Kid reviews for Pan Am

Pan Am Poster Image

Based on 1 review

It has its moments...

Pan Am is a good show, really. The women are really independent and strong. In the past few episodes, people have been having sex a lot more than what I expected. Overall, I think you should wait until you have a firm grasp on the subject matter before watching.

Too Much Sex in Recent Episodes - But Still Great Strong Women

I thought it was a wonderful time piece about strong women that stood up to make something of themselves before most women had the chance. But, it was only great until recently. Until the...5th (?) episode and beyond, it was great. Minimal cursing, next to no sex (only talk about Collette's affair with a passenger.) But Kate of course got promoted and had to sleep with a man for secrets. Then the characters starting bouncing off the walls doing it. The CIA courier plot is getting dull. Though, for any girl who does want to see the episodes without the sex (first 4 I believe are free of any) they will no doubt be empowered by seeing the flight attendants pursuing their independent lives as women in the early 60's. The best of the series so far is episode 4, "Ich Bin Ein Berliner." The women risk their lives to help someone keep theirs. Watch that one, but not the rest after.

It Has No Plot Whatsoever!

This time period drama about the Pan Am Airlines in the 1960s is not at all good. To be frank, there was not much conflict, but the conflict there was was very mild and succeeded in making the series dull. There is 1960's style drinking and if this series was made in the 1960s, it would have very obviously been advertising Pan Am itself. Only minor curses are used in the series and there is no violence at all. I don't believe that the role models were positive. "Adventure calls" was a line from Maggie (Christina Ricci) and was aimed toward the other Pan Am stewardesses. I'm in my seat watching this, and thinking, "How can adventure call for ME? I'm only watching this on my couch, watching them have fun, but what about me? In that sense, the role models are not positive.

It's worth watching!

I thought this show is very good. Sure, the passengers have some drinks here or there, and there are some sexual themes(like the women have to look their best, affairs, etc). It does show that for the 60's, woman could be strong and independent, unlike the show, The Playboy Club, which uses women as sex objects, which got a better rating than Pan Am. Really? I think it's iffy for 13 and under, but 14+ can handle it.