Parent reviews for Only Murders in the Building

Language, some gory images in fun NYC murder mystery.

Adult Written bySuverCrew5 September 4, 2021

Fun, smart and too much language

What a cast of characters…literally Martin, Short and Gomez work well off each other, have developed complex characters and the plot line keeps you guessing! I can’t though give it 5 stars because I find the constant f*bombs & other expletives annoying & so unnecessary…and not sure how Common Sense Media didn’t catch that! I’m guess I’m supposed to assume all New Yorkers just has zero vocabulary that they need vulgar language all the time?

Parent Written bynikkilee74 September 4, 2021

Great show, horrible language

Let me start by saying this show is well written, funny, and highly entertaining. But the “F” word is truly pervasive throughout the show, going as far as mentioning someone being “finger-‘effed’” (using the actual word). Common Sense Media missed the mark entirely on the Language rating (certainly this is a mistake? It’s so obvious within the first five minutes of the show.)
Again, it is a great show, but if very strong language is an issue for you and your kids, this show may need a pass for now.

Adult Written byM3chae1 September 2, 2021

Amazing WORTH THE WATCH

literally the best show right now ok hulu and worth the watch. these three are an amazing trio and deserve more seasons together!
Adult Written byOphan September 16, 2021

Episode 2- Some dirty sayings about sex. Excellent show though.

In episode 2, Selena has a memory of the dead guy and they are cleaning out his apartment (the dead guy's) and has a memory that a blonde girl say something really vulgar ( and then they talk about sex toys. So, I would fast forward that one. We are watching with our teen because she LOvES martin s and steve. So, we are stuck. The F word is used every 10 min
Parent of a 18+-year-old Written byChris H. September 13, 2021

Great show, lots of F-words

First - the F word doesn't bother me or my teens most of the time. But it is used frequently and it seems unnecessary. As for the show (so far) one of my teens liked it and the other was bored. Much of the dialogue and plot reference events and people I know, not my kids. The generational gap between the lead characters is funny and engaging but more fun for me than my kids.

Adult Written byjennax September 1, 2021

Best Comedy Show of 2021

Its Really Funny And Unexpected Show in this time.
I Really Loved It.