Parent reviews for Norsemen

Norsemen Poster Image

Based on 1 review

not for under 18

The show started out funny (for about half an episode) and we thought it might be worth watching, but it really turned quickly to inappropriate for non-adults. It’s not just that there’s sex and violence - but the way they are handled. Jokes about raping monks, castrating them, penis size, and a very graphic first scene of a dream about an orgy that end with two men (outside the dream) urinating on another. Violence and torture also depicted as humor. Coded gay character and his masculine wife used for jokes. All in all not worth watching even for adult viewers, it quickly got too gross and superficial.

Some humor to start with.. still dark but then goes downhill quite fast

But it quickly gets nasty and the jokes are for the immoral. Starts off with some mild violence of a guy getting punched but making it someone comical. Then goes to a guy who decides to end his life because it is tradition for elders to do so in order to ease the burden on their people. The rest of the people watch the first guy do it, for honor, and then decide that's not for them. Going forward to the part where I turned it off; the guy on the boat who got punched has some words with a guy he just met. The fellow he talked to didn't like what he said so he sticks his finger in his own butt and pulls it out with poop on it and puts it in the other guys mouth. I could only imagine it gets worse but that is too much. Completely disgusting and inept of morals in light of getting a few laughs from people who have very little.

Need the right sense of humour

I didn’t find it enjoyable to watch, it seemed stale and nothing held me to the show. Not my kind of humour. But it is easy to watch. A lot of violence/injuries and graphic scenes of violence/injuries, crude humour, implied sex/masturbation and nudity (despite no nudity rating). The nudity is only of women (fully exposed breasts) and old men in underwear, men are not sexualised but the second episode has a scene where women are pouring wine into a mans mouth in a dream and one woman is topless and a close up of her breasts is shown. I think in the first episode there might be a glimpse of a mans penis but it could have been his hand as he is peeing. I think there is swearing but I don’t remember hearing it - just assume that there is because it’s likely.

Funny show, Misleading descriptions

This show is funny and is much like Monty Python humor. It is misleading that in the "sexuality" section on this site it doesn't mention nudity. The first episode, while raunchy humor and violence exists, doesn't have any nudity. The opening scene of the second episode, however, is a sex scene with plenty of nudity. Unfortunately, that ruins it for me (not that I would ever let my kids watch this show) but if that doesn't bother you, this show may be great! I just thought it may help others to mention this since it's not listed where you would think it would need to be.