All teen and kid member reviews for Prison Break

BAD

This show has way to much viloence and sex. I would recomad this show to any one 15 and up. Parents be careful if your child watches this I'ts not godd for young viewers even I can't watch it anymore and I am only 11. So please take my advice, this would be great w/o all the viloence and sex. I think it should have ben rated TV-MA
Teen, 14 years old Written byCoolKing1221 April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 December 5, 2011

Interesting show

This is a pretty good show. There is some sexual bits but it's mainly the violence and profanity. Sometimes things were confusing, but I usually was enlightened by it. Also, the character, T-bag seems kind of useless to me in later seasons. Overall it's pretty good. :-)
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheHonestGuy July 9, 2014

Great thrilling show, very violent

I watched this show mostly when I was 14 I think, on Netflix. I was actually very surprised at the level of violence and sexual situations. There are many episodes involving prisoners who rape other prisoners. One of the main characters who is in the show for (spoilers) all 4 seasons, nicknamed T-Bag, was sent to prison for raping and killing six young boys ("Not always in that order" says a character) is an extremely violent, psychopathic, rapist and pedophile. At one point when he is out of prison in Season 2 he tries to seduce a young girl (Around 14 years old). When she tells her dad T-Bag kills him and steals his car. In Season 1 while T-Bag is still in prison he rapes a young man and causes him to commit suicide by hanging himself with bed sheets. A main character is locked in a cell purposefully by a guard with a known rapist named Avacodo. He is raped multiple times by the man. The guards turn a blind eye to this. A gangster cuts off the main character's toe with garden clippers. A man is tortured in Season 4 with syringes under his nails. People are water boarded, buried alive, whipped, put into plastic containers in the sun, starved, and tortured with bad smells. Many innocent people are senselessly killed, especially by the disturbing character T-Bag. Some characters have sex off screen. This show has so much violence and rape and sexual content I was actually a little surprised. When I talked about just a little of this material to my brother he questioned the show's rating. Now, having said that, I think the show is really entertaining and I think many young people will be able to handle it. It has many tense moments and keeps you occupied for a long time. This is one of my all time favorite shows. If anything, this show teaches kids that living the life of a criminal is horrible and prison is a bad, bad place. It shows that running from the cops forever is bad and it shows the consequences of bad people's actions, violence, and rape. Maybe just guide your kid as you watch this show with them.
Teen, 17 years old Written byarman1234k January 27, 2016

Prison Break (Season 5 returning)

I was 11 years old and I used to independently watch this show, Watching it for the first time was an unforgettable and an emotional experience, and it is very insulting seeing what common sense media has said about prison break because the show contains some positive messsages.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTommo Peaceful May 24, 2014

Elusive drama offers great action and mystery.

The FOX Network's "PRISON BREAK" is a fascinating show. The first season, in which a architect attempts to break his brother out of an Illinois prison, is one of the 21st century's TV highlights. The second season, in which the two attempt to evade police forces, is action packed and offers great insight into the character's flaws. The third season, unfortunately, is slow and repetitive (despite being the shortest season by a considerable margin). The final season is fantastic, mystifying and tops off the whole series well. A mostly great and highly recommended series.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy September 1, 2012

Great show unless you let your kids watch it.

I LOVE Prison Break! It has amazing drama,ect.But don't let little kids watch it.Because it might freak them out.So yeah,you need to be VERY careful with Prison Break.

pretty good!

Prisonbreak is a good show, but you shouldn't see it unless you're 14 or up. My parents watch it and they like it a lot, but I think it's a little violent. So you might want to hesitate if you're under 14, but otherwise, it's a good show!
Teen, 14 years old Written byShane Craig February 2, 2014

Amazing....Just fantastic!

I am 13 years old. I just finished watching this whole series about a month ago. It was an amazing series that and it was also very addicting. However, I was allowed to watch at 13 years old. But parents should know that this show is very violent and to watch out for that. The character, T Bag is a sexual predator and that is why he is in prison. What he did is only talked about and not shown. Prison Break and 24 will always be my favorite tv shows of all time.
Teen, 16 years old Written byEmily879 December 28, 2013

Great Show

Prison Break is amazing! The acting is awesome! I understand that some people think that violence is a big deal, but really it's not. I would be worried about little kids seeing the "violence", but it's a really good show.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywainy2011 March 10, 2011
Ammaazzzinnggg!!! love wentworth miller and dominic purcell ;)
Kid, 12 years old November 10, 2009
this tv show is amazing!!!!! u have to watch it its great!! lots of drama and addiction to it u want to see every thing of it! i love this tv show! all the seasons are great! i would recomended this 100%!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byaudioslaved April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byjaney. July 26, 2016

Fabulous, but violent

I started watching this show at 13, and I really enjoy it. The plot is extremely complex, but fascinating. There are sexual references, and a couple is seen lying in bed next to each other for a brief time. However, the show focuses on the characters more than their sexual escapades, for a mature teen, it should be no problem. Violence is abundant, it is after all, a show about violent people, but violence is not the overwhelming message of the show. Some of the characters such as L.J, Michael, McGrady, Tweener, Sarah, Lincoln, Veronica, C-Note, and Sucre show the definitions of perserverance, kindness, and devotation throughout the seasons. It certainly has it's fair share of hardened and despicable criminals, but they are understood quite clearly as villains. Mild swearing occurs, but nothing too extreme. All in all it is a fabulous show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThemessiboy May 1, 2016

Best show I have ever seen

I have finished watching all 5 seasons of prison break and it is the best show I have ever watched, sometimes there is a lot of violence but it makes it more suspenseful, and to be honest there are not many really violent scenes, so it's defiantly worth watching.
Teen, 17 years old Written byGreyJediAlex February 22, 2016

16+ rating is overkill

I always check the ratings on this site before watching a show and my usual limit is 14, but I figured I'd take a chance with this one. It definitely has its cringe-worthy moments, but it isn't as graphic as the review suggests. The inappropriate threats from prisoners are implied, but never shown. To me, its all realistic considering its focused on prison. The main character is also an excellent example of selflessness and he can't stand violence. The overall message of the show is to help others, especially family, even if you have to put everything on the line to do so.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCoolcolourofpink April 6, 2015

Good show, but very inappropriate for under 11's

This is a good show, and is fine for me to watch (I am 15), however, my younger sister who is 11 was absolutely terrfified. Even the first episode was much too violent for her, especially the torture section where the main charater loses a toe.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymcs123 June 3, 2014
Teen, 14 years old Written byDBreeze January 15, 2014

Excellent Show

This is honestly this is one of the best shows ever, too bad it doesnt get as much recognition as other television/netflix series. Its very suspenseful, addicting, and exciting. Yes there is violence but I think anyone from the age of 14 can watch. ******SPOILER ALERT******* the ending will probably leave you in tears but the whole theme has a great message.
Kid, 12 years old September 25, 2012

wonderful!

love the show but there is some bad stuff but i just skip it. I would say like 13 and up. so over all wonderful show!