Kid reviews for Popeye

Popeye Poster Image

Based on 1 review

"Popeye" review

It's an okay show. Violence: This show contains frequent violence (most of it cartoonish), which was popular back when it first aired. Drinking/Drugs: Popeye smokes a pipe, but that was accepted back then. Also, Popeye eats spinach to make himself stronger, which I guess could be seen as a drug, but it's spinach so it's not really bad.

Slightly violent but appropriate enough for kids

This is a classic T.V. show that is totally awesome and child-friendly. While there is some violence, it is very cartoony and unrealistic. Here's the scoop: Violence 3.5/10: While very cartoony, some parents might find the "mild" violence a little too much for kids under 5 or 6 (Popeye gets his head shut in a table by Bluto, Bluto chokes Popeye while doing a magic trick, and there are some sword and fist fights.) While slightly violent, they manage to keep it on a family-friendly level, without blood and/or gore, but sometimes black eyes and bandages. Sex 2/10: Bluto seems to lust after Olive (not obvious to little ones but it is clear that he really is infatuated with her.) In several episodes, he tries to force her to kiss him (one where he is in a very lustful state with his tongue sticking out.) Both Popeye and Bluto fight over her and one eventually wins her over. Popeye and Olive kiss occasionally (usually with the camera turned.) None of this, however, is too inappropriate for children. Language: 1/10: No cussing or slang, but insults like "runt" and "double crosser" are used. Smoking 4/10: Popeye smokes a pipe, Bluto occasionally smokes cigars and cigarettes. Positive message 7/10: Teaches kids that spinach is healthy and will make ya strong! Entertainment and funny 8/10: Very fun to watch and overall a positive show

Funny

I EAT MY SPINACH!!!!!!! AND MY WHOPPER's

For People 5+

It's good for almost all 1.Off for 0-3 2.Iffy for 4 3.5+ on I did this because Bluto uses an Oven as an Bomb WTF

Don't you just wish they had stuff like this on T.V. now?

I admit that I am a Popeye fanatic. He was back then what we call now: "THE MAN!" Violence between Popeye and Bluto is the basic bad thing about the cartoons. Every once in a while you'll see a charecter smoke a cigar, and Popeye always has that pipe in his mouth. The Grown-ups will just need to talk about what was tollerated on t.v. back then is very wrong. Popeye is a good rolemodel for small kids. So little-ones, EAT YOUR SPINACH!

I LOVE POPEYE.

I LOVE POPEYE HE'S MY FAVORITE.

its funny

popeye is a great childrens show that isnt too violent and in lots of episodes popeye was a great role model because studys showed that in that in tha 1930 that 30% of kids ate more spinach and popeye rocks!
not rated for age

A very funny and entertaining classic

Now in terms of children, I think this is okay for them, but it's true what commonsense says, the show can get very violent, even more than Looney Tunes. Also, in the classic Popeye episodes, it's true that Popeye's a good guy, but he has serious anger issues to work out. Even his theme songs says so. It clearly indicates that if you make him in the slightest bit mad, he'll send you beyond the hospital. Now this is the old episodes, in which a few were banned (Mostly for racism and world war propaganda) but the newer episodes were more tame. Certainly they were violent too but they weren't as bad and Popeye seemed like more a role model in those episodes. My favorite thing about this show is that it proves something. I hated how Popeye was always being beaten by that fat chunker Bluto but in the end, he would always win and that proved that there was justice in the world. Sad to say, something commonsense forgot to add is that a lot of the time, Olive seems to be a bit of a two-timer, hypocrite and some other words you can come up with. There's only 2 episodes where Olive gets what she truly deserves, Popeye dumping her on the spot.

Wish Was on tv