All parent member reviews for One Big Happy Family

Parent of a 12 year old Written byfrancine406 March 2, 2010

Get Family Show

Love this show, the entire family is awesome so much love in that family. Norris and Tameka has done a wonderful job in raising two beautiful children.
Adult Written byIheartmy4 January 19, 2010

Happy black families do exist!

I love the intact black married family. My favorite scene is in ep. 2, I think, where the brother holds his sisters hand when she is upset over the bad news from the doctor. Second favorite moment, When Norris re-proposes to his wife, Tameka. Not a dry eye on the screen or in my house!
Adult Written bysweetpea74127 July 30, 2010

Love, love, love, love it!!!!!!!!

I was overweight the majority of my childhood. Even though my parents were not overweight, I would have loved for them to workout and eat healthy with me during that period of my life. Tameka and Norris are very incouraging and nurturing parents. I love the fact that EVERYONE is involved in this life changing experience. As a family when something effects one person, it effects everyone in that family. There is strength in numbers and working on this challenge as a family will not only produce physical benefits, but it will also foster the importance of family, love, and support. I wish the Cole family all the best! May God bless them! :o)
Adult Written byTVJUNKIE January 23, 2010

I starting watching the show like OMG, these people are really heavy and unhealthy, but I got hooked on the positive engery and charisma that each family member has. I grew to love them, just the way they are. However, I want them to get to healthy weights ( not skinny, but healthy). I will continue to cheer them on. Great show!
Adult Written bydontazz2003 January 21, 2010

e.g. perfect for the whole family

this is a great show, helps kids and family know they are not alone and how to lose the weight without going on the show worlds biggest loser when you can not do the stuff they do but watching this family has help my family. Please do not cancel it I went to watch it and it is gone what happen.????
Adult Written bymissbrown January 16, 2010

Great for the whole family

I love this show, it is real life, everybody is not made to be a size 5, and this family is doing something about their weight so the show is not degrading to overweight people. I can't wait to see how much weight each family member lose by the end of the show.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bymommacat January 16, 2010

i think that it is a really good idea to have a whole family that are big girls and boys. that lets us see that our whole familys gain weight and need support of world around us.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byString Bean January 13, 2010

I love this show the fact that they are over weight and didn't let that destroy their self esteem is wonderful, and yet they have enough love and common sense to except the fact that it's not good for thier health and they are willing to work together as a family to become healthier is wonderful. It's a beautiful change to see people on tv that are not promoting sex,and spending money to create a false facade, and making young people as well as adults think they can't be happy if they don't look a certain way, or if they are not wearing certain name brand clothing. Thank you TLC you really got it right on this one, as well as many other quality shows.