Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Raising Dion

Supervillain violence, bullying in excellent family drama.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byLaura O. October 10, 2019

Scarier, more language, and more sexual as episodes progress

For the first few episodes, I really enjoyed this show and planned to allow my children (11 and 13) to watch it. The way it dealt with race and special needs children as part of the storyline was very positive. Around the end of episode 4, the series gets somewhat darker and scarier. In episode 7 a lesbian relationship is introduced along with more language than I noticed in the earlier episodes. Episode 8 and 9 are definitely darker as the season reaches a climax (they also just feel disjointed from the earlier episodes). Somewhere in episodes 7-9 the general sexual inuendo and references begin to increase, as well. After watching the entire season, I've decided it will be another year or two before my kids get the okay to watch this one.
Adult Written bybheathain October 8, 2019
Adult Written byGbe300gods October 15, 2019

Season 2 please for the sake of everyone please!!!!

Best show since stranger things
Like right there with strangers but could be even better like holy.

Adult Written byJosh Turner October 14, 2019

GREAT!

Good show, positive role models, mild violence, and mild language. Good for ages 9 or ten and up
Parent of a 10 year old Written bysah777 October 14, 2019

Gets horribly more violent/scary as progresses...

Starts off good/fun, but gets really scary/violent as it goes on. Many murders by a monster shown. The final episode shows something like a demonic possession of a young child. Has lesbians. Recommend avoiding unless you like really scary things - we don't!

Adult Written bySuperEllie October 10, 2019

Adult Written byLady_atlanta89 October 10, 2019

Adult Written byGLHoover October 10, 2019

Great for neuro-diverse kids!

My 9, almost 10 yr old daughter discovered this and she and I watched the first episode together. We were both immediately hooked! The story lines of Dion as an obvious "non typical" kid being thrust into a new school, struggling with family issues, friends and bullies and was very relatable to our family. As a parent, I love the diverse cast and the emphasis on science, education and creativity. And the soundtrack is also fun! Our whole family is looking forward to continuing the series.

Adult Written byDfbg October 9, 2019

Diverse cast with powerful message

Adult Written byHeatherDavisMenno October 9, 2019

My kids loved it!

My kids are ready for season 2. Anything sexual was very difficult to detect. My kids definitely didn't notice anything. They were more interested in the super hero Dion and his friendship with Ezperanza. They also were very concerned for Dion's ability to help the adults. I thought Dion's acting was excellent. I saw another person in a review disagreed with Dion's mother's advice to her son about his racist principal. I'm sure she tried her best, she's a fictional character but her advice is what I've heard many POC tell their children. So it rang true to life. Plus, I don't know what else she really could have said. So, hopefully Netflix will renew this wonderful show.

Adult Written byPrettypersia202 October 7, 2019

Must watch!

Absolutely amazing! Netflix please hurry on season 2!!

Adult Written byMjackson2375 October 7, 2019

My kids are not big tv fans!

My children loved this show. They do not watch very much TV but they were so interested in this show. I also loved the diversity in ever character!