All parent member reviews for Pokemon

Adult Written byParranormalHour February 5, 2012

Honestly people!

Again this review is because every one likes to insult some of my favorite kids tv shows. I remember I was four when i started watching this my cousin (He was 5 at the time) and we grew up just fine. Now on to the questionable stuff, yes the pokemon fight and what scary monster are there! If you want a semi scary tv show with horrible mythology you should be watching YuGiOh. Back to the point, there is violence but no blood or anything (1 ep. subbed in english with a gun). Now about the 'sexy stuff' really? I walked into a bookstore and saw a 12 yr old wearing daisy dukes and showing bra straps (Not that she needed a bra) through her tank top. The clothing designs on pokemon are cleaner than that. Yes there is product placement then again this show has very little plot and some how they have to make money because I wouldn't buy their movies or dvd's
Parent of a 2, 4, 8, 10, 14, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byparentof7 March 2, 2015

its adorable

cutest anime ever my kids love pokemon
Parent Written byJugraj November 10, 2012

A good anime at one point, and now utter nonsense and one of the worst shows, even for CN.

I give this show 5 stars for its first eight seasons, and 0 for its latter seven up until now. Anything after Advanced Battle is an absolutely pitiful joke and the next seven seasons are not recommended. The voice acting from Advanced Battle-BW: Rival Destinies is horrendous- it should be noted The Pokemon Company International fired all members of the original voice cast and has banned many from working on the anime again. It should also be noted this show is now a clear attempt at getting money from you and wasting your life away. It WAS a good anime, it did preach good morals for kids (it does so now hypocritically), it did used to teach kids to do the right thing, but now it's just something any true fan would refuse to watch. I would rather not see kids poisoned and money wasted on this once great show- it just gives them more money to take from you and your children. And they use it to make more money and more money. Let the show be put to rest, it's been 15 years, let it end at last.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byRosster12 March 31, 2010

Dating Concept

sigh k heres the thing ive grown up with pokemon from like day one when it first started out my whole childhood gotta have thing (every child generation has one we all know this) was pokemon and anything to do with it so i do know what im talking about cause frankly it never stopped for me it always awsome but my god the shows today are sooooooooo bad like ok the voice acting seems to have actulley gotten worse while the twinkly lights and flashing sounds are enhanced (but hey thats most of the reason we watch it) thing is is that there into their 12th season and ash doesnt even get the concept of dating...is he gay is he supposed to be dateless like seriously pokemon has thrown in the love concept once in a while but not in anything grand but not once have they had one of the girls traveling with ash ever kiss (which when u think about it today kids are seeing that waaaaaay more than on pokemon and its only kissing for crying out loud) whether or not the producers have any idea how to use that concept cause theyve defintly thrown die in there more than once and ive seen kids shows seriously avoid that and its not that big of a deal anyway also its just a kiss or kissing its nothing major like sex and all that jeez man get with it oh and if they do decide to get ash a girlfriend i beggin not dawn cause well ahem ya shes really not that good mays the best in my opinon but mistys also awsome so ya its good for 7 and over but raise it to where avatar last airbender rating was that was fine
Adult Written bypunk_butters April 9, 2008

...zzz...

No offense to you poke nutz, but this show is a real bore. I used to love pok'emon, but as they got into their second season, I couldn't help but notice they repeated the same plot over & over. A guy has a problem w/ his pok'emon, Ash comes & tries to help him deal, Team Rocket comes to steal Pikachu & that 'troubled' pok'emon w/ yet another huge, expensive machine,(aren't they suppost to be poor?) the 'troubled' pok'emon solves its problems & beats up Team Rocket, Pikachu blasts them off. Sound like every episode's layout? & what's w/ the pok'emon being slaves? Having them kill each other for fun?
Parent of a 4 and 13 year old Written bydirelan March 8, 2014

Values the importance of friendship and teamwork

I remember watching this show when I was in high school. There are important lessons in each episode. I have been able to go over the lessons with my son, and there is less violence than many other shows for this age group. I do not agree with the reviewer on this site. If this show did not have the video games or card games, it would still be awesome. There have been other shows that have tried to promote a product, and they have not lasted nearly as long.
Adult Written bySeth88 September 30, 2012

