Parent and Kid Reviews on

Ragnarok Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 7 kid reviews

Sort by:

Fantastic show, wouldn’t appeal to younger kids as much as the cover suggests.

Watch this show. Tackles a lot of important social issues while tying them into the supernatural theme of the show. Watch in the original language, though!

!!!BEST SHOW I’VE SEEN IN A WHILE!!!

Ragnarok is a great movie that centers on climate change and Norse Myth, which is perfect for the setting in Odda, Norway. Magne Seier (David Sjøholt) and his brother Laurits (Jonas Strand Gravli) move to the town of Edda with their mother Turid. Very soon, Magne starts to realize that things in Edda are not as they seem. Fans of Rick Riordan or Mythology will love this. LGBTQ+ We stan Isolde and Laurits ❤️. Major character death may be triggering. I rated this show 13+ because: 1. It’s directed at teens anyway, most things would fly by kids heads or would not be appropriate for them; 2. There is cursing, a non-graphic sex between the principal and two minors, a scene where a man reaches down into the bath(which is filled with milk) and tells his wife that he would soon have to start asking if he could take her. Adults know what that means and we teens are not too innocent to know what he’s doing. There is also a scene in which two teens are about to have sex, but nothing is show, just kissing. There is also quite a lot of cursing i.e. first episode, Laurits says, “For f***s sake.” Parents should also know that there is heavy drinking in which multiple minors get drunk in multiple situations. Minors smoking, alcohol, sex. The story is very good though and I won’t leave any spoilers, but I would say to spare your teens the embarrassment of watching such scenes with their parents, watch it on your own time, then let them watch it by themselves and then talk about it. I’ll also mention that their is a character death on the first episode and may be triggering for some people. That is all. PLEASE WATCH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A MELHOR SÉRIE QUE JÁ VI

Empatado com Death Note, essa é a melhor série que já vi. Violência 4 Lutas sangrentas e animais morrendo em cenas agoniantes. Um pai é visto chutando, socando e golpeando o filho no meio da noite. Um cachorro monstro é morto de forma angustiante: Magnis se defende puxando a boca do cão em direções contrárias e espirra muito sangue nele. Um homem arranca o coração de um animal e o come com um tom extremamente realista. A violência 3 realista e sangrenta. Sexo 3 Nudez traseira masculina no ep 1, muitas referências sexuais e uma diretora do mal leva 2 alunos para a sala dela e faz sexo com eles. Nada é mostrado e a cena dura cerca de 12 segundos. Linguagem 4 Muitos palavrões fortes com a frequência moderada: P*ta, P*rra, Car*lho, F*dido, F*da-se, M*erda, C* Bebidas, Drogas e Cigarro 3 Muito fumo e adolescentes bebem e ficam bêbados. Uma família de gigantes embebeda o Magnis com uma bebida de deuses. Uso de maconha.

Not for young kids

Moderate sex, nudity, strong violence and moderate bad language

YES! YES! YES! YES! AMAZING!

Episode One Review: There is something darkly beautiful about the way it was filmed and the environment in which the characters live in. There is a small bit of swearing. Common in any teenage or above show. Nothing too harsh or outright awful. If you are learning Norwegian...great show to watch if you are into Fantasy shows and want a great learning experience. If you are watching it for the Norse Mythology, there is a few references to it. For instance the town’s name is Edda and I am assuming this is after the Prose and Poetic Edda that are historic literary works which are partially the reason we know of Norse Mythology in its entirety today. The teacher in the show gives a brief explanation to his class about Ragnarok. The protagonist Magne can somehow summon lightning...it doesn’t appear that he knows himself that he was able to do that. It seems that more Mythology references will come in the later episodes. As for Violence or Scariness...very minimal. The character named Vidar does rip a heart out of a reindeer and there is much blood (as to be expected) he also eats the heart and I am not sure why. The character (SPOILER) Isolde does paraglide straight into power lines and she falls to the ground blood smeared on her face. So now I’ve watched the first four episodes. Yes, there is some romance. If your child has watched Riverdale before, they should be able to make it through. The Norse Mythology has gotten more prevalent as the minutes move on. It is truly a fascinating show. I have learned a lot about the Norwegian culture and Norse Mythology. I have expanded my knowledge on Icelandic. This show has inspired me to learn yet another language. There are some disturbing moments, like when the dog called Trym (Which I noticed when Vidar calls Trym’s name he does it in Icelandic saying “Thrymr” Norwegian doesn’t have the “th” sound but Icelandic is pretty much the last of old English, therefore it has sounds that exist in English. So I then researched Thrymr, turns out Thrymr is a giant I think. ) But Magne with his Tor powers kills the dog with the name of giant in a very bloody fashion that made me flinch a bit. But I’m willing to flinch if that means I can learn more about Norse Mythology and study the Nordic languages. Also, you can get the show in English or Norwegian. You could watch it in English with Norwegian subtitles or in Norwegian with English subtitles (like me) whatever your preference be, act upon it young warrior! Listening to the Norwegian language is an interesting experience. There is such a rhythm in the way they speak. There is a fascinating and gripping storyline. Breathtaking background mountains I must say, and rich in emotion. I definitely recommend! One of the best done shows I’ve seen in awhile!