All parent member reviews for Planet Earth

Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byPapa Zaphod April 26, 2011
The Caves episode was great. Then we watched the Jungles episode, where there were the warring chimps; one tribe killed much of the other tribe, killed a baby chimp, tore it apart and ate it. Needless to say, not something for kids.
Parent Written byRUBBERDUCK1 November 18, 2015

Great documentary

This was a great and deatailed documentary
Parent of a 8 year old Written byWeety July 20, 2010

LOVE IT! A little scary for younger kids (animal hunting/death).
Parent Written byhools June 15, 2009

Great for preschoolers if you can fast forward or mute . . .

Our daughter, who is almost 4 watches very few children's shows, none of them violent. We've watched the entire Planet Earth series with her and she loves it (and so do we). When we see what appears to be an intense predator/prey scene with her, we mute or fast forward. She lets us know what she's comfortable watching, or not. I think it's good to inform children early about the circle of life, as well as the fact that when we human beings eat meat, animals are killed. This show provides a forum for doing that, among other things.
Adult Written byatomic_incinerator January 30, 2009

Absolutely stunning

This series is absolutely mind blowing, I watched them all and was absolutely blown away. The camera work is incredible
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

Magnificent, Stunning, Amazing for All!

Stunning... Planet Earth goes where no show has gone before. It captures beautiful images and animals that no one has before captured on film. There is no sex or language. The violence is breif and mild, predators hunt their prey and are briefly shown eating it. Some mild blood is shown briefly. This series shows on Discovery Channel on cable. Also, you can capture the entire series on DVD, with four discs of the series and one bonus disc of special features. Highly reccommended!