Kid reviews for My Super Sweet 16

Not much to celebrate here; skip this party.

Teen, 17 years old Written byprettygirlbounce1 February 5, 2013

nasty program

I was absolutely disgusted when I saw this show, I think that the show is basically a way of showing how much a family has, money wise, in a lot of the episodes parents are moaning telling their child things are too expensive and at the end of it buy their 16 year old child a car and not just any car, cars that are well over the amount expected for a 16 year old, also I think that the parents like the attention as they agreed to be filmed in the first place the children have no respect the show is a way of making over parents who don’t have that kind of money feel bad

Kid, 12 years old January 11, 2012

Horrid

It is just about spoil rich kids getting everything. O what great role models. How kind of you.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPARIS101 March 12, 2011

The Best

love it

Teen, 13 years old Written byMissPrettyface March 1, 2011
I can not believe the extreme measures they go to to getting a perfect party. Now I have to admit, the parties they have are to die for but the way the girls act is ridiculous! Like say for example that one of the girls did not get the dress because the parents did not think it was appropriate (which rarely happens) she will hold a fit till the parents figure out something or get her what she wants! And they demand that everything is PERFECT!! Like one girl had fired three party planners and transferred the venue two times?? Its also awful to see the girls at times bullying people that don't get invited and one girl gave out the invitations in the front of the kids who would not get a invite. I saw that as something really bitchy. There is a hint of sexuality, like a girl to be escorted on a 'magic carpet' by bare chested men, or a girl who held a auction for sexy boys to become lifegaurds at her beach party. At times its great to see the effort to goes into party making and seeing people having fun, but warn you it can get bitchy and nasty!

Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina September 18, 2010

It$ a $hame they find that cute...

They go around making sure no 'losers' go to their party, thats so funny, they look in the mirror all the time, but can't see themSELVES as the losers. I could care less if I ever got an invite or not, its not going to crush me knowing I'm not going to some plastic bimbos party. "Daddy! Not this car!" -kidding me. They're a bunch of idiots, how could a person grow up to be so empty and shallow? I can't even see them as people anymore. I can't see this show, it just makes me too sad. This is where the money people despertly need is going. People are starving, while these spoiled rotten b*tches are complaining that nothing in their $800,000 dollar party is right. And to those that think I'm jealous, lol. Never. I'm not even close to rich, and I'm proud of it, I faced the real world that isn't made with the same stuff they make barbie dolls with. Those people want us to be jealous, and they think we are. The cold truth is, we just plain hate them, I try not to hate people, its agents my nature, but I've gone really close to hating these guys. They think they're hot and the best, when they're lowest to the lowest, and probably got hot with surgery. Its sad and pathetic, the only reason you should watch it, is to laugh at these guys, and teach your kids thats NOT how to act.

Kid, 11 years old August 17, 2010

My super psyco sixteen

My super sweet sixteen is everything but sweet. It's about spoiled rich teens (often girls) who want an extravagant sweet 16th. The show starts off like this: The girl comes in telling us about her lifestyle. There was once this girl named Savannah who said that to be in California, you have to be blonde, blue eyed, and tanned. And I have it all. I hate that girl!
The girl starts saying how she loves to shop and how her parents will get her everything she wants, etc.
Then they have to pass invitations.
There will be a crowd of people who are cheering and shouting, wanting to get an invitation. The brat chooses who's "hot" enough and her "friends". and probably now we should be talking about her dress. One time, a girl went all the way to Paris with a few friends because she couldn't find the dress she wanted in L.A. She flew all the way to France for a dress. The girl would usually go and buy any bling-bling over-the-top dress and jewelry. Now comes the part where the brats want a car, the part that makes me fall off the chair laughing. The kid sees a car she wants so much, like maybe a Merceded, a BMW, one girl got a 6-door Hummer, only one of those exist in the whole world. Will I give my kid a BMW for his or her birthday?
HELL NO
The car usually costs $120,000 or something in those lines. The kid comes to the parent stomping feet and sobbing and begging for the car. and "shockingly", the kid's birthday present from the parents is ALWAYS that car they were dying for. The party cost is usuallu $300,000. That amount of money flushed in the toilet in one night. On one episode, a boy and his mom were FREAKING OUT because the budget of the party was so low...and get this....The budget was $500,000....*shakes head in shame*
At the end, the girl fakes her surprise when she sees her parents got her that car. The room is filled with 400 people, so called friends who will disappear as soon as her wealth does. Whoa! that was such a shock!

Kid, 10 years old July 2, 2010
they always swear and are spoiled teens

but i luv it
Teen, 14 years old Written byheymondayfan October 25, 2009

Chill out! give us some more credit

haha, csm.org needs to chill out. mtv is NOT promoting this kind of behavior. i only watch this show to laugh at them because they look so stupid and don't even realize it. its obvious that the party goers are just using the teens too, when you think about it. we're not THAT dumb--we know when we're crossing the line.

Teen, 15 years old Written bynonbarbeeblond April 9, 2008

SHALLOW

IT SOO SHALLOW. But so halarious. The girls act rediculous. It's really funny, but a lot of girls my age would get the wrong impression and think that is how they should act.

DONT LET YOUNGER KIDS (12-14) WATCH THIS

(THAT Was from my mom lol.)
Teen, 14 years old Written byletre007 April 9, 2008

Wow..

Are these girls for real? Oh lets cry becasue mom got the wrong center peices or cause daddy didnt get my car...or because i didnt get my dress. These girls and sometimes boys are a bad example for other girls...and think they are better than other people of stating 'I don't want any losers at my party'. The only one I saw that wasn't a complete outrage was Aaron Reid's Young & Hot party.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuitelife April 9, 2008

Stupid!

This show is the worst thing that has happened! I once watched it and I wanted to burn the TV! The teens act so stupid, ditsy, spoiled, and they think people are their friends but they go to the parties for the popularity. This show is a disgrace to MTV.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShelbyBubbles April 9, 2008

Well...

It's definately a trashy show. It's a horrible example for young girls with spoiled rich brats throwing fits left and right, but sadly, for teenagers, it's FUNNY. I don't think any kid under 13 should be able to watch this show.

Don't even think about it.

In culture, Sweet 16 parties celebrate a girl's 16th birthday. The show encourages girls to be spoiled - just by watching it! My sister likes it and if MTV captures HER Sweet 16 party with all the stuff she learned from the show, ouch! This show must be canceled! It's filled with ungratefulness and - hey did MTV aired your SUPER sweet 16? We're gonna take you to Africa where no sweet sixteens are hosted here! (I don't live in Africa for the fact)
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Theres resons i don't watch it

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written bysweet dreams April 9, 2008

terrible show

i ABSOLUTELY HATE this show!!!! i think it sends the wrong message to kids and teens. i really don't know how the boys act, but the girls act so snobby and mean. the teens are stereotyped as being the typical "spoiled, rich kids" and they throw a major tantrum if they don't get their way. i know that sweet sixteens are important, but geez, at least show respect for your parents for spending your life savings on your silly party!!!! i can't sit through one episode of this show without wanting to clobber those girls for acting so disrespectful!!!! parents: DON'T let your kids watch this show if you don't want them turning into complete BRATS!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byprincess tweet April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008
The teens who populate My Super Sweet Sixteen are such brats that it makes my jaw drop. Unlike many of the reviews below me, I don't think that MTV is encouraging their behavior, but subtly poking fun of them. Notice how they always edit the show to make the teens look as spoiled as possible. I personally think that this show works as an interesting social study - it's truly unbelievable how spoiled these teens are, but it's incredibly funny and entertaining to watch them.