All parent member reviews for Paranoia Agent

Adult Written byJohann7 September 1, 2011

Bizarre, moderately disturbing, worth watching for genre fans

A thoroughly surreal postmodern anime series that explores reality as a function of consciousness, and the implications that this holds for a contemporary society that is in some ways deeply dysfunctional (e.g. the pressures of the capital marketplace, the results of antisocial or violent ways in which some people treat others). The story line is intensely cerebral and may be anywhere from mildly to seriously disturbing, depending on the viewer and episode. There is a considerable amount of violence, though most is implied and not shown on-screen. A couple of episodes deal with sexual assault and exploitation, and violent assault, self-harm, and externalized guilt are recurring themes. I recommend it for fans of anime, postmodern fiction, and Nihilism.
Adult Written byyakaboskib April 9, 2008

A great show for older kids

First of all whoever recommended Eureka Seven as a replacement for Paranoia Agent should go watch that show. Its just as voilent as Eureka Seven, if not more since they have left it mostly uncut on Adult Swim. Second of all its a good story about how two detectives are trying to solve the mystery of a kid on roller skates attacks people who are in an emotional corner with a baseball bat. I've watched the whole series. Its a good show. Not for kids by a long shot but older teenagers its fine for. Great story, great charcters, keeps you guessing till the end and then some. My kind of show. :)