All teen and kid member reviews for Ni Hao, Kai-lan

Kid, 12 years old January 13, 2013

Kai Lan says bye in Italian

It is the best except for one slight error. Kai Lan says bye incorrectly. I took Chinese class in 6th grade. The teacher (who is Chinese) said the correct way to say bye in Chinese is zei jen (si jen). Kai Lan says "chow". I have learned that "chow" means bye, IN ITALIAN.Maybe she is part Italian or Nick Jr never learned Chinese. It could even be that they lied to the kids because the real way to say bye is hard to pronounce. Also, I agree that the show is a little too violent because the tiger stomps around and is almost always mad. I think the rhino, koala and the monkey are adorable though. I think it would earn two more stars when they fix at least one of the problems
Kid, 9 years old November 10, 2012

NOT FOR ANY AGE!!!

THIS SHOW MADE MY LITTLE SISTER CRY!!! THERE'S MANY STUPID ACTIONS AND DUMB CRYING!!! I'D RATHER WATCH Tj's World ON Goanimate!!!! THIS SHOW IS NOT EDUCATIONAL AND NOT FUNNY AT ALL!!! I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ALL AGES!!! THIS SHOULD BE CANCELLED!!!!
Kid, 9 years old November 2, 2014

Why did my parents even make me watch tgis steaming pile of poop

I hear cussing like; $%^ )(*(*)(( !##VB THIS &^R$ pLIS they punch kick teach kids how nto be bad at school be mad and destroy school ect
Teen, 16 years old Written byX-Agent August 19, 2013

YOU THINK KIDS WANNA SEE THIS GARBAGE?!

This show teaches kids to kick and hit and stomp around! However I'm allowed to do that since I'm 16 years old and my brain is fully developed. However this show is horrible! Don't even get me started on how bad it is. This gets no stars.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDuper_Drew July 28, 2012

I didn't need to see that.

I hate it when they copy off Dora.By giving a kids show stupid stongs,and making the characters break the 4th wall! This show is pathetic! It's even pointless! The theme song is obnoxious and the animation is horrible! Stop copying off Dora!
Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina September 13, 2010

Pretty good, but I have a temptation to flick some characters in the nose..

Its quite adorable actually, the animation is cute, teaches Chinaes and what-not. But, the tiger, like trillions of others said, is annoying, and teaches children to stomp their foot and whine "I'm MAD" -I'm sure you are.. Also, the tiger (who's name I forgot) gets his way, the characters always get their way, weither they ask or whine (usually its a mix of both, or plain whining) For one, I saw this episode (There was nothing on TV and it was 6am) and they were playing musical chairs, OH. MY. GOSH. The koala and tiger BOTH got whiny when they got out and complained "I can't play with my friends!" The tiger got mad, and the koala ran off and cried (um, excuse me but many people do not like cry-babies, I should know because I was one) and they stopped playing the game and asked the dumbest question in the world "Why is he crying?" he was REPEATING it as he cried! "Cry-cry, I can't play with my friends!" and so it took them five minutes to figure that out, then they tried to confort him, and they changed the game so nobody would get out... um, in life, you loose, you do NOT need to go run away crying because you lost a game of musical chairs. He may be a child, but don't give him what he wants! Kids need to learn to except loosing, its hard, but it must be done. Otherwise I find this show remotly cute, and I'm sort of sure some kids may like it, but the attitudes and dumb questions are quite annoying. (I know, I'm too old to watch it anyways, but I just was curious-its the human way, and it is infact a KIDS show, and they try to make it simple. But I'm pretty darn sure toddlers would have figured out why the koala was crying much faster than the cast did consittering he was crying the reason outloud) Anyway, good show.
Kid, 0 years old November 25, 2015

kai-lan wanted the d?

he wanted the koala's d in the pilot episode XD
Teen, 13 years old Written byMadelineMini April 4, 2015

Why was this cancelled?

It has cute and colorful animation, plus good rolemodels and messages. Dora the Explorer is garbage, go watch Ni Hao Kai-lan!
Kid, 12 years old March 29, 2015

Great show for young children

I remembered I watched this show when I was small and I absolutely adored it.And by the way don't listen to the rude comments and let your kids watch this show.
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2015

No how is this show good?

This show is sooo annoying. It's also a bad example because the characters are all so spoiled and they have anger managment issues, because when the koala gets frustrated, he has a temper tantrum. But, little kids like it I guess.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGregoryMccormick123 June 24, 2014

It's garbage, but not as horendous as Dora.

It's better than Dora, but Kai Lan is still a really bad show. The animation is too bright, the songs are crappy, the characters are unlikable, and it's annoying. At least it's cancelled, it was garbage.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDsim64 June 14, 2014

What has humanity come to..... OK show.

Sure, the show depicts negative behavior in its' characters, but they learn the hard way in the end. This is why parents should watch with their children and talk with them about the characters' actions, otherwise they'll be negative and completely ignore the lesson.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKhalil Withers March 23, 2014

Ni Hao Kai Lan's 10 Year Return

I love that series, it should have villains and new characters. My own project will bring them back soon. That series has been cancelled for a long time. My own crossover with that series will be "Ed Edd n Eddy". It'll be called "Ed Edd n Eddy and Ni Hao Kai Lan: New Dimension", my own created character will be the main character of my own series, I hope you will love my project.
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2013

DONT LET YOUNGER KIDS WATCH IT!!!!!

My 2 year old brother learend some bad things from this show. He learnd things like " I'm gonna hit you!" and " stupid". Sure the charaters learn not to say it in the end. But come on! They are in pre-school! They are gonna pick up the language not the lesson! its bad romodle for little kids and its anoying! its awful. But my brother is learning some things like colors. But i think he is better off watching bubble guppies instead. I chose off as in turn the TV off!!
Kid, 11 years old September 14, 2013

Positive Show, Chinese Dora Counterpart (but better)

Good TV show. I occasionally look up an episode and watch it online. Some parents complain that Kai Lan is racist, but I don't think so. She is a girl in the country long ago, with her Ye Ye (paternal grandfather.) It does remind me of Dora, and yeah maybe it is a Dora knockoff, but its good and that's all I care. One thing that I find annoying is "Say it louder!!!" but Dora did that too. Positive messages. "You made my heart super happy!" -Kai Lan
Teen, 17 years old Written byReviewsandFun8910 August 30, 2013

Another abomination of children's television.

Kai Lan is just another ABYSMAL show Nick Jr calls "television". It's really repetitive, corny, and just WATERED DOWN. I've only seen the first episode, and it was so crappy, I never watched this show again. Just like Super Why and Sid the Science Kid.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMrMovieBuff July 14, 2013

You're joking, right?

Really? Another show that breaks the fourth wall? How creative (sarcasum). Nick Jr, you just get worse and worse everyday. This show is garbage and the songs are just idiotic. Ni Hao Kai-Lan is a disgrace to television. I hope it gets cancelled.
Kid, 12 years old May 12, 2013

It's cute,
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 May 7, 2013

Bland, cheesey, and hard to swallow.

Really annoying show. It will make the kids sing stupid songs and break the fourth wall all-day. That sucks. I really hate the characters. They are annoying and horrible. If I wanted to learn chinese, and had to pick between reading a book or watching this crap, i'd choose the book in a heartbeat.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRocketboy1998 April 9, 2013

What the heck is this?

Even though it is fine for little kids, it is utterly annoying. The songs are HORRIBLE. I'd rather listen to Justin Bieber than ANY song on this garbage. Yes, it sucks THAT hard. The animation is just gross and the theme song is very crappy. Avoid Kai-Lan at all costs, you'll thank me for saying that.