Kid reviews for NCIS

Upbeat but average crime show with blood, bodies.

Kid, 12 years old December 19, 2010

The awesomeness has reached full scale! Prepare the back-up Ziva-O-meter!

This is one of the best shows ever! What surprises me is the age everyone is giving this! I have a 7 year old friend who loves this show! People, NCIS was meant to be shared. The action is wonderful, with some humor and wonder splashed here and there. This is really a show for the whole family. WARNING!!! If you have a weak stomach, avoid! There are several autopsy scenes, as excpected from this kind of show.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMinto36 October 27, 2013

Might be a bit much for young kids

The shooting scenes and stuff are generally fine but the autopsys might be a bit much for young kids. Very gripping and addictive.
Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2011

great show and amazing characters

NCIS is a great show and the characters are amasing my dad and i have been watching this show since i was 10 and my little brother started watching it when he was 9 my little brother gets easily scared by some horror shows and he some times gets scared by PG nickelodeon shows but my brother didnt get scared at all i actually think he kind of enjoys watching them as much as i do. Many of my friends watch shows that are more gruesome and have more violance so they can watch it wenever they like i also have a friend who is younger than me by a year but is watching way worse shows than this so i would have to say i think 10 year olds and up can watch this show but it depends on where you grow up and how your parents are raising you.

Teen, 14 years old Written bysabreshank February 4, 2011

Awesome show, very little gore or blood

NCIS is one of my favorite shows of all time! Mark Harmon is an amazing actor, he plays Leroy Gibbs, one of the main characters. In this t.v. shows there is very little to worry about, the violence can get a little bad, but if you are like most kids these days, you have probably seen much, much worse on tv when your parents aren't home. Almost no cussing, though most kids hear way worse than any tv show on the bus. Very little sex, although nothing is shown. Great show, love the back of the head slaps.

Teen, 13 years old Written bydalekdefeater222 May 26, 2011

great if not for language.

amazing show for all ages. every once in a while you will come across an iffy scene but over all it is a great show. the profanity is the only noticable downfall.

Teen, 16 years old Written byacer45 April 10, 2013

ncis

Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 18, 2012

Cool!

NCIS is one of my favorites! It has action packed plots,great adventure,and many more! I highly recommend this show!
Teen, 14 years old Written byNCISBigTimeRushLVR January 26, 2011

great for ages 11+, but parents should watch it with the younger kids.

i'm 14 and i NEVER miss an episode. i have watched this show since i was 11, if they did do some things, it wouldn't rly bother or concern me. every week i watch it! i have nvr missed an episode. yea there is some cursing, but in my school, it's nothing u've nvr heard b4. they actually dnt say the worser(is that a word? when i say it my mom always corrects me and says its not right.)things that they say in my school. there is a little sexual behavior, but once again it's not like we rnt learning about it in health eventually. also there is fighting, but it's a crime show, what do u expect? seriously, it's funny anyway! even if they do do(hehe) some things, they make it rly funny.LOL

Kid, 12 years old January 25, 2013

Mature

I have been watching this show since I was 10 or 11. At first it was only ones that my mom had pre-watched and ruled okay. But now I am older and I have a facination in all the similar shows (NCIS LA, Blue Bloods, Hawiiee 5-0, Psych, NY 22, ect.) I will agree that I matured quicker than some of my friends so I understood that none of this was real. Gibb's holds his ground, and the whole team show's the spirit and care of a true family. ~Renne-Marie

Teen, 14 years old Written bytellefben July 16, 2012

Not the best show, but still worth watching.

