Parent reviews for Property Brothers

Property Brothers Poster Image

Do not deal with this guys they crooks

They show you one house very expensive and after they show old house which must be remodel .The price is very high for what they do.In one episode they charge $3700 to install 1000 sq ft of 1/2'' plywood .The materials cost aproximaly $ 800 and they charge labor $ 2900 for 10 hours work one person. They change the price all the time . Take min 3 estimate before make any decisions. I work in constraction for more then 30 years and i never see the prices like this.

Appropriate TV show, but not in person on tour!

We've watched the Property Brothers as a nightly wind down show since my daughter was 11. While clearly acted and staged in parts, it's a fun watch. My kid always though it would be fun to meet them, so this year, I took my now 16 year old to their tour. Be aware that their show is geared to more the older woman (50, 60 +) demographic, and as such at times is not appropriate for a young girl (not obscene,but sexual innuendo and jokes definite, and self admiration of their own bods a definite-one runs around in a skimpy santa suit, several near naked pictures, waves a speedo suit around, etc.). For the younger kids, it will go over their head. It could burst your older kids bubble more than a little. However, the show does come around to where they appreciate the audience and discuss the need for charity work and share all the charity work they have done, so that saves the day. It just wasn't what we were expecting - singing, dancing, strutting, etc. Came away more away of their history of male modeling and acting than renovating and real estate.

Not for families or homeowner of the middle class.

Many homeowners are actually frustrated with the type of contractors out there. It is usually difficult to find a quality, efficient and ethical contractor in a decent price range without going high-end. It has become very frustrating. So, when a homeowner is trying to fix and update areas of their home in a quality manner with style, it becomes very frustrating watching the property brothers and others "dreams come true" projects (which are high-end). If there are more contractors in a reasonable price range like the property brothers, then life would be easier. But there are not. So, I can't watch this show anymore because it is unrealistic and frustrating. It's so much easier to find an electrician or painter only. I am beginning to despite the word contractors because many of them gave their own profession a bad rep.

Used to love it until i found out the truth!!!

I used to love love love this show. Watched it 24/7! But it all changed when i saw them at a home improvement store. My husband went up to them trying to see if we can get some work done by them and they told him sorry that they dont do that and the whole show is acted out . Its all fake, they pretend to be stressed about the money and that those people "buying & selling" houses, are all actors!!!!. Very disappointing. . .

By far my favorite show

Besides being gorgeous their so funny and very intelligent. I love their designs. I just watched their show about their own home and it came out incredible!!! Very fun! A water slide, a huge infinity pool, an outdoor movie theatre type. Just a huge fun space.

Property scammers

Well where do I start , first they bring you to a beautiful house wich you can't afford , then they bring to houses that are 50 years old then they say that they can make it look modern, but anyone smart will never deal with these guys

The Most Surprising Staple Show

I watched one episode of the Property Brothers with my family and we were all hooked. It is seriously fun for everyone. It was absolutely surprising when I went to a friend's house and bonded with her mom about the show, and even more surprising when I went to University and a guy brought it up, solidifying our friendship. I had no idea so many people were into it, but considering the show's quality I really shouldn't have been so surprised. The brothers have superb TV personalities. They have great tolerance in high-stress situations (home owners concerned about renovations), are hard-working, are light-hearted, and are sincerely working for the home owners' best interest. Even when a brother does a lot of work and a home owner changes their mind, they are very complying without being dishonest about the problems the home owner caused. They are absolutely great with kids and animals too! They really show how to be tolerant and giving. They occasionally give something special to the home owners, and sometimes they even receive something in return. They are super appreciative of any thoughtful gifts. The show is centred on buying a house and renovating, but there is no stress on consumerism. Sometimes items are brought off the street and given a little face-lift, other times they are bought from regular distributors. The focus is always one hundred percent on the home owner though (maybe with an occasional quick glimpse of a brand or a Subway sandwich). I love the devotion to the customer. It is a great show suited for all ages and good for quite a few laughs as well! This show has become a staple for my family and friends.