at times could be considered vulgar. I let my near 11 yr old watch it with me. I am a little less conservative than most parents, but I am ready to explain when things such as gay bars, hookers, and such comes up...although most of the time , he doesn't even ask cuz he doesn't get it. I.E. Hookers he thinks in the first episode- Earl tries to pay a girl to kiss and date the gay guy (because he doesn't understand 'sex' fully). If you are uncomforatble as parent explaining such things then wait till at least closer to 12.
not rated for age

Hilarious, For Teens and Adults

I wouldn't recommend this for under 14. But it's a very funny show about making things right with people you have wronged. There are stereotypes: rednecks, mobile homes, beer drinking. But in the end, the show always has a happy ending.
not rated for age

Good Goal, Bad Surroundings

Poor Earl just wants to make the world a better place. Little by little he works to fix his past mistakes and help others have a better life. While his intentions are good his actions, and those of people around him, are not always the best. Each episode has a clear message but there is enough violence (thanks to his ex-wife) and questionable content to make a parent pause before allowing anyone under 14 to watch.