All parent member reviews for Persons Unknown

Adult Written byluvbunni86 February 5, 2012

Caution.

I have watched the first few episodes and for the most part it is very interesting. There is alot of violence between the cast. And there is a young lady you bares her naked front to the camera (thats is watching them) while showing the viewers her back side wearing nothing but her underwear. Initially she shows up at the hotel in a very very short dress. and later gets hit on agreesively by one of the older men you grabs her and forces a kiss on her. One scene the hospital patient has everyone drops there pants to see this thing that was embedded in everyones skin. In the "other" world. A reporter and his boss get a little cozy in the hall of her apartment while she is dressed in a long shirt barely covering her behind. Then they disappear into her room. One man is seen smothering his wife in a brief scene, which later is discussed with him by another man and the smotherer doesnt say anything just walks out.
Parent of a 4, 7, 9, 11, 13, and 15 year old Written byMom28monkeys October 3, 2013

Disturbing

I started watching “Persons Unknown” recently with my 15 and almost-14 year old sons. For the first few episodes it was fairly clean and extremely interesting. The suspenseful story line draws you in quickly and it’s hard not to keep watching “just one more” episode before bed! Unfortunately, while the show starts out clean, it slowly and gradually spirals downwards. By the final episode, I was wishing that I had never started it in the first place. The show depicts psychological torture that becomes increasingly more and more disturbing, and eventually crosses the line into physical violence. I was disappointed when the bad language started increasing, but decided to stick it out because the rest of the show seemed to make it worthwhile to continue. Then the violence starting gradually increasing, and by the end of the season it was pretty intense. As far as I can remember, there wasn’t any actual sex in the show, but there are some suggestive comments and scenes: a man and woman in bed after sex; a woman dressing and behaving provocatively to try to manipulate a man to get something she wants; suggestive comments scattered throughout the season; and lesbian flirting, including a lengthy girl/girl kiss. (These are in addition to scenes that a previous reviewer already mentioned.) ****************************Spoiler Alert****************************************** I ended up finishing out Season 1, so that we could see how the story ends (it doesn’t, by the way! It segues into season 2, but the show was cancelled and they never made season 2). Towards the end of the season, though, I was watching it with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach; it left me feeling disturbed. In retrospect, if given a chance to do-over, I would not watch the show again.
Parent of a 8, 10, and 12 year old Written bylasvegasmom1 August 19, 2010

Very Intriguing Show

My whole family is very intrigued by this show. We never miss it. Whole crazily unplausible, it is one of those rare shows we are all interested in even with all of our different ages. Some of the psychological and physical torture/trauma scenes can be intense but it all goes with the theme of the show. I can't wait to see how it ends.