All teen and kid member reviews for Revenge

Teen, 17 years old Written byCriminal_Minds September 26, 2011

Surprisingly good!

I thought it was very good! It is mysterious, clever, suspenceful, full of drama! There might be some parts you kid doesn't understand fully. There are some issues like violence(in the opening scene of the pilot, they show somebody getting shot. but very little blood. another scene, the main character poisoned a mans soup, but he was okay) As for sexual things, a husband cheats on his wife with her best friend. The whole theme of the show is Forgiveness or Revenge. Obviously, the main character chooses Revenge, contrary to what her father said(forgiveness). It might set a bad example for kids, that if something doesn't go your way, you can seek revenge on the person, but if a kid thinks that way, i feel they're too young/immature to watch the show. I really enjoyed it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycnp77 October 20, 2011

this show is great!

I am 13 years old and I love the show, its a suspenseful drama that leaves you wanting more every week. The show is called "Revenge" so obviously there is going to be a general theme of revenge which may not be great for all kids. There is a slight amount of violence but nothing that will give anyone over 11 nightmares. This show has some sexual content but never any nudity. Sconce this show is about the "Hamton" life style there will be some social drinking and one of the main characters is a recovering alcoholic, but there is once again nothing major. They barely ever swear in this show but when they do its never worse than the a word. All in all its a great show for 13 year old and up with a little bit of non bloody violence, some sexual content but never anything major, and social drinking. Its a great show and a perfect wednesday night drama.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJustKeepSwimming October 15, 2013

NOT FOR KIDS, BEST GUILTY PLEASURE ON TV!

This show is absolutely BRILLIANT! For teens and adults, that is. It's definitely not for kids under 14 or 15, but if they are mature, enough 12 or 13 yr olds could go for it. There are a few inexplicit sex scenes here and there, I beleive they feature in episodes S1: 4, 5, 7, 17, 18 and S2: 4, 9, 12, 14, and 18, as well as being referenced a fair bit. The 'B' word is commonly used as well as a few other small 'swear' words. There is ALOT of violence, gun use, kidnapping, drug use and a fair bit of blood, e.g. In the beginning of episode 4 in the second season a maid is seen wiping a large amount of blood off of the floor, and later in the episode a kidnapped man is seen using a piece of broken glass to free himself, which scrapes against his skin causing blood to go everywhere. The show features alcohol in pretty much every episode, and there aren't many positive role models. Pretty much charecter on the show has murdered, gave false testimonys, stolen or done something wrong of some sort, except for Emily's father, David Clarke, her childhood freind, Jack Porter and Nolan's aunt, Carole Miller. In conclusion this show is definitely a no-no for kids, although young teens could watch if mature enough. But this show is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G for teens or older, the plot twists and revelations will shock you, the deaths will either sadden or satisfy you, and the charecters will intrigue you! BEST GUILTY PLEASURE ON TV!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycocodragonz November 28, 2012
Teen, 16 years old Written byzipzipzap May 25, 2012

Great Show!

This show is actuallly really good, i love it but its for older kids. It has a bunch of twists and turns, but the whole show is about revenge which wouldn't be a good message for younger kids, but its still a great show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWatcher123 June 28, 2016
There is nothing that a mature 13 year old can't handle it is a really good series facing stuff that happens every day around the world maybe not this intense but still the same prospect
Teen, 13 years old Written byBradleyWeiss June 14, 2013

Revenge is sweet :)

Revenge is a very good series. It hooked me from the beginning. The sexual content is not a huge issue. One inexplicit sex scene here and there is no big deal. There is hardly any violence at all. The drinking is a little bit more of an issue. There is a descent amount of scenes where people get drunk and so forth. This show has more of a suspenseful tone than drama. It's a good show!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCamille Engelson August 4, 2016

Revenge Review

You should have a mature understanding of concepts like revenge and adultery, as in you shouldn't be impressionable on these topics! This show is an excellent soap opera, with sex, alcohol, and drugs existing but not being the center of the show. Most of the characters are adults who are dealing with covering up their actions from other characters and sometimes the law.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymegan.fern February 20, 2015

So Suspensful

There is always a twist in every episode, the writers of Revenge really thought about the script really well. There is some violence but it only happens in the last few episodes of the season, sometimes there will be a bit of violence in the middle of the season. Suitable for teenagers. I really love Revenge and highly recommend it. Not much swearing or sexual scenes.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykell098 June 12, 2014

Good plot

Revenge has a very good plot, but it is an inappropriate show. There are many casual dirty scenes, and it definitely is a more 'grown up' show. only mature teens that don't get influenced should watch this.
Teen, 17 years old Written byhbastion March 2, 2014

I love, love, love this show.

This is one of my favorite shows. I have to admit, though, It started out fantastic in Season 1, and then drifted off to become VERY over dramatic. There were times where I rolled my eyes on how unrealistically theatrical it was. Despite that, the show is very entertaining and most of the time can make their drama-filled antics work to their advantage. Plus, I LOVE nearly the whole cast, they work well together and really makes the show flow and draws you in. I suggest you give it a try. It may not be the show for you, but if you're a fan of Gossip Girl, the Hamptons, or just plain ol' revenge, give it a shot.
Kid, 12 years old January 19, 2014

I've Never Been So Astonished By Parents Lack Of Comprehension. But Love The Show!

I honestly believe the rating on this on here is absurd. On netflix it is rated TV-PG and sure, it does have sexual content, but its not like its showing anything, and in all reality we are exposed to these kinds of things everyday just by going to school. Do parents not remember school? That ratchet place where they learned almost everything bad that is still in their mind to this day? Well Revenge is nothing compared to the outside world. And parents think violence is such a big issue in this show, but if you actually took a second to think about it, you would realize that there is more violence in our world than there could EVER be on a T.V screen. The sandy hook school shooting, the boston bombing, and the movie theatre massacre. And the consept of revenge is a simple thing. With or without this T.V show, everyone wants revenge on someone. The world is a nasty place and Revenge won't make it any worse. But otherwise, it's a great show and i rate it 5 stars because it is a perfect drama with just the right amount of violence, relationships, and conniving schemers.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhugopaws January 5, 2013

I love this show!

Revenge is a great show and I am addicted to it. I would say that violence and sex is minimal and the storyline is about a battle of good and evil. There isn't any real bad stuff in it, it's just the themes that some kids won't be able to understand.
Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2012

Amazing TV show!

I love this show, it's just amazing! :) I'm twelve years old and started watching it when I went over to my aunt's house and she was watching it. Even though there are some parts that may be considered inappropriate (for example, Victoria cheating on her husband) there are no graphic sex scenes or anything like that and the language is not very strong. I think most kids who are older than twelve will not find the show disturbing or inappropriate even though some themes anI Revenge are somewhat "mature". I love this show!
Teen, 13 years old Written byanna0217 September 26, 2012

Dont judge a show by its cover

this show is very good and its no wose than the shows teens are watching today. however it does have drinking and violence. you should still consider letting you teenager watch it. Its not heavy drinking most of the time their is rearely drinking but there is violence thats kind of the idea of the show