Kid reviews for My Name Is Earl

My Name Is Earl Poster Image

Funny, only for kids that have had sex education

Very funny and good messages but watch for yourself before letting your kid watch. I watch a few things with my little brother but this is one of the few things he can't watch because of sex and adult humour. There is a character that has sex for money and a lot of drugs alcohol smoking etc. There is a strip club but no nudity at all. Don't let your kid watch if not mature but if they've had sex education it's pretty much fine. Depends on the kid but before they watch it you have to watch it first. You need to know what your kid is watching. Otherwise(violence, scariness) none at all. Tiny bit of swearing.

great show

this show is my favorite show. it also has good role models or messages

I love this show

I love this show so much, even with all the adult jokes, alcohol, and sex, it's still hilarious in my opinion and has a good message behind it

It’s amazing I absolutely love this show

I think my name is earl is a great show it’s pretty silly most of the time but I think it represents a good example on doing the right thing the whole show is funny and I think kids will love it although there is some adult jokes in it there is not too much to worry about but over all I think it sets a great example on doing the right thing.

Great to teach karma, but for older kids

I love this show, one of the best I've seen, but I'm surprised of how it managed to keep a TV-PG rating! It should be TV-14 in my opinion, with constant sexual themes and use of alcohol and references to other drugs. Surprisingly, language is mild, but constant.Their friend Catalina, who is a motel maid, soon tells Earl and his brother, Randy, that she used to be a stripper at "Club Chubby" and proves it by using a pool stick as a strip pole and dances with it as a strip pole. She soon works there again, and wears a bikini, nothing else. Joy is almost always seen wearing highly suggestive outfits. When she tries to get a loan from a bank for $3,000 to steal Earl's lottery money, she brings her husband, Darnell (AKA: Crab-Man), but he couldn't give her the money. On her way out, the bank teller looks at her butt, then tells Darnell "Nice catch, brother." One of the characters is a day-time hooker. Almost everyone on the show drinks alcohol, and Joy smokes, one episode is about accidentally stealing a drug dealer's bag of marijuana, and the dealer threatens with a gun when he finds out they burned it, and they have to pay $2,000 worth of "dope". The dealer smokes weed on screen once and gets Earl's mom high on accident by second-hand smoke. Earl's dad (SPOILER) beats a "guard" of another drug dealer in the head with a bong of weed when forced to "take a taste." He returns almost two weeks later with police and busts them in the act. (SPOILER OVER) Violence is mild and some-what comical/slapstick, but many threats with weapons, manly guns, but sometimes knifes, beer bottles, and Joy threatens to hit people with a phone (one of the old-fashion types that are bulky and plug into the wall). Mr. Chubby threatens Randy with a gun when he says "boobies" in Chubby's strip club. (SPOILER) It turns out it's a realistic water gun filled with vodka. (SPOILER OVER) I would say the show has good role models, but before Earl found out about karma, he was a crook. He didn't kill, but he would steal "anything that wasn't bolted down." Those where his words on the "Pilot" episode. So it would vary of how you look at it, because the main point of the series is how he changes his life around and is, one by one, making up for his mistakes and crimes. But the show has a positive message about karma, but Earl learns about it the hard way. When he wins a $100,000 in the lottery, he is hit by a car five seconds after, and loses the lottery ticket. He is then hospitalized for three weeks, and watches the Carson Daily show and learns about karma, and when he picks up trash for how he has been a "litter-bug," (SPOILER) the ticket floats to his feet. So that's why he wrote his list. (SPOILER OVER) This is a great show, but only for mature tweens 12+

Do you know your kids?

It depends on the type of kid! Earl is a great role model! Even though he has been in a life of crime in the past he is trying to make up for his mistakes! But on the other hand there is a lot of sex and swearing! Just make sure you know your kid! Make sure you watch it first and then decide!

Stop being so protective parents

This show is awesome great messages and some good role models like earl. No violence. For language they say "sun of a bitch" every episode they say "ass" sometimes but nothing worse then bitch. A lot of show takes place in a bar where they are always drinking beer, earl smokes in the first 2 episodes but trying to quit, joy sometimes smokes, there is one episode where earl and his dad buy weed and are forced to smoke some out of a bong but it is not trying to say drugs are good. The main problem is sexual content mainly Catalina is a stripper and wears very skimpy outfits, shows pole dancing in episodes and implied sex in some episodes, but no actual nudity. Overall rating 4.8/5.0 and age rating 9+.

this tv show

I don't believe is meant for young kids ( 11 and younger) smoking is very common in the first 2 episodes and joy calls earl very rude names and expresses them on other things like a car. Drinking is big on this show. Earl makes great choices when he learned about karma. Also some racy comments.