Parent reviews for Regular Show

Quirky animated series has some drinking, crude humor.

Parent of a 7, 7, 8, 11, and 14-year-old Written byChrist-Lover April 24, 2011

Very innocent show.

For the record, there is NO beer drinking, only coffee and soda. Having crushes isn't a sex issue. And I thought I could be overprotective. Language isn't an issue because kids have always been saying that. And I'm talking before this show even came out. The worst it's ever said is "How in the H are we gonna fix this S" but noone ever uses that. And it's funny! My children love this show and I end up laughing along. This certainly is better than the things on the air now.
EDIT: I am very disappointed in most of you guys. I come to a review for this and I see a bunch of spams of how inappropiate this show is. Now listen, this show does not cuss. They said some minor cusses in the beginning, sure. But it did not and I mean NOT say anything like sh-t or f-ck. If it did, believe me I would've noticed I've seen every single episode. Besides even if it were an adult show, they would've bleeped it out. And blood? When was they're ever blood? If you think this show is violent, your mistaken. Sure they showed a little blood in It's Time in the movie promo they wanted to see, but it was like, pink slob. It didn't even look like blood. Also in Jinx, they mirror demons or whatever they were had giant red scratches, but it wasn't blood. It you think THIS is a violent cartoon then try watching Superjail! or Happy Tree Friends because the most violent this ever gets, is explosions. This was never rated TV-14 or TV-MA. I don't even know what you're talking about. Maybe you're mistaking this for another show? Please, DO NOT put this on adult swim. I've finally found a show that I can watch with all my children that doesn't lead into arguing. Even my eldest child likes it. If you don't like the show, then simply just say so. You don't have to spam the reviews with all these lies. I mean do you people really believe this stuff? Shows like these don't expose a lot of cussing, reviews like those do.

Adult Written byrandumchik May 5, 2011
Regular Show is actually one of the better shows on Cartoon Network because it's actually funny. The two main characters are slackers, but they do take on responsibility when the opportunity arises. It has a PG rating, so I wouldn't recommend this show to anyone under the age of 10. The language isn't bad at all, seeing as how children here worse just walking outside. I'm 19 and I love this show. It has a lot of pop culture references that adults and children will recognize. So do me a solid and watch it :D

Adult Written byJEDI micah March 28, 2012

ONE OF THE BEST CARTOONS I'VE EVER SEEN!!!

This is the best show on Cartoon Network! I love the characters, plot, humor, and animation! But parents, this show is rated TV-PG, so there are some things in this show that may not be appropriate for kids. There's fantasy violence(but no blood shown), mild language, and some sexuality, although sex is never shown! Other than that, this is an awesome show to watch! Young teens will love it, even you parents may like it as well! And just to let you know, Common Sense, the park in the show is owned by Pops' father, not Pops himself! And I did not see one single episode that showed people drinking beer! You may want to change that in your review! Once again, ONE OF THE BEST CARTOONS I'VE EVER SEEN!!!

Adult Written byBribri25 November 2, 2011

Not that bad :/

I think that regular show is really RAD. And Mordacai, and Benson are really good role models. Mordacai: Always wants to come clean with every lie, and/or mistake. Benson: Always hounding Rigby to do his work, ( which EVERYONE should do to have a nice lifestyle ) and to remind Rigby that when it comes to how you live, theirs responsibilities that you need to do. Sure some bad stuff like sexual content, but they use better word than family guy does. Same as the language.

Parent of a 7 and 9-year-old Written bypboyal January 17, 2011

Perfect for all ages over 6.

This show is honest. Younger kids now a days use words like crap and piss. (Those are the less bad words)

Adult Written byAri_the_sensible September 8, 2010

A very Enjoyable Show for Older Children and Above

I watched the series premiere the other night and fell in love it. It's a funny, laid back, and imaginative cartoon that both adults and children can enjoy. There are some concerns people might want to watch out for. The show does have some mild crude language such as "pissed", "crap" and "how the H are we gonna fix this S?" It shouldn't be too big of a concern if you have older children of about middle school age or above who may be used to more colorful language already. You might want to supervise younger, more impressionable children though. It does have a PG rating for a reason.

Also, there is no drinking beer as of yet. Just coffee and soda, and they were never drunk. I think someone misinterpreted what they were drinking and doing.

Adult Written byCaleighS September 6, 2010
Seriously? Iffy for 16+. The worst I've seen in this show so far is the word crotch. I find it a fantastic kids show that has a nice offbeat humor.

Adult Written byEthan511 July 28, 2014

Really Good for Cartoon Network

I think this show is great. It carries a TV-PG rating for suggestive humor and mild language. There are a lot of innuendos, but most kids 13 and up will get the jokes. There is a running gag that the "soda" is obviously beer (there is evidence of this in the way the characters act after drinking the "soda.") The show is called "Regular Show" because the episodes start out normal, but then an insane plot twist comes up.
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 15, 2012

2nd best CN show next to Ed Edd N Eddy!

First off,there is no beer drinking.Though there was one time where Mordecai passes out after drinking a lot of soda.Yes,there is some cussing (like sucks,crap,pisses,screwed,ect.) and violence (brawling,guns,knives,ect).BUT Mordecai is a GREAT role model! Like in the episode Bet To Be Blonde when Mordecai teached Rigby a lesson about cheating.Also the animation is cool,I find the show REALLY funny! So I recommend Regular Show.
Adult Written bycakesniffer13 April 12, 2011

An hilarious show that is not offensive to normal people.

