Parent and Kid Reviews on

Nella the Princess Knight Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 15 parent reviews

Sort by:

"Oh my gosh" is frequently used.

I don't like how they say "oh my gosh" in every episode. I've not realized until reading the 'low star' reviews that it's true- there's no adults in the show, the unicorn Trink is super girly and exaggerates about everything and the characters do seem to be too hung up on appearance. Also, I have noticed the theme which is that Nella seems perfect and the other characters make mistakes frequently including bullying and lying to get their way. With that being said, my 4 yr old has enjoyed this show for about a month and until gaining insight on here, I almost didn't notice the negatives so they are subtle.

The best shows are on Nick Jr. and Nella is no exception. My 16-year-old thought it was for babies but after some convincing he became just as much of a fan as my family is.

I thought Noggin was got little kids.

This is full of junk. My son loves princesses and knights so I saw this and was very excited. Well in the first episode on the Noggin channel it said "evil wizard" like 10 times. And a minor character was a horrible person. They probably "resolved" it in the end but we didn't watch it through, too much garbage. Then there's all the vanity. Way too much focus on looking nice. We tried watching a couple more and they're all like that. Worthless show, very disappointed.

Awesome show

Great show for young ages great role models and cool characters.

Offensively Inoffensive

Every episode is identical. Nella never makes a mistake or does anything wrong, she's basically Superman. At least 50% of episodes have appearance as a major plot point. And it doesn't try to avoid any of the kids show cliches: highly saturated colours, skinny characters with huge eyes, high-pitched voices, constant upbeat mood, sparkly music, no adults ever. Very tedious to watch.

Full of sexist tropes

The female characters are too obsessed with designer clothes and how they look. I love the idea of a black female knight... I hate the way this show promotes awful sexist stereotypes.

Not appropriate for younger children

My daughter loved the ads for this show and was excited to watch. We watched an episode and I was shocked that a channel that has bananas in pyjamas, play school and other younger child viewing would have a show like this on this channel. In my opinion the themes, the characters (even though thought it was great to begin with who doesn’t love a Princess Knight?) and the whole show is just not appropriate for children that are watching this channel. I think it should be on the older kids channel not this one.

Nella the Princess Knight saves the day!

My kindergarten daughter loves this TV show. Whenever she comes home from school, she wants to watch this. She loves princesses and I think it’s really cool that she’s not just a princess, but a princess knight. Amazing show with a positive female main character. Yes Nella does carry a sword but this isn’t an issue. Great show, recommended.

Remember it's a kids show

I liked Nella from the moment I saw the first episode because she was a princess knight. My daughters are now "rescuing princes' which is so much different than many princess type shows and movies we've watched. Tie that it with her being biracial, which my daughters and so many other kids are, and she's a positive role model whom my daughters emulate when she shows strength, courage and compassion.