Kid reviews for Neon Genesis Evangelion

Neon Genesis Evangelion Poster Image

amazing anime!

Lets get one thing straight, Evangelion is probably one of the most well written and developed animes you can find nowadays. The franchise is consisted of 1 series and 6 movies. The story is about pilots that conduct giant humanoids to battle against angels. The goal of the pilots and the corporation that takes care of the pilots, prepare the attacks and are honestly in charge of everything associated with the EVA’s (NERV corporation) is to protect mankind from the third impact. Overall its a very complex storyline with mentioned topics of depression, anxiety, neglection and others and shouldnt be suited for audiences younger than 10-11. I believe that 12-13 year olds should already be able to watch but of course it really depends on their guardians choice. Id say that someone of that age would be able to watch it because I watched it when I was around 12 years old and besides it being very heartbreaking and having heavy topics in it, I was able to watch it without any major “side effects”. I would 10/10 definitely recommend it and I think that it really reflects with some teens nowadays as much as adults. A experience everyone can learn from.

For people starting in the late 12 - 13 age

Umm I honestly think the beginning of the show (up to episode twenty) is good for twelve year olds. (I mean some people kind of treat them like there like ten, but like they are in 7th grade and have sex Ed classes. I mean they can pretty much watch what an early teen can like if there like late twelve) but uh the show does have smoking and alcohol and stuff like that, it also has some some swearing and sexual references but does have some nudity, but it’s usually covered up and has no details. It also has some violence. But nothing a twelve year old can’t handle. But id say the end of the siries is probably not suitable for a twelve year old (but I ended up watching it when u was twelve :p) it gets much darker past then Mabey 13+. I have not watched the movies but I have heard that they are definitely 18+. I hoped this helps! =)

Don’t believe these other reviews.

All of these reviews are going off of kids from before the pandemic. A 13 year old nowadays is so different from one in 2019. This show may have some sexual themes but it never gets that bad, and if it does you usually can just skip through it. I know, you want your kids to stay innocent but that is not going to happen if they have access to the internet. I would know, I’ve had a phone since I was about 9. Anyways, what I’m getting at is this show DOES include some mature scenes but its no Euphoria (HBO max show) or anything, so don't worry too much. I think it teaches teenagers a bit and puts things into perspective. Personally, I loved it and would gladly watch it again when I have time.

Disturbing Series! Dont be fooled

till around episode 20, the show is appropriate for 11+ year olds. but after that the violence, nudity, horror elements skyrocket. Even Attack on Titan is not as a violent/disturbing as this. It may seem like some Mecha-Action-Shounen at first but dont be fooled. A disturbing show

NGE + EoE Overview

A Whole Overview of the Anime. (Does not include spoilers) First off - we start we Neon Genesis Evangelion, the beginning of this mid 1990s psychological, sci-fi thriller set in the year 2015 and was rated TV14 in Japan. Neon Genesis Evangelion (NGE for short) is a 26 episode season of the Evangelion “franchise.” As I said, there’s a psychological element to the anime that younger viewers may not understand. In the beginning, it’s not dark as such but just action-packed with a plethora of different characters that you meet later in the anime. Later - it does end up getting darker with sensitive subjects like suicide clearly seen or hinted towards. For the reader’s benefit, I’ve decided to make a list: Suicide - mild/occasional Alcohol - frequent/very present Drugs - only medical Smoking - very infrequent Nudity - infrequent (nipples and breasts but nothing sexual) Swearing - frequent; mild One thing I would like to note is that it is a fairly emotional anime. You’re likely to become attached to a character, so expect that upsetting things will most likely happen. For the second part of this, I’ll look at EoE, or End of Evangelion which is a feature length movie that replaces the final two episodes. It should be made very clear that this is very dark - in fact I’d wait until the youngest viewer is at least 13-14+ (dependent on the child). This does have a bit more nudity and also has a scene with the whole idea that one of the characters is masterbating and is evidenced a few seconds after. Alcohol - frequently seen Drugs - medical only Suicide - infrequent Smoking - infrequent Swearing - frequent; mild Well that sums up the main two parts of Evangelion. I may cover the rebuild movies but they’re not that bad at all - on the same level as NGE. Hope this helps and have a great day!

A fascinating anime that makes you think.

Absolutely NOT for young children. The story and characters are very complex and just wouldn’t interest a kid. On another note, the show has a LOT of nudity, violence, and contains scenes of sexual assault and offscreen sex.

Great, but depressing and gory anime.

I watched this recently, and enjoyed it throughout my binge. End of Evangelion will definitely cause emotions that may be uncontrollable. Anyone with a mental illness I would HEAVILY recommend watch this series!

very good show and movies

as a 13 yo i have watched all of it including the rebuilds on amazon, if your 13+ child is mature they would be able to watch this show, the show contains nudity violence and sexual references but nothing bad if you are 13+, you see a couple tittys about but thats fine....i think lol... it has a confusing story as well but if you have the iq over 100 you would be able to understand whats going on

Good anime, but..

I think NGE is a good anime (I prefer the manga), but there are a few things to note before watching it. There's slight nudity but it's usually in a humourous manor and is censored. There's also violence but it's mainly inside of mech robots.