Not the best "drama" show, but it might be one of the best "crime procedural" shows. It really depends on the episode. Some are more mature than others. Episodes in season 3, for example, have more sex. I find seasons 4 and 5 to be the best quality. Violence isn't really an issue; it airs at eight pm, the earliest prime-time time slot. Watch an episode - you may not love it but I guarantee that it's better than 'CSI,' etc.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymusiclover47 September 24, 2013

Really good, kind of bloody

The first time I watched this show, I was 6 years old. My dad loves scary movies and has showed me things like this from a really young age, so I was used to it, but I wouldn't recommend watching it at that age for most kids. Some kids mature really fast and can handle things like this from a young age, but I'd say kids 10 and up can handle it. It's really not that scary, but there is a lot of bloody scenes with autopsies and organs. There are several sexual innuendoes, but nothing is ever shown.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMolvyn January 1, 2013

Love it!

I think NCIS is great. There is violence and gore but I find that it is balanced nicely, it isnt too over the top. The characters are strong and positive role models and they bring a humor to the show which adds to its balance. Of the crime shows i have watched NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles are the two i find have the best characters. There is mild infrequent language and sexual innuendos but nothing extreme. Overall i highly recommend watching the show.

Teen, 14 years old Written byVladik June 9, 2013

12+

NCIS is a great show but it does have dead bodies, blood, sexual themes, and violence. My girlfriend has been watching it since she was ten and neither of us see any problem with someone over 12 watching it. If someone young watches it, they will probably miss the sexual and mature plots (unless you understand you will MISS it) and only see the main plots.

Teen, 16 years old Written bywhitney8355 April 15, 2015

This is Appropiate

I have watched this and I believe that it is perfectly fine. I have only seen seasons 1 & 2, it does have a little language and drinking and drugs but I have not seen any sex related stuff in it. It has also shown me to be careful where ever I go and to always to look around me as I drive or walk to or in somewhere.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCoolpool785 December 17, 2017

Great show, but has visible bodies, autopsies, and some mild shootouts.

This is one of the greatest shows of all time. It is totally binge-worthy for tweens that like any form of drama. This show combines action, comedy, murder mystery, thriller, etc. all into one. But violence is constant in every episode. It always starts out with the finding of a dead body. Some could be creepy or rotting, etc. Some could have grizzly details (tongues removed, eyes gouged, bullet to the head, etc.), and next comes the autopsy, where the body is cut open to find the cause of death, which could show gore. Some episodes involve serial killers, hostage takers, and even terrorists. Some episodes get have military forces involved. There is the occasional police vs. criminal shootout. NCIS agents shoot pistols, shotguns, or in some cases assault rifles and machine guns. Some blood spray when people are shot. Some agents die/get injuries on rare occasions, all are dramatic. Some criminals torture hostages for information. NCIS has exploded in popularity, resulting in to other versions and some action figures, and other merchandiser. But the squad in this show are all good role models, they all work together to stop the killer.

Teen, 15 years old Written bybiovox14 December 29, 2016

Great series, but sometimes pretty bad.

This is a great tv show, but is occasionaly has R rated content. It includes disturbing images, some nudity, and sexual comments. All in all though, its a great series.
Kid, 10 years old November 11, 2016
Age Rating (My Opinion) : PG Reasons (Age Rating) : Moderate Gore, Crime, Extreme Violence,

Teen, 14 years old Written bybooklovingsuperhuman June 3, 2016

Brilliant but gory crime show.

This show is well scripted, humorous, gripping, and intense. The shows flaw is content. While the autopsies normally ou show pg13 level gore, have seen extremely gory r rated ones before. Crime scenes can be gory as well. Mild cussing. Some sex as well. Should be okay for mature teens. Younger teens should be okay if you are there with them.

Teen, 15 years old Written byGln900 March 31, 2016

Incredible TV series!!!

Very well casted show, great storyline. Gets bloody There are times when autopsies are in progress and that can get kind of grusim. There are shoot outs in most episodes. Overall GREAT TV series.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytheman2312 March 7, 2016

NCIS

It's your average crime tv series with a little comedy mixed in. If it was a movie I would rate it PG-13 for Violence, Some languge, Sexual content, mild innuendo, and brief nudity.