Anime you shouldn't be concerned about

Pokemon is probably one of the most "safest" Anime's out there that's ACTUALLY targeted for smaller kids. Majority of Anime and Manga Cartoons (and comics) is targeted for more mature audiences. The first Pokemon Movie (Mewtwo Strikes Back) is probably the only thing parents should be concerned about, it's a lot more darker and violent than the actual Pokemon series. Other than that, it's safe for kids of all ages.
Adult Written bymrgrimjaw August 10, 2012

defineding pokemon

pokeymon is one of my most fave childhood animes its very good for 6 yearolds. pokemon came hear in the late 90s. its about this boy named ash kestume he chases after his dream of being a pokemon master. the voules you kids will learn friendship. and how to follow your dreams. doubt listen to those Christan nut jobs they daunt know what they are talking about. i watched pokemon and look at me now i am a very reposeful adult .
Adult Written byBeckstar November 1, 2011

used to be a great show

I started watching when I was about 7 or 8 years old! Pokemon is a fantastic show. Sadly, it went pretty downhill after Misty left and even worse not long after Misty and May are introduced. I stopped watching not long after they came into the show. The characters are pretty likable. The show is not the same as it used to be. It's about fighting about 99% of the time. Long gone are the emotional and heart warming scenes from the first 5-6 seasons, but now it's all battles and more battles. Even the films are rubbish now. If your kids weren't brought up with the 'old Pokemon', then it's O.K. But being brought up with the show, it's really disappointing. It seems to be more of a marketing plot to get money nowadays. The show isn't sexualised, apart from some tops that show boobs sometimes and any episodes that had any 'questionable' material was removed from US television. Brock also gets 'mental' everytime he sees a girl. At times he can be a bit inappropriate about it. I remember in one episode he is dreaming about his wedding and he says "We aren't going to the reception, we are going straight to the honeymoon" or something like that. He also has said some 'questionable' slightly sexual stuff about women, but it's hardly ever said. It's very comical though. Kids won't notice it. Pokemon is not an EVIL show, even though it has had 'evil' Pokemon fighting parts. Ash and Pikachu have a wonderful relationship and they truly love each other
Adult Written byAce3727 June 28, 2010
i love it!
Adult Written byMMLink October 1, 2014

CSM gave a poor review.

There are a few points that the review missed; one being that it began as a game series, and consumerism is just a poorly-articulated excuse. If the site can see the honest messages hidden on the crassness of shows like South Park (of which I am a fan), then they should be able to see the positivity of Pokemon.
Adult Written byRarityfan October 24, 2013

Pokemon are alive

Pokemon is still alive and kicking after the end of the Millenium where people prayed for the World not to end. Now Pokemon still lives with memes, games and more. Back in last decade the Pokemon were fresh and hyped. Fans of all ages gathered. The first part had been about how Ash got his icon Pokemon Pikachu. Other episodes was about the infamous Porygon and Tentacruel. One episode got banned after James got in drag. There are many girls dressed in bikinis through the show. As shows how he and his friends stand up agianst bullies and powerful villains. The show has a lot of explosions, but much of the violence is comical. Pokemon is not anything to educate with, but you learn about Asian culture. Of merchandise there are still t shirts, playthings and much more especially if you come to the German speeching countries.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bybreawycker August 13, 2009

it's the best for kids

i love it and my 11-year old does too
Parent of a 2 and 17 year old Written bytmac2 July 21, 2009

Pokemon

I like it.
Adult Written byadultswim April 9, 2008

Not for children under 11

I don't think children under 11 should watch this show because of the violence.
Adult Written bycagseg April 9, 2008

OK for all kids

While this show is centered around the sport of fighting, the good definitly outweighs the bad. Ash and company always play fair, try their best to do the right thing, and display great concern for the wellbeing of their pokemon. The battles never result in death, and the pokemon are obviously designed for their lot in life, as shown by their evolution aspect. Pikachu's obvious love and loyalty for Ash speaks highly for the concept that good treatment will result in a happy pet.
Parent of a 2, 4, 12, and 17 year old Written byUnmenow2003 May 6, 2016

Seasonal Rot ever since Black and White. Otherwise awesome.

This is wholesome entertainment. Sure, the games are still better, and all of my kids are huge Nintendo fans, but they also enjoy most animes as well. Pikachu is so adorable. However, it wasn't the same ever since September 2010 (Season 14). The plots were boring and repetitive, the characters were unoriginal jerks/idiots, Iris was the biggest jerk you've ever seen, and Team Rocket doesn't appear anymore.
Parent Written byLuciano Coronel April 23, 2016

:D

:D
Parent of a 1, 3, 7, 12, and 16 year old Written byCrappola March 20, 2016

YAY!

Best kids anime ever. Sadly, this show was subject to seasonal rot since the Unova arc. Iris is a full-fledged jerk, Cilan's a naive airhead who's always happy, no matter what. Indigo League was the best! Anything trying to imitate it (Digimon or Robopon, anyone?) should've been stabbed out of existence on their first day.
Adult Written byMichael Loughrie February 15, 2016

It's weird!!!!

I don't get it!!!! Their eyes are too big!!!!