So, this show is really unique. It's not offensive, but it is hilarious. There's a difference. Mordecai is actually a good role model, as long as you don't find the act playing video games whenever possible evil. You should really watch this show!

Parent of a 12, 14, and 15-year-old Written bycheesed12 September 5, 2010
It should be rated TV-MA-VL and it should aired on Adult Swim!

Adult Written byJaydogZackery May 15, 2020

Even tamer than Adventure Time

Contrary to the popular belief of most adults, Regular Show is in fact tamer for children than Adventure Time. There is not as much swearing (pissed is the worst this show has ever used); the three not-so-swear words in the show are screwed, boobs, and crap. Other than that, there is no swearing (Adventure Time and 6teen use the word "a**," but RS uses butt instead). This is the same kind of language that even some SpongeBob episodes have.

Adult Written byamandaolague May 10, 2020

Watched it when I was a kid and loved it.

When I was younger I loved this show, it had a fun animation style and barely anything bad I guess. I rewatched it and realized how much went over my head, as I watched it with my younger siblings, it flew over their's too. A lot of sexual references but they are all very subtle. As for language, only the first few episodes said the word "crap" often, then it stopped. A bunch of words like "stupid" or "dumb", one episode used the word "pecs" in a sexual way towards a girl. No drinking but a lot of bad role models, regardless it's a great show, I suggest you watch it!

Adult Written byDerekRB April 12, 2020

GREAT CHRISTIAN SHOW FOR TWEENS AND TEENS

Unlike most of the other cartoons at least this one the SJWs and PC Police fear. They are consistently conservative, although they do quite a bit make marijuana jokes but that's just part of the whole comedy.

The language is actually quite mild for a TV-PG show. It actually doesn't even use the words "hell," "oh my God," or "damn," just semivulgar euphemisms and slang like "friggin, crap, pissed off, sucks." It's far less crude than many modern comedies that carry the same rating. Even shows initially rated TV-Y/Y7 in the 1990s contained this language; i.e. Dexter, Rocko, Ren/Stimpy, etc.

This show, despite being TV-PG, has way less profanity than many "kids' shows" like WordGirl or Paw Patrol. Those shows are rated TV-Y or TV-Y7.

It also uses slapstick violence but it's a PG cartoon comedy so what's the point? It is one of the only sane cartoons left.

Age recommendation: 10+

Oh, and Happy Easter!! We're eating Chick-fil-A and watching this show!

Adult Written byTheTroller75 January 21, 2020

Excuses about people saying Regular Show is rude

First of all for those people saying crap is a rude word in regular show you are stupid and shouldn’t be a parent. And if you’re saying it’s 18+ get your eyes checked and know what a rating is, it’s called common sense media for a reason DUMBA$$ES

Adult Written byAisling92 October 2, 2019

No blatant cussing; but a lot of blatant sexism.

Is a comment like “Aw, Pajama Sisters? That’s just a stupid chick flick, and not even the good kind, they just talk about their feelings fully clothed” appropriate for children in our already over p*rnofied world where 7 year old boys are already accessing violent p**n sites? Come on. That little comment alone is just oozing with degrading sexism and so many other points I don’t have time to make. I used to enjoy this show more before I started constantly noticing degrading comments like that. Seeing how all the female characters are drawn in the background is unsettling as well. Women are either fat, saggy, or a prostitute with ridiculously drawn cleavage. That kind of stuff really does shape how you view women early on and it’s sad that “oh it’s a kid show” is why a lot of parents blow it off. Is this website not for establishing healthy shows for our children and teaching media literacy? Talk to your children about how body image affects women and how grown men are allowed to perpetuate their gross behavior in children’s tv shows. And yes it does glorify drunken behavior as well even if they’re just getting “drunk” off of soda.

Adult Written byAnonymos June 26, 2019
Adult Written byquincy12 April 5, 2019

Regular Show is an entertaining animated comedy that is iffy for Cartoon Network

Parents need to know that this non-Adult Swim cartoon is quite edgy for Cartoon Network. Mordecai and Rigby are not the greatest examples of role models for children. They are lazy, they binge on soda and coffee, they are addicted to sweets, and they use common slang such as “ticked off” or “oh, crap”. Benson calls them mean names such as “slackers” and “imbeciles”. As for violence, death is very frequent in Regular Show. Spoiler Alert: Pops dies in the series finale. This cartoon is not appropriate for children under 12.
Adult Written bymikanchan March 5, 2019

it's not that bad

i know all the over protective parents on this website are calling it inappropriate but it really isn't that bad at all. i've been watching it since i was little (i'm 12) and my mom was fine with it. sure there's rude language in it but kids already say words more harsh than "crap, hell, frick, screwed, etc.". the drinking is never pointed out as beer and so what if it does look like beer? most parents who drink dont mind their kids seeing it. my point is there's nothing that bad about the show and you crazy suburban white moms need to care about bigger problems, not a silly cartoon. ✌️
Adult Written byAshley R. February 24, 2019

22 year old

I personally think this is great it's very edgy for a small child too everyone that's bigger needs to